New mission: Rule breaking

My guardian, my demon

"Hey, where are you? What are you doing?" Sehun asked helplessly as he couldn't sense Jongin around.

"Out here! Your house is a damn mess!" Jongin laughed.

"That's what happens when you're a college student and depressed."

"But, you won't be anymore, right?"

"I can't make promises," Sehun's head dropped down.

"You know, you don't have to deal with this alone. What you need is a friend. Just one friend can make you get rid of all your sadness. Believe me on this one. I have one friend that I can never get rid of no matter how much I tried because he helped me at my hardest times and we went through everything together," Jongin advised Sehun.

"You are my friend," Sehun smiled.

"I am, but one day, I will be gone. Sooner than you think. You can't just depend on a ghost. That's irresponsible to be honest. Go out. Talk to people in your college. Socialise. There's no use in going there if all you're ever gonna do is study and that's it. It's nice to have real friends. Friends that'll make you happy. You can even ask a girl or a guy out. Have a fun date with them. If they love you, they'll help you and you would have gained a precious soulmate," Jongin almost let a tear drop from how depressing this topic is but then he let out a forced laugh to assure Sehun. "I'm being dramatic, aren't I?"

"No, you're right. I just... have no courage." Sehun smiled sadly.

"I'll help you but now, you must sleep Sehun. I'll come back later," Jongin pushed Sehun to his bed and bid him goodbye.

"But I want to talk to you," Sehun whined.

"You're so childish. Tomorrow we'll talk again," Jongin kissed Sehun's forehead. "Should I leave the lights on?"

"Yeah," Sehun smiled then closed his eyes.

"Goodnight," Jongin started flying as soon as he said that. It suddenly hit him. He'd been too busy having fun to completely realise it. He'd broken a rule already. First day and a rule was broken. He was sure that with a cute guy like him the rest will also be broken in no time. All of his tough trainings are of no use now. He quickly flew from Sehun's house to the dorms. He needed to clear his mind.


"CHANYEOL. HELP. I. SCREWED. EVERYTHING. UP," Jongin screamed as soon as he entered the room.

"Wha--" a sleepy Chanyeol looked up at Jongin from the bed and fell off of it when he turned around to check the time. His eye twitched when it was 2 in the morning. He had to sleap early since his mission was starting early in the morning but Jongin had to come and ruin his beauty sleep.

"I BROKE A RULE. ALREADY!" Jongin shook him.

"Which?" Chanyeol looked at him with annoyance and boredom written all over his face. It was as if he expected that from the beginning.

"Rule number four," Jongin cried.

"How did you even manage to do that?" Chanyeol looked at him as if he was a runaway psycho. Their sight was hilarious. One demon is sat on the floor with a blanket around him and his hair is literally pointing to every direction available on a compass while the other demon is in panic mode.

"I. Have. No. Idea," Jongin deadpanned.

"Do you think that there were any watchers?"

"No there weren't any," Jongin shook his head.

"Then you're perfectly fine. Just don't talk to that guy again."

"But I want to..." Jongin whispered.

"Wait. What? You want to talk to a human?" Chanyeol rose an eyebrow. Jongin just nodded silently. "God! Are you kidding me? You must be! Do you know what kind of punishment you'll receive if anyone else knew? Six years in prison! I'm not ready to lose you just because of a foreign human."

"But he's really nice and cute. He's really friendly. I can't not talk to him. He seemed so... lonely. He's so ed up. More ed up than us. I don't like it. I want to show him how to be happy like other people or like us demons. It's breaking my heart. I can't just console him from afar. It's breaking my heart..." Jongin started crying now as soon as he remembered the guy's problems. He knew if he was in Sehun's place he would have already commited suicide because of all the pressure and sadness. Chanyeol just scrunched his face at Jongin's ugly crying face. As much as his face was perfect in normal conditions, he literally looked like an ugly duckling while crying.

"Did he see you?" Chanyeol sighed.

"No I hid my body. He could only hear my voice."

"Is there a possibility that you'll break rule number one in the future?"

"No! I just want to be a good friend of his. Mark my words, I'll never fall in love with him. I can't fall in love with a human. That's insane. If I wanted to die then maybe but for now, I have no death wish. I'm perfectly happy."

"As if befriending a human isn't insane," Chanyeol muttered.

"Hey! I heard that!" Jongin hit Chanyeol on his arm.

"Okay! Calm down. No need to hit me," Chanyeol laughed.

"Are you ready for your mission?"

"No, duh. I have a feeling that I'll end up just like you. I'll try my best anyways," Chanyeol shrugged.

"Fine, lets sleep now. You seem really tired."

"Yeah I am. But I want you to sleep with me today. I know that your back hurts."

"That sounded so wrong but okay. However, please try not to burn me in my sleep, I'd really appreciate it," Jongin laughed.

"Okay," Chanyeol smiled then threw his body on the bed and closed his eyes. Jongin followed suit and started laughing.

"What are you laughing at?" Chanyeol turned his head to look at him.

"Nothing," Jongin continued laughing. That nothing was a particular little human being that started invading his thoughts since the afternoon. The pretty smile, silky brown hair and the to die for body. He was the definition of perfection.

"Okay then, good night," Chanyeol switched off the lights.

"Night."

 

 

A/N: Hey everyone! As much as I wanna cry, I tried to update quickly. School is so unfair! I can't wait for another vacation. Anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter! I'll try to update again during this week but if not, I'm sorry. Thank you!