New mission: Friends?

My guardian, my demon

A vase. A freaking vase. A harmless little thing made Jongin want to bang his head really hard on the wall till he passes out. He wanted Chanyeol to help him out in any way but of course, this isn't possible. He had to think of a solution on his own...

'Way to go, Kim Jongin. Way to go...'

"W-who's there?" Sehun was scared. Firstly, there were shattered pieces of sharp glass all over the floor that looked extremely intimidating to Sehun and secondly, just the thought of someone or more like something taking a stroll in his room made him shudder. He never experienced such things and the only explanation in his head right now is that he's definitely going crazy.

"I know I'm breaking two rules today, that's for damn sure," Jongin thought out loud.

"WHAT?" Sehun shouted. He was terrified. Well, who wouldn't be when you discover a supernatural being in your house?

'. Did I say that out loud? Damn it! Think Jongin. Think! Oh! There are no watchers on the first couple of days. Sometimes there are no watchers at all. I'll just say I'm some kind of ghost then try to have another approach tomorrow.'

"Umm... I was just... asking if you have some aftershave?" Jongin laughed sheepishly. 'Wow, Jongin... Wow...'

"W-who? W-what? What are you?" Sehun cowered in his bed, under the covers may I add. The only thing that was visible from his body were his brown wide eyes. Even his pupils were shivering with fear.

"Me? I'm a ghost! I thought I would accompany you today cause, why not?" Jongin laughed, trying to cover up his real intentions. 'This is going smoothly till now. I'll keep up with this act for two more days before any watchers would come,' Jongin thought.

"And I'm supposed to just talk to you and believe you? You could be Satan! Hell, you could be my own crazy thoughts!" Sehun exclaimed, horrified with the whole situation he was in. "Go away!" Sehun covered his ears with his soft hands and shut his eyes tightly. After a few seconds, he opened them again and was relieved to not hear anything. The room was silent until Jongin snorted at how Sehun acted. He thought it was quite cute actually.

"Well, I'm not going to just disappear because you closed your eyes hoping that I would leave you alone," Jongin scoffed. "I ain't going to force you but, you can talk about anything you like. I'll listen," Jongin said cheerfully. This was even better than looking after (stalking) a person discretely. He's sure though that his boss would 200% disagree with his opinion.

"Can I trust you?" Sehun asked with a slight glare that wasn't dangerous but more curious. Then he looked at him with the most innocent eyes Jongin had ever seen. Like the way a baby would look at his mother for the first time. Eyes full of innocence and cuteness. Jongin couldn't handle this look to be completely honest.

"Of course! I'm here to just listen to you. I'm a ghost anyways, no one would ever believe my words even if I thought about telling your secret."

"Can't I see you?" Jongin gasped.

"No! No way!"

"Why not?"

"I'll... I'll... die!"

"Aren't you already dead?" Sehun whispered, obviously still scared.

"Oh, yeah. I am. Then, you'll die."

"Okay..." Sehun whimpered.

"So? Let's talk about what's bothering you! I promise you I'll listen. Oh by the way, do you have anything to eat? I'm kinda hungry to be honest," well, why not eat while healing this guy's open wounds? He was willing to do anything for food and this seemed like a win win situation to Jongin.

"Ghosts eat?" Sehun raised an eyebrow, looking more amused than scared now.

"Duh! We have to be healthy and strong just like you!"

"Okay, one second," Sehun got up hesitantly. He knew it was weird however he still got the friendly ghost some crackers to bite on and to ease his hunger. Sehun was kind hearted. He won't let him starve to death even if he was just imagining all of this.

"Here you go," Sehun said with a smile and extended his hand infront of him.

"Thanks!" Jongin said and grabbed the crackers while making sure not to touch Sehun's oh so silky beautiful hands. He could have been drooling over them. They were the prettiest hands that he'd ever seen in his whole life which was quite a long while. His slender, long fingers. The soft skin. The perfect nails. Jongin could be in love with them.

"Wait, what's your name?" Sehun asked while sitting down on his bed.

"I'm Jongin."

"I'm Sehun," Sehun smiled shyly.

"I know, ghosts know everything about this world. Don't get creeped out though, we can't know your deepest secretes," Jongin didn't want to tell him that he knew every detail about his ed up life. He wanted the cutie to open up to him and tell him everything on his own.

"You can't blame me, but I feel like a ghost whisperer right now. Like those people who appear on tv and pretend that they're contacting with a ghost on stage," Sehun laughed genuinely.

"They're all liars, none of us appear in your world. I'm just one of the rule breakers."

"Oh a bad boy huh?" Sehun chuckled.

"You can say so. Anyways, tell me what was bothering you today now. You seemed extremely sad," Jongin said with concern lingering in his soft voice.

"Well, it seems weird that I'm laughing now even after all that happened... My parents just died this morning," Sehun dropped his head and started tearing up again. "I can't live without them. They're my whole life," Now Sehun was crying rivers, not just one or two teardrops.

"Oh, it's okay little friend. Everything will be fine," Jongin couldn't help throwing his invisible strong body onto Sehun and he hugged him tightly, putting his chin on Sehun's head. He felt like he needed to protect Sehun. Not just because of the stupid mission but because this is what his heart tells him to do.

"Your body is warm," Sehun hid his head in Jongin's chest. Even though he couldn't see the ghost, he felt grateful that someone finally listened to him. He was happy someone was by his side, even if there was this very small possibility that this ghost could be his own thoughts mocking him to full craziness.

"Yeah, I guess so," Jongin chuckled, sending warm and comforting vibrations to Sehun's body with his heartily laughter. He patted Sehun's back lovingly.

"Thank you," Sehun didn't care whether the sweet guy was a ghost or a human. He wanted someone by his side. Someone to protect him from this evil world other than his parents. If he couldn't befriend humans, why not befriend ghosts?

 

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading so far! I just wanted to inform you all that I may not update as fast as before since school is starting and all *cries* BUT I'll try to be more organised and update on some schedule (Idek). Anyways, thank you all! *waves*