JiHan

My Pet

Jeonghan is a busy guy. Despite his freelance job, he handles big clients. Just like any other workers, Jeonghan thought he will be job-free in the holidays. But he got a love call from his workplace that he’ll be handling another photoshoot. A calendar photoshoot. Nice, Jeonghan thought. But he did it anyway.

“Alright. That’s a wrap. Great work everyone.” Jeonghan said as he claps his hand a few times. He bowed to the artists and praised them for their professional work. Jeonghan packed his things and glanced at the clock. The arms pointing to twelve and nine. He left his studio and head back to his apartment.

Jeonghan was on the road when his phone beeped. It was a text message. Jeonghan took a glance and smiled as the name ‘Jisoo’ popped to the screen.

“Chocolate cookies as usual.” Jeonghan said to himself. He drove to the nearest minimarket then he bought some chocolate cookies for Jisoo and some instant noodles for himself. He has a long night coming up. He paid for everything and continued his journey back home.

Long story short, he arrived at his apartment. He pressed on the bell and waited.

“Who is it?” a sound from the inside called out.

“It’s me, Jeonghan.” The lad answered.

“Coming!” the sound replied. The door was opened. Jeonghan flashed a smile as he saw the boy.

“I’m home, Jisoo.” Jeonghan greeted with a grin. The other boy, Jisoo, gave a teddy bear hug to his master. His white tail swishing happily.

“Welcome home, master! I’ve been waiting for you.” Jisoo greets back. Jeonghan chuckled as he lightly the younger’s ear, making him purr at the affection. They entered their apartment. Jeonghan groaned at the sight of his white leather couch and glomped on it immediately. Jisoo giggled at his master’s behavior. He crouched down so he’s facing his master perfectly.

“Master, are you alright? Should I make something for you?” Jisoo asked as he flashes his sweetest smile. But to the younger’s surprise, Jeonghan shook his head.

“No thanks, Jisoo. It’s no big deal. I’m just tired.” Jeonghan said lazily. Jisoo pouted at his response.

“Are you sure, master Jeonghan? I could make you a cup of hot chocolate. Or coffee.” Jisoo asked once again. This time, Jeonghan sat up and placed a kiss on Jisoo’s forehead. Jisoo’s eyes widened at his sudden actions. Well, not like Jeonghan has never done that before.

“No need, Jisoo. Just by seeing you smile like that, I’m all charged.” Jeonghan said reassuring him. “By the way, I bought you some chocolate cookies as usual.” Hearing that, Jisoo’s eyes widened even more. Jeonghan could see the excitement in the younger’s eyes.

“Really? Thank you, master!” Jisoo said as he hugs his master again. Jisoo has always been affectionate ever since Jeonghan got him on his 18th birthday. He would like to thank his parents for giving him an amazing magical friend.

Jeonghan then grabbed the chocolate cookies out of the plastic bag and hands it to Jisoo. Jisoo claps happily as he takes the chocolate cookies and thanks him again for the nth time. Jeonghan smiled as he pats Jisoo’s head again.

“I’m going to make some noodles for us. You wait here okay?” Jeonghan ordered the younger. The lad gave a cute nod in response. He the TV as he starts munching on his chocolate cookies. Jeonghan went to the kitchen and starts making noodles for them. As Jeonghan was cooking, he could hear his kitten’s giggles. That sounded like pure music to his ears. He left the kitchen for a bit and back hugged his kitten and plants a kiss on top of his head.

“What’s so funny, kitten?” Jeonghan asked.

“That tall guy right there. He’s being so awfully clumsy.” Jisoo answered as he kept on giggling. Jeonghan glanced at the TV screen. Jisoo was right, that tall guy he was referring is a wreck. Jeonghan can’t help but laugh along. After 5 minutes or so, Jeonghan returned to the kitchen and continued his cooking.

It took half an hour for Jeonghan to cook those noodles. Jeonghan wasn’t an expert in cooking. But at least he tried. Jeonghan called out Jisoo to join him in the dining table. Jisoo got up from the couch and gathered along with his master. Jeonghan grabbed two bowls and serves the noodles for him.

“There you go, Jisoo. Eat up. I don’t want you to get sick.” Jeonghan said as he gave Jisoo the noodles. Jisoo grinned and gave his master a nod before he starts eating the noodles. Jeonghan took a seat across from him and starts enjoying his food as well.

Jeonghan was fast, or perhaps hungry. He finished the food in a jiffy which earned an impressed look from the boy sitting across him. Jeonghan chuckled at the look on Jisoo’s face.

“Why are you looking at me like that, Jisoo?” Jeonghan questioned.

“Master, are you hungry or you just enjoyed your food a little too much?” The latter responded. Jeonghan smiled.

“Probably both. But I’m all done now.” Jeonghan said. Jisoo giggled as his beloved master. He continued eating. But then, another question popped up onto Jisoo’s mind. Yet he’s afraid to ask for it. Jeonghan, who sensed this, decides to give Jisoo the bait.

“Jisoo? Is there something wrong?” Jeonghan asked. The kitten looked up at his master, surprised at how he knew about it. Jisoo can’t say no anymore.

“Master, tomorrow is Christmas Eve...” Jisoo stated. “I was wondering that… Maybe we could spend the time together?” Jisoo trailed off. Jeonghan nodded. He flashed a smirk. Of course, Jisoo was oblivious to that.

“Kitten, I really want to spend time with you. Like, really. But my boss told me that I have some work to do.” Jeonghan said. No, he lied. He was planning something special. Jisoo pouted and let out a soft whine as his ears droop. His tail stopped swishing. He bit his lip, trying hard to hold his tears. He understands that Jeonghan has a hectic schedule lately. But how he wishes for Jeonghan to spend more time with him. Especially it’s the holidays.

“I… I see.” Jisoo said, finishing the last spoon. He stood up and takes the dirty dishes to the sink and starts washing them. Jeonghan saw the look on the younger’s eyes. He felt guilty. But he’s not going to cancel his plan.

Jeonghan stood up and lightly pat the kitten’s head. Making the kitten purr at his gentle touches.

“I’m very sorry, Jisoo.” Jeonghan apologized. Jisoo just gave a small nod in response as he continued washing the dishes. Jeonghan then left the kitchen and starts working on the photos he took earlier. Jisoo looks over him by his shoulders. It hurts him that his own master doesn’t get to spend time with him. But being the obedient little kitten he was, he couldn’t say no. Especially to his very own master. He switched to his cat form and walks into his master’s room. Jeonghan saw the white little feline pass by him. He lets out a small chuckle.

“Jisoo-ya, are you going to sleep already?” Jeonghan asked. The kitten responded with a meow. He nudged the door open and hopped onto Jeonghan’s bed. He curled his petite body on the king-sized bed and dozes off to sleep.

Jeonghan, on the other hand, was busy with his photoshoots earlier. Picking the best ones to send to the company. It shouldn’t take long because Jeonghan actually did it halfway during the photoshoot. And because the artists already picked their favorite photo personally, everything is so much easier.

He peeked through the room door to see a sleeping kitten Jisoo. That’s when the coast is clear. He browses through his folders and clicked on a specific folder named ‘My Lovely Jisoo’. He takes a quick check and picked several photos. He prints it and stares at it delightfully.

“These sure brings back memories.” Jeonghan said to himself. He kept the photos save in his drawer. Don’t want the kitten to find out of his surprise. Jeonghan glanced at the clock. 12.30 a.m. It’s time to rest. Jeonghan walked into his room and changed into a comfortable wear. He lied down on his bed carefully, not wanting to wake his precious pet from his deep slumber. Soon, Jeonghan dozes off to dreamland.

 

A new day finally comes. Jisoo starts waking up and stared at the empty spot next to him. He sighed. His master really left him for work. He switched to his human form and sat on the bed, pouting.

“I can’t believe master Jeonghan really left me.” Jisoo thought. He turned to face Jeonghan’s side. His eyes widened as he saw a sticky note attached to the bedside lamp. He took it and read it.

To my lovely Jisoo <3

Good morning, my precious.

Sorry I have to leave you so early in the morning. The photoshoot I’m doing today is using such concept. I nearly missed my alarm.

I made you breakfast already. You can go to Wonwoo’s today. Mingyu needs some company.

Take care, Jisoo. I’ll be home as soon as possible.

Love,

Master Jeonghan

 

Jisoo smiled at the note. At least he has someone to hang out with. He walked out from his master’s bedroom and glanced at the dining room. Jeonghan made breakfast indeed. Judging by the scent, it’s American Breakfast. Jisoo’s favorite. He decides to take a shower first. He grabs his towel and heads to the bathroom.

As soon as he finishes getting ready, he ate his breakfast. While doing so, he found another sticky note attached to his glass of milk. He took it off and reads it.

To my lovely Jisoo

Don’t forget to lock the doors and windows before you leave. I already did the chores so you don’t have to worry about anything. Just enjoy your day with Mingyu, alright?

Love,

Master Jeonghan

 

Jisoo smiled again. He’s lucky to have a very caring master like Jeonghan. If he remembers correctly, it’s his 4th year together. Jeonghan always cares everything about him. He might develop some special feelings for his master. No, scratch that. He already developed a special feeling for his master.

Jisoo finished his breakfast and washed his dish. He grabbed his phone and coat then he took his leave. Not forgetting to lock the doors and windows just like what his master said. He heads down to Wonwoo’s apartment. He sends a text message to Mingyu, Wonwoo’s pet. Seconds later, the other kitten replied. Confirming his visit. With that, Jisoo heads off to his fellow friend’s household.

 

Jeonghan wasn’t on duty today. He took a day off. But still, he was busy preparing his surprise for his beloved kitten. He went to several stores. Spending all his money on art supplies, chocolates, cakes, and more chocolates. He’s willing to do anything for his beloved Jisoo as long as he could make him happy. And Jeonghan knows that Jisoo has an undying love for chocolate. Jeonghan decides to make a special treat for him. Soon, he finished shopping everything he need and now he heads home to start working on it. He drives home with a happy feeling. Although, he could get impatient with the traffics every once in a while.

Jeonghan finally arrives at his apartment after surviving the traffic. He entered his apartment and glanced at the clock. He sighed in relieve.

“It’s still a bit early… I’ll take a quick nap. Traffic makes me sleepy.” Jeonghan stated. He puts his stuffs and slept for who knows how long.

 

Jeonghan woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. He grabbed his phone and answered it.

“Hello, Jisoo?”

“Master, are you done yet?”

“Uh… Sorry, Jisoo. Seems like I’ll be pretty busy today. I don’t know when I’ll finish.”

“But master… It’s Christmas Eve!”

“Yes, Jisoo. I know. I’ll go home as soon as possible. Okay? How are you doing there? Is everything fine?”

“Yep! Master Wonwoo made cookies for me and Mingyu. He saved some for you too, master.”

“Tell him I said thank you. Alright?”

“Noted! Then I guess I’ll return at night. Is that okay, master?”

“It’s fine. But be careful, okay?”

“Okay, master. Bye! I love you~”

“Love you too, kitten. Take care!”

 

The phone call ended. Everything is going smoothly. Jeonghan glanced at his phone screen.

“4 p.m! Let’s get working.” Jeonghan thought. He takes out the art supplies and the photos he printed last night. He stared at the photos. 13 in total.  He smiled as he look at the pictures and let out soft thankful sigh. He grabbed a roll of black carton he bought and cuts it into squares. He sticks the photos and a small piece of paper with small captions written on it. Jeonghan was satisfied with his work. He went to stick the photos from the entrance and all the way to living room. As people would say, it’s an exhibition.

Exhibition, check. Now it’s time for Jeonghan to make some Christmas treats. He decided to make Chocolate barks. He’d figured it would be the perfect Christmas treat for him and Jisoo. He grabbed the groceries and starts making the treats

 

Long story short, Jeonghan has finished making the chocolate barks. He even added some crushed peppermint candies on it. It tastes good. Good enough for an amateur like him. He was happy with the results. But then, Jeonghan glanced at the mess he made. He groaned. He nearly wrecked the whole kitchen. He set aside the barks and starts cleaning the mess he made. He still has a few things to do. He glanced at the clock. What he saw made his eyes widened.

‘My goodness! It’s eight already?!’ he thought. He rushed his cleaning and gets everything set. Just when Jeonghan was about to hang the last streamer, his phone ranged again. Making Jeonghan almost fell from the chair. He grabbed his phone and looks at it. It’s Jisoo. Jeonghan decides to play around. He declined the phone call. Adding a final touch and…

“Done!” Jeonghan exclaimed. “Now to set the mood and find a perfect hiding spot.” He continued. He turned off the lights and lit up the Christmas tree he set on the 12th day of December.

 

Meanwhile, in Wonwoo’s household, Jisoo kept calling his master but he got the same respond. Mingyu hugged his friend. Comforting him as his grey tail wraps around his friend’s body.

“Jisoo hyung~ It’s okay. I’m sure he didn’t hear it. It’s not like he did that on purpose.” Mingyu said.

“But… I’m worried. It’s 8 p.m already. He’s usually home by now.” Jisoo said as his lips trembled. A tear slid down from his cheek. Mingyu it off, earning a soft whimper from the older.

“He’ll be fine, hyung. Trust me.” Mingyu said as he nuzzles against the crook of the older’s neck.

“Jisoo, Jeonghan texted me. He said that if you want to go home first, go ahead. He still has some things to do." Hearing the news, Jisoo’s ears drooped. Mingyu pouted as well.

“Master, can we drive him home? It’s almost late. Who knows what might happen to Jisoo hyung out there? The other humans might do something bad to him!” Mingyu blabbered worriedly. Wonwoo pets their heads in a soothing way. Trying to ease their worries.

“Okay okay. We’ll drive him home. Grab your jackets. It’s freezing outside.” Wonwoo finally decides. They grab their jackets and heads down to the parking lot. They drove Jisoo home.

 

Jisoo arrived and he bid farewell to his friends. Jisoo goes inside his apartment with heavy steps. He unlocks the door and enters. It was dark. Jisoo the lights and his eyes widens at the papers with his photos attached to the wall. He smiled at the little captions written below. He slowly walks pass by until he reached the living room. He saw a big picture of him and Jeonghan when they went on a roadtrip to Busan. Jisoo really liked that. He walked to the Christmas tree and again, he found another sticky note.

To my lovely Jisoo

And you thought I was busy, right? I have something for you. Look at the red box below the tree!

Love,

Yoon Jeonghan

 

“Yoon Jeonghan? Odd…” Jisoo said to himself. He crouched down and yes, he found a small red box. He opened it. He gasps. It was a necklace, with a ‘J’ on it. He took out the necklace and stared at it in awe.

“Do you like it, Jisoo?” a familiar voice spoke up. Jisoo turned around to see his master, Jeonghan, standing facing him with the biggest smile he’s ever saw. Jisoo teared up and hugged him.

“Master! I… I thought you-“ Jisoo’s words were cut off as Jeonghan silenced him with a soft kiss. He pulled away, leaving a shocked Jisoo.

“You thought I had work?” Jeonghan asked. Jisoo nodded. The older chuckled at him. “I do have work. I was working on my surprise for you.” He continued.

“You don’t know how happy I am to have you here, master.” Jisoo tightened his hug as his tail swished happily. Jeonghan places another kiss on the kitten’s forehead.

“I would be the worst master ever if I dare to leave my lovely kitten alone in such happy season.” Jisoo giggled at the older’s words. He kissed his master sweetly, Jeonghan gladly returned the kiss.

Jisoo wore the necklace he received and the two of them spend the whole Christmas Eve together. Just the two of them. They sat on the couch enjoying some entertainment with Christmas treats in their company. Jisoo leaned his head on Jeonghan’s shoulder and nuzzles.

“Master…” Jisoo called out as he looks up at Jeonghan.

“Yes, Jisoo?” Jeonghan answered. They locked their gazes. Jisoo pecks his master’s lips and giggled.

“I… I have to say something.” Jisoo turned his body so he’s fully facing the older. Jeonghan did the same.

“And that is?” Jeonghan asked.

“I… I really love you. More than a master.” Jisoo confessed as he looks away in embarrassement. Jeonghan chuckled.

“I love you too, more than a pet. And that’s why I gave you this necklace.” Jeonghan grinned. Jisoo literally just showed his brightest smile and gave Jeonghan another teddy bear hug. Jeonghan could hear a quiet sob from the younger’s mouth.

“Hey hey, don’t cry Jisoo.” Jeonghan said as he wipe away the younger’s tears.

“I’m just so happy that I finally get to say that after all these times, master.” Jisoo managed to say in between his sobs. “What makes me happier is you returned my feelings.” He continued. Jeonghan shushed him softly.

“I’m glad you feel that way. And please, don’t call me master anymore.” Jeonghan stated.

“But… What should I call you, master?” Jisoo tilted his head. Jeonghan smiled.

“Jeonghan is enough.” Jeonghan replied. Jisoo showed his brightest eye smile, the thing that Jeonghan loved the most of him.

“I love you, Jeonghan…” Jisoo said softly.

 

“I love you too, Jisoo.”