Chapter 7

Meant To Be

Kibum is in his least favorite class when he feels his phone vibrate with a message. He takes a quick peek to see it's a message from Jonghyun. He can't help the smile that comes to his face and tries to sneakily view the message without getting caught by the teacher but before can he hears his name called loudly from the front of the room with a stern warning against using phones in class. He apologizes, sighs and tucks the phone back into his bag. As soon as class ends he darts to the door to avoid being reprimanded by the teacher again. He reads the message “do you know how to dance?” He immediately calls Jonghyun to find out why he wants to know. Jonghyun answers right away not even saying hello but teases “you are just dying to know why aren't you?” Kibum responds excitedly “I love to dance, why?” Jonghyun laughs on the other end and explains that the kids are going to be going to their first boy-girl dance in a few weeks and they apparently don't think their father is a good dancer. Kibum can picture the cute pout that Jonghyun would usually make and responds that he's on his way.

 

When Kibum arrives to the house he can hear pop music blasting from the living room. He dances his way down the hall and makes his grand entrance busting out his best moves. Jonghyun has a surprised smile on his face as the kids shake their heads in embarrassment. Min Jae sighs, covers his eyes and exclaims “this is soooo embarassing, it's not that kind of dance!” Kibum stops dancing for a moment, responds that the dance sounds boring then and goes back to dancing. Jonghyun happily goes over to join him showing off his horribly dorky dance moves as well. The kids just watch in awe of the horribleness of how adults dance and they are extremely grateful when the song finally ends. Jonghyun and Kibum are a bit out of breath, but immediately ask for another song. Min Jae sternly says no way and explains that it's going to be mostly slow dances. Kibum responds that slow dances are super easy. He asks Min Jae to put on a slow song. Kibum goes up to Ji Min, bows politely and asks Ji Min if she would like to dance. She excitedly agrees, he takes her hands and leads her in how to do the four-step. After watching a little bit, Jonghyun grabs his son's hand and asks if he wants to dance. Min Jae groans out an annoyed “daaaaddd” but Jonghyun quickly cuts him off asking if he wants to learn or not and Min Jae sighs but nods his head. Kibum voices out instructions as he shows Ji Min how to dip and twirl. Everything he and Ji Min does he has Jonghyun and Min Jae copy. They successfully complete a couple slow dances and then Kibum tell Min Jae he should know how to properly cut in to a dancing couple. He tells him to politely bow, then ask to cut in and Kibum politely bows and steps back to let Min Jae and Ji Min dance together. He has a big smile on his face as the twins dance so cutely together, his thoughts are interrupted by Jonghyun walking over to him, bowing politely and asking him to dance. Jonghyun lets Kibum lead seeing as he is the better dancer of the two. Kibum feels his heart racing and suspects he's blushing like crazy as well. After the song ends, both pairs split apart and Min Jae points out that most kids don't dance like this either. Kibum asks him how they dance, the next song starts and Min Jae demonstrates with Ji Min a simple slow dance of just swaying back and forth. Kibum responds that anyone can do that, do what I showed you and every girl will want to dance with you. Min Jae smiles going back to doing the 4-step with both of them quietly counting their steps out and looking at their own feet often. Kibum returns to dancing with Jonghyun who now has stopped the 4-step, and moved in closer doing the simple slow dance Min Jae showed them. Jonghyun smiles at Kibum and says he kinda likes this dance as well.