Chapter 17

Meant To Be

After dinner, they piled into the car to go home. Jonghyun missed the turn off to drop Kibum at his apartment. When Kibum turned to Jonghyun to point it out, Jonghyun was already smirking at him asking if he really wanted to go home to his apartment on their engagement night. Kibum smiled back in agreement.

The next day after dinner Kibum remarked that he should probably go back to his apartment tonight. Jonghyun sighed but agreed, however they spent the next hour trying to find Jonghyun's car keys. After that hour, Jonghyun convinced Kibum to just stay another night, it is after all the day after their engagement day. They'll find the keys tomorrow.

The next morning, after the kids had left on the school bus Kibum continued to look for the keys and oddly enough found them almost immediately in a place Jonghyun said he had already looked. When Kibum dangled the keys in front of Jonghyun, he had quite the guilty look on his face. Kibum remarked that it seems like Jonghyun is trying to prevent him from leaving. Jonghyun scoffed at the comment, childishly retorting that he would never do such a thing. Kibum just smiled at his response, knowing better.

Since it was obvious that he was already caught, Jonghyun decided on whining next. After all, the kids' whining had always worked on him. He begged, he pleaded for Kibum to stay. Kibum just smiled back, the whining didn't work so well on him.

Jonghyun's next move was to pout, Jonghyun stuck his bottom lip out trying to make the saddest, most convincing pout. Kibum gave him a quick peck on the lips to make that pout go away quickly.

Jonghyun's next move was to take Kibum's left hand with his engagement ring on and interlocked their hands together so the engagement rings were next to each other. Jonghyun then commented that maybe he could have the rings fuzed together so they would never have to be separated. Kibum laughed and called Jonghyun a dork.

Jonghyun was out of ideas at this point. Kibum could tell Jonghyun was trying to come up with something, anything to get him to stay.

Kibum: “Jonghyun, is there something you want to ask me?”

Jonghyun: “No...”

Kibum “Are you suuuuure?”

Jonghyun: “Nooo...”

Kibum laughed, how could someone be as cute as this he asked himself.

Kibum “Do you want me to move in?”

Jonghyun smiled.

Jonghyun: “That's a great idea! Okay, I'll get some boxes and you hire the movers!”

Kibum laughed as Jonghyun ran to the hallway closet to see if he had any boxes.

Jonghyun shouted: “See if they can do it today!”

Kibum shouted back: “You're such a dork, why am I marrying you?”

Jonghyun ran back with a few boxes in hand, tossing them to the floor.

Jonghyun: “Because you love me!”

Jonghyun wrapped him arms around Kibum's waist, picking him and spinning around.

Kibum laughed.

Kibum: “Okay, okay. Let's just worry about the boxes for now so I can get my clothes. I'm gonna need a lot of closet space, I mean a lot. You might need to move you clothes somewhere else.”

Jonghyun smiled.

Jonghyun: “Whatever you want.”

Kibum: “Are the kids gonna be okay with me moving in you think?”

Jonghyun laughed.

Jonghyun: “You've met my kids haven't you? They've been bugging me for months already on when you were gonna move in.”

Kibum laughed.

Kibum: "Of course."

 

--- the end ---