Chapter 11

Meant To Be

Jonghyun arrives to the restaurant first, his date Eun Sa arrives second. They sit next to each other waiting for the second pair to arrive. Jonghyun takes to the opportunity to explain to her that the two coming are his friend Kibum and Kibum's date who is also a man. Eun Sa is surprised, Jonghyun apologizes that he didn't tell her beforehand and says that he hopes it doesn't make her uncomfortable. She responds that it doesn't, that it'll be a little unusual to be the only female tonight but that she was just happy to have the second date at all. She says to Jonghyun that he has a bit of a reputation. Before he can ask her about it, he sees Kibum in the corner of his eye and immediately turns his attention to him. She looks towards where Jonghyun is looking and thinks this must be Kibum and then she looks back to Jonghyun. She notices the huge smile on his face and almost a sparkle in his eyes. Then suddenly it's like the sparkle is gone, the smile is still there but it seems less vibrant. She looks back over to Kibum to see another man next time him now, this must be his date.

 

The date is unusual to say the least, Jonghyun and Kibum seem to talk and laugh endlessly leaving their dates out of the loop. Eun Sa and Hee Wook spend most of the night sitting there just enjoying the show, occasionally rolling their eyes at each other at how obvious their dates are being. After dinner the plan was to go out to a club next but Eun Sa asks Jonghyun to go for a walk by the river instead saying she doesn't really care for clubs. Jonghyun of course obliges and they link arms, both saying goodnight to Kibum and Hee Wook who continue on to the club.

 

Kibum gets a strong drink upon arriving to the club, anything to not think about Jonghyun going on a romantic walk with Eun Sa. He slams the drink quickly and then curses himself for pushing for the second date in the first place, asking himself why he would torture himself like that. Kibum doesn't wait long to have a second drink. Before long he's dancing and Hee Wook is getting a little too close again, but Kibum doesn't care this time and just continues to dance his cares away. Hee Wook drives Kibum home after leaving the club around 1am, he walks him to his door but this time comes into the apartment with Kibum. They are making out and slowly making their way towards Kibum's bedroom. At Kibum's bedroom door, he hesitates and pulls away from Hee Wook. Hee Wook leans in tries to kiss Kibum again but Kibum turns facing away from him. He asks Kibum what's wrong, Kibum takes a deep breath and responds that he doesn't think they should do this. Hee Wook asks him if it's because of Jonghyun. Kibum turns back to face Hee Wook with a questioning look in his eyes. Hee Wook laughs lightly and says that it couldn't be more obvious. He leans in to kiss Kibum again but before he reaches his lips he tells Kibum that he can call him Jonghyun if he wants, he doesn't mind. Kibum turns his head again, Hee Wook places rough kisses on his neck. Kibum asks him why he would say that, Hee Wook laughs and responds he'll do whatever to get him into bed. Kibum tells him to stop and pushes him away, he tells him to get out. Hee Wook just laughs and says fine, as he leaves he shouts back not to call him again if he's gonna be a tease. Kibum calls him a jerk as he slams the door behind him. Kibum groans and lays down on his bed, the effects of the alcohol wearing off.

 

At around 2:30am Kibum receives a text from Jonghyun asking if he's still awake. Kibum responds that he is and Jonghyun calls him. Jonghyun apologizes for texting and calling so late, but he couldn't sleep. Kibum says that it's ok, he hasn't gone to bed yet anyway also having a little trouble sleeping. They don't talk about their dates. Jonghyun asks Kibum what his plans are for this weekend and Kibum responds that he doesn't have any. Jonghyun tells Kibum that the kids are going to be gone all weekend on that field trip, they were so excited and have been practicing their dancing all week. He tells Kibum that they would have the whole weekend to do what ever they want to do. They could go dancing or out drinking or both, anything. Kibum groans a no to the dancing and drinking idea, Jonghyun laughs asking if he drank too much tonight. Kibum sighs and responds that he won't be drinking again for a while. Jonghyun offers to cook Kibum his favorite meal. Kibum agrees but insists that he'll buy the ingredients and Jonghyun has to show him how to make it. Jonghyun declines at first, saying it's a secret recipe. Kibum teases that he just remembered he has other plans then, Jonghyun laughs and agrees to Kibum's terms.