Meeting

As the flower blooms

"Oh my god too crowded!"

It's monday and the shop is back on business. Since it's monday, the shop is full of slumpy looking customers who are getting their daily dose of morning coffee to start the day. Jungkook has been running back and forth, trying to handle both the cashier and making the drinks while Seok Jin is making another batch of his famous red velvet cupcakes. Later on, the rush finally calmed down and they finally got a time for themself. Both of them are in the kitchen, sitting at the opposite of each other.

"Hyung, you should consider hiring a new employee. I only have 2 hands and 10 fingers! Maybe hire someone that has special super power who can push out extra hands out of it's body! OR OR maybe someone who has magic power like those guys in Harry Potter or something! OR MAYBE-"

"Or maybe we can hire a normal person who can do all the works?"

"Hmph you no fun!" Jungkook pouted.

"Honey, it's quite hard to find a worker who is capable of doing things nowadays. You need to be strong okay? I'll try as hard as I can to find someone new. You just need to be patient." Seok Jin assured as he ruffles the younger's hair. "Let get back to work, shall we?"

The cafe eventually filled up with customers again and they both went back to their assigned work. As time goes by, the sun slowly dissappears and the moonlight illuminate the dark night. It's already past 10 p.m. and both of them are now waiting outside of the cafe after they close it down. Namjoon eventually arrived and they went in the car.

"How's your work, Joonie?" Jin asked, kissing Namjoon on the cheek.

"It's alright I guess...how about you guys?" Namjoon raised his eyebrows.

"TOO MANY CUSTOMERS IM SO TIRED HALP" Jungkook cried at the back seat.

"He's just being over-dramatic. Anyways Jungkook suggested me on getting a new employee. What do you think?"

"New employee? Hmm I think you should! Our Jungkookie can't handle the work all alone or your mugs will end up in the trash. Again." Namjoon emphasized the word 'again'.

"HEY! That was a one time accident okay? How can I handle the hotness that guy is giving me that time..."

Namjoon and Jin shook their head. "I think you should really hire someone. Kookie is gonna enter university soon and he probably don't have any time to work anymore." Namjoon said.

"You're right but where do I find people to hire? Should I put a sign at the front door or something?" Jin asked.

"Maybe I can ask my friends if they want a job." Jungkook suggested.

"YAS that's a good idea, honey! I can pay them a decent amount of money if they are interested." Jin smiled.

"I didn't know you're that rich, hyung. Why didn't you tell me! I need a new album." Jungkook pouted. Arms crossing.

"Fine since you've worked hard enough, I'll treat you something."

"OHMYGOD I WANT 4 WALLS ALBUM FROM F(X)!!! THEIR SONGS ARE HELLA FREAKING BOP! LOVE IS FOUR WOO OOWO OOWO OOWOLLS!"

"Oh god make it stop..." Jin could only sigh at the younger's action.

"Honey, let him be. He's been working really hard for your shop. He deserves something." Namjoon assured Jin with a smile.

"You're right. He did worked really hard to the point our cash register were full at one time." Jin said proudly. Yes, Jungkook did worked really hard to not dissappoint his Jin-hyung and he actually succeed in that. He truly deserve something as a reward. "You can stop now Kookie. We'll be deaf in any seconds now." Jin shushed him.

"OOH AHH OOH A- oh. You're exaggerating hyung. Everyone knows my singing is the best!" 

"Whatever you say sweetie. We're here already." Jin said. The three of them unfasten their seatbelts and got off the car. After their late night supper, Jungkook went to his bedroom. Once he entered, he quickly fished out his phone and called someone who were in his mind at the time.

"Hello?"

"Jimin-hyung! It's me, Jungkook!"

"JUNGKOOKIE! OMG I miss you so freaking much! You didn't even text me these days you brat!"

Jungkook knew he gonna get this kind of reaction. What did he expect for Jimin anyways. He's full of energy even at this kind of time.

"Gosh hyung, we hung out literally a day ago. You're exaggerating. Anyways, I'm calling you because I have an offer for you and your friends. Wait, actually my hyung is the one who is offering."

"An offer? I'm listening..."

"So basically my hyung's coffee shop has been really busy lately and can't be handled by the both of us sooooo we're trying to find some new workers. I was about to call Taehyung but he's probably busy with his studies a lot more than you obviously so that's why I'm here talking to you. On the phone. Yoongi-hyung and Hoseok-hyung can join aswell."

"A-are you trying to say I don't have a life?! You sly little bastard! Fine, I'll talk with them about this. I would really love to work at the famous coffee shop. It has been my dream!"

"Sure hyung, sure. You accepted this offer because you don't have a clue what to do with your l-"

"I DO HAVE A LIFE SHUT UP" Just when he was shouting, a sudden voice at the back can be heard. "WHAT THE IS YOUR PROBLEM PARK JIMIN IM TRYING TO SLEEP HERE" It was Yoongi. Probably he got interrupted by Jimin's loud voice. An argument can be heard at the back.

"Jeez it's all your fault that I got scolded by a sleeping grandpa..."

"Heh whatev. Hit me up if you guys made your mind. Goodnight!"

"Alright night kookie!"

The call finally ended. Jungkook really really hopes that they will actually agree on working at the cafe. Finally he has some friends to work with instead of working alone. People will never know his struggle surviving the boredom while on duty. Jungkook decided to think about it later and drift off to dreamland.

 


"I wanna meet your parents."

"You WHAT?!" Jungkook was dumbfounded. He can't actually believe that Taehyung. Scratch that. KIM TAEHYUNG actually said that to him. Face to focking face. He's not ready for the sudden meeting but hell he can't deny it just like that right? Right now they're both standing in the middle of the park. The orange ray lighting up the place shows that it's almost sunset.

It's friday and the cafe was closed down for renovation purposes. Only God knows what the hell is Jin up to this time with his cafe. Back to the main story, earlier today, Jungkook was deeply focused on practising girls group choreography when his phone suddenly buzzed off and whatnot. He was slightly annoyed but answered it eagerly and instantly when he saw the contact name. It was Taehyung. Basically they both talked on the phone for like 9837287142891732 hours. Giggling and flirting like highschool students and . But then, at one point, Taehyung asked Jungkook if he'd like to go for a walk at the park nearby Jin's cafe. If you expected Jungkook to accept that, you're wrong. 'We need to play hard to get so people won't find us cheap' - Jeon Jungkook 2016. That's what Jungkook claimed. Well scratch that. Who in the WORLD would actually reject that?! Of course Jungkook will accept that. The invitation is coming from his crush we're talking.

That's basically how Jungkook and Taehyung ended up standing in the middle of the park. At this moment Jungkook didn't know what to do. His parents are not here. They're overseas doing something about their company. 'Or maybe he can meet Jin-hyung and Namjoon-hyung because basically they're my parents aswell' Jungkook thought. But is it a good idea? We all know how Jin and Namjoon will act infront of his future husband crush. Probably they will show him Jungkook's childhood pictures. It's not like Jungkook have any other choice anyways. After explaining to Taehyung about his parents, he agreed on coming to meet with the hyungs instead.

"Great! I'll come by for dinner tonight. I better get going then. See ya~"

Those are the last words Taehyung spoke. Right after Taehyung left the park, Jungkook quickly ran to his home to inform about tonight's dinner to Seok Jin and Namjoon. Of course Jungkook got a really loud response.

"Oh my our future son-in-law is coming for dinner! Quick I need to cook something!!" Seok Jin cheered as he make his way to the kitchen to do some motherly stuff. "Namjoon! Set up the table for me." Seok Jin shouted from the kitchen. "And Kookie, go and take a shower or something. You smell terrible." he continued. As expected, the mother will always freak out about this kind of stuff. Jungkook shook his head and heave a sigh. He can only hope the dinner will run smoothly. Shaking the thoughts off, he went to his room to get ready.

 


KNOCK KNOCK

"Oh he's here" Jungkook literally ran downstairs. He stopped right at the door. Fixing his hair and outfit for one last time before opening the door. Jungkook gasped in awe. The guy infront of him is marvelously stunning! Grey turtle neck with black long coat. Hair styled up. Eyeliner perfectly applied. Everything about him is perfect. Jungkook didn't realize he's been staring at him with mouth open this whole time. He quickly got out of his fantasy land and greeted him.

"Oh you're here! Come on in." Jungkook invited as he step aside to make a way for Taehyung. In an instance Taehyung went in followed by Jungkook who just closed the door.

"Look who's here! I assume you're Tea-hyung that Jungkook has been talking about these days?" Jin suddenly popped out with Namjoon beside him.

"Hyung! It's Taehyung. And pfft I didn't talk about him THAT often sheesh." Jungkook nervously laughed it off to avoid awkwardness.

"Yes, I'm Taehyung. It's nice to meet you, Sir." Taehyung bowed. Everyone was quite shock at Taehyung behaviour especially Jungkook. He didn't expect he would be THAT formal with the hyungs.

"Wow he's polite. He's like the exact opposite of Jungkook" Namjoon's mocking earned a deadly pinch by Jungkook.

Jin smiled. "I bet you're hungry hmm? Let's talk at the dinner table. I cooked alot just for you!" Jin invited as he lead the way to their desire place. Later on, they all got in their seats. The table is full of food cooked by none other than Seok Jin. There are mac and cheese, spaghetti bolognese, some salads with thousand island, and of course kimchi to keep the korean food tradition. Basically it's all western. Without waiting any longer, they all started to enjoy the food and beverage provided. It was an enjoyable dinner. They had a little get to know moment and some small chit chats. Cutlery clinking fills the room. It gives a cheerful yet calming mood. Somehow it feels like they're in a hotel. Namjoon tried to be the stern and furious-looking dad but failed when he found out Taehyung have the same interest of music with him. Jin could only smirked at his failed attempt. He saw it coming anyways.

"So Taehyung, what makes you wanna meet us so bad?" Namjoon started to question him.

"Actually I have a question for the both of you or rather a permission."

"Spill it out then." Namjoon said, eyes still glued at the food. Earning both of Jin and Jungkook's attention.

"I wanted to ask if I have the approval to be Jungkook's," he stopped mid way and looked at Jungkook with a smile plastered on his face. "-more-than-friend friend. Do I?" he continued. Namjoon literally spilled out the drinks he was drinking and started to chortle.

"What does that even mean?" Jungkook asked in confusion evident on his face.

Jungkook got even more confused when Namjoon and Jin giggling like crazy. "Of course you have our approval, sweetie!" Jin bubbled.

"B-but I don't get it..." Jungkook furrowed his brows.

"You'll get it soon, boy. Soon." Namjoon winked at him that only earns a wtf-face by Jeon Jungkook.

"Whatever. I'm going to the bathroom." Jungkook stood up and made his way to the bathroom. His clearly saying that he-dont-give-a- about what they were talking.

Silence deafening.

Namjoon cleared his throat. "So when are you gonna do the thing?" Namjoon asked. The three of them suddenly burst out laughing.

"Soon." Taehyung claimed with a smile. He already imagining things.

 


After some more chit-chats and , Taehyung finally decided to take a leave since it's already late and he don't want to be scolded by his parents. The four of them are now standing under door frame. Chatting for one last time.

"Thank you so much for the meal tonight. It was really really good! I'm hoping that I can taste it again." Taehyung bowed as he express his gratitude for the dinner they've prepared for him. It was a sudden event but nevertheless they did a great job preparing.

"No biggie! You can come by anytime you want AFTER the thing" Jin winked at him. They all laugh it off except for that one guy who is still lost.

"Can you guys stop with the inside joke...ugh I swear it's been grinding my gears." Jungkook huffed and crossed his arms. "I'm going to send Taehyung to the front of our house." Jungkook stormed out of the house. Clearly annoyed.

"He'll be alright don't worry." Jin assured.

"Alright then. Thank you again for the meal. See you again then!" The three of them bid their goodbyes as Taehyung ran to catch up with Jungkook at the front yard.

"Hey Jungkook, are you mad?" Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's shoulder to face him in the eye.

"Obviously not."

"Don't be sour like that. I'm sorry okay? You'll get it soon. I promise." Taehyung's smiled made Jungkook slightly calmed down.

Jungkook sigh. It's impossible to be mad at Taehyung. He's too precious! Jungkook could never be more grateful he got to know with him because he literally the tea of his life. Get it? Because tea calms people down. (I'm so lame omg)

"I better get going now. I'll see you again okay?" Jungkook's eyes widened when Taehyung initiated a hug. It was so sudden, it made Jungkook caught off guard. Jungkook didn't get to respond to the hug when Taehyung broke the hug. "Text me if you need anything. See you again, Kookie!" Taehyung bid his farewell as he walk to the direction of his home but later stop mid way and turned around to face Jungkook again. Hair blown away by the cold and chilly night wind. White cloud coming out of their nose and mouth everytime they exhale.

"One more thing." said Taehyung. Silence fills the air.

 

"What is it?"

 

The white icy flakes started to fell from the sky. Hitting every inch of their body. As if the angels are awake from their sleep.

 

"I'll miss you." Even if it is icy cold right now but those words warmed Jungkook up. Jungkook shyly smiled.

 

"I'll miss you too." 

 


There we go! A failed attempt on writing something romantic lol Happy Internet Friend Day guys! Even if we don't even know each other, YET, you guys are still my friends! Don't be shy and hit me up if you want to befriend me. I don't bite haha anyways I can't believe this story reached 60+ subscribers and I wanna thank every single of you who read and subscried to this ty story! Seriously it was so unexpected. And also I wanna apologise for keeping you guys waited so long for an update. I blame school! So please enjoy this chapter! xoxo <3