It's all about food

As the flower blooms

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Jungkook has been staring at the clock for ages. It's almost the end of his shift for today and
he can't wait any longer. He managed to convince Jin to let his shift end early. It was hella hard.
Arguing and bickering in the kitchen for like 1 hour. Jin could never win an argument with his little
boy so he just let the kid do whatever he wants.

It's finally 9:30 p.m. and Jungkook saw Taehyung packed his laptop and worksheets and headed outside.
Jungkook took of his apron with eager and hanged it onto the hooks behind the door leading to the changing
room. As he was about to exit the cafe,

"You better not do naughty things with that guy or else you'll be grounded", Jin said casually while
wiping the table.

"Wha- Hyunggg~ we just wanna have a chit-chat, that's all, and please, I'm too young to do those naughty things",
Jungkook replied as he went out of the cafe to meet the latter. The latter has been gawking at nothing while
waiting for Jungkook. Jungkook chuckles and went to greet him.

"How long have you been waiting?", Jungkook asked with a grin that made him slightly jumped.

"Oh Jungkook-shi. Didn't know you were here already", Taehyung said and let out an awkward laugh.

"So what do you wanna talk about?", Jungkook arched his brows and he ask him.

"Oh right. I heard there will be a food carnival tomorrow somewhere around here and since tomorrow is Saturday,
I would like you to join me on going there. Would you...?", Taehyung asked as he waits for the younger's answer.

Jungkook could never be so shocked in his life because this is the first time he got ask out by a guy and he could
never be more happy. Jungkook is literally partying inside right now. 'OF COURSE I WILL JOIN YOU'

"O-of course! That will be fun", Jungkook could not hide his bunny smile while agreeing to the older's invitation.

"Great! Now I need is your phone number so we can...uhm...you know...discuss and stuff..." Taehyung shyly asked.

'Awww his blushing!'

"Of course! I've always wanted your phone number anyw--", Jungkook accidentally blurted out. 'Well you brain'

"I-I mean yeah sure!", Jungkook stummered with a blush on his face.

Taehyung chuckle at the sight as he fished out his phone and gives it to him so he can type down his phone number.
Jungkook took the phone and type his number down. He then gives it back to Taehyung. The both of them stood infront
of the cafe and have a small chat. While they're busying chatting, someone has been taking pictures of both them from
the inside of the cafe. Jin could only giggle and send all the pictures to Namjoon with a caption that says, 'Honey! Look at
Kookie being shy with his crush kekeke'

Meanwhile, outside of the cafe,

"It's getting late now. I think I better get going now.", said Taehyung to Jungkook.

"Oh alright then. Please be safe on your way back, Taehyung-shi~"

"Drop the formalities. Just call me Taehyung or Tae. Whichever you prefer", suggested Taehyung with a smile.

"O-oh...I guess I'll see you tomorrow, T-Taehyung...?" Jungkook said hesitantly.

"There you go! Alright see you tomorrow, Jungkook." Taehyung bid goodbye to Jungkook and left the place.
Jungkook stood there and watch him leave with a grin.

"! I forgot to give back his handkerchief!!!" Jungkook raged.

"Excuse me Mr. Loverboy but Namjoon and I have been waiting for you for ages here", Jungkook snapped out of his fantasy land
as he averted his gaze to the source of the voice. There he saw Jin and Namjoon leaning on Namjoon's car trying to hold back
laughter.

"How long have you two been there?! and I swear if you two let a slip of laughter from your mouth, I'm gonna burn you guys alive"
Jungkook threatened with a glare.

"Don't be so sour Mr. Casanova and get in the car. It's already quarter past ten", Jin commanded as he gets on the passenger seat
while Namjoon is still trying to hold his laughter and gets in the car. Jungkook groaned and join them in the car not long after.

As they arrived, Jin prepared some food for them as a late night supper. That night, they discussed about how their days went,
had a little fight about who looks better with facial hair and of course they didn't miss out on teasing Jungkook with his fellings
towards that Taehyung guy. The night was filled with happiness and those things slowly faded as they wished each other good night
and drift off to dreamland.

 


*annoying iphone's notification sound starts to play*

"Who dafaq messaged me early in the morning ffs" Jungkook groaned as he picked his phone from the bedside table. He unlocked it
by swiping his fingers to the right. He then press the 'Message' application. 'Oh Taehyung sent me a message'

From: Taehyung<3
Heyyy Jungkook! I forgot where we'll meet up. I'll wait for you at the cafe you work at :)

The cafe is closed today because Namjoon and Jin has an important meeting with someone Jungkook is not familiar with.

"Holy what time is it?!"
He averted his gaze from the text to the clock at the upper corner of his phone's screen.

'10:13'

"Great I still got some time to prepare myself", he mumbled and went to the toilet to have a shower.

Several minutes later, he decided to wear his favorite sweatshirt along with skinny jeans after making a long decision.
He then went to the vanity to apply some makeup do his hair. He applied a decent amount of bb creams and drawed in not-so-much eyeliner.
Then, he applied some concealer on his lips as he apply tea-rose lip tint on it to create the famous gradient lips.

"Should I style my hair up or just do the usual hairstyle with bangs covering my forehead..."

"Let's do the usual. I'm too lazy to style it up anyways", he finally made his decision.
Now that he's done with all the makeover, he climbed downstairs and head outside after he wore his Timberland boots. He casually walk towards the cafe.
He feels all giddy up when picture himself spending time with Taehyung.

After some slight turns, he finally sees a guy waiting infront of the cafe. He quickly went to the guy's side.

"I'm sorry I'm late!", Jungkook apologised and bowed to him.

"It's fine, Jungkook. I just got here too", Taehyung clarified.

"Ah I see", Jungkook nodded.

"Shall we go now?", Taehyung suggested.

Jungkook just nod shyly. Taehyung chuckle at the sight as he lead the younger to the carnival.
They are now walking side by side but with a little gap. It was very awkward for the both of them but Taehyung managed to break the silence and
now they are chattering about general things such as carreer, family etc. They finally arrived and Jungkook's mouth could never be more wide.
Food trucks are everywhere in sight. This like heaven for Jungkook and probably Seok Jin.

"You will catch flies if you keep hanging your mouth open so wide like that," Taehyung teased with a laugh.

"O-oh sorry I can't control myself..." Jungkook blushed.

"Don't be!" Taehyung demurred. "Today we're just gonna try all the food we see and it's all on me" Taehyung suggested.

"Oh Taehyung, you don't have to do that! Your money shouldn't be wasted on someone like me..." Jungkook objected.

"Hey hey hey don't say things like that. Even if we just met like 1 day ago, I really can feel that you are worth everything to me. In the future and present.
Now come on! I'm hungry already." Taehyung smiled as he grabbed the younger's wrist and led him to one of the food trucks.

Jungkook is still shocked at the older's words. He never met someone who sincerely care about him even they barely know each other. Jungkook is slowly falling in love with they guy.

They arrived at one of the food trucks. It's a truck that serves Bibimbap.

"I'm literally hungry right now. Would you mind if we eat Bibimbap or is it too heavy for you?", Taehyung looked at Jungkook as he questioned him. 
Taehyung's hand is still grabbing to Jungkook's wrist.

"I-I dont't mind at all! In fact, I didn't even had my breakfast." Jungkook stuttered and blushed at the sight of Taehyung's never let go of his wrist.

"Great! Let's take a seat and order something." said Taehyung while unattached his hand from grabbing the younger's wrist as he took a seat at the empty table beside the food truck. The lost of the warmth provided by Taehyung's hold saddens him but what did he expect anyways. He shruged off the thought and quickly took a seat opposite of Taehyung as the both of them ordered their desired food. Several minutes later, their food arrives and they can never be more happy. As they enjoying their meals, they decided to get to know each other. Jungkook learnt that Taehyung is older than him and what shocked him is that the older is studying at the university that Jungkook had applied. Taehyung hoped that they will accept Jungkook as a student. Finally, they finished their meals and Jungkook was about to fish some money from his wallet but Taehyung literally ran to the counter to pay for both of their meals. Jungkook could only sigh. Taehyung is too kind to pay for his meals and that makes him feel so bad.

"Ready to go for some dessert?" Taehyung shrieked as he went to Jungkook's side.

"Taehyung, you kno-", Jungkook's word were cutted off.

"By today, you need to call me hyung", Taehyung demanded.

"But your name already have 'hyung' in it"

"Well....you got a point though," Taehyung admitted followed with a laugh.

Jungkook gladly joined the laugh. "See I told you I deserve to be in the same university as you." Jungkook chirped.

"Whatever you said Jungkook now let's have some dessert!" Taehyung shouted that only gains weird looks by people around them.

Jungkook is slightly embarrassed but he don't care about his surrounding that much. They eventually moved on to their next truck. They are walking side by side.
Their shoulders keep on brushing each other and that makes Taehyung quite frustrated so he just slings his left arm along Jungkook's shoulder as they walk along the path. Jungkook's hearbeat fasten. He literally could feel the older's breath on his skin. 'I really hope he won't notice how fast my heart is beating right now'
Laughter fills the surrounding as they keep on teasing each other and make some lame jokes. They're having a really fun time right now but they never realize it. Eventually, they decided to take a break and sit on a nearby bench. The bench exactly facing the west. By this, they got a full view of the sunset. As both of them staring at the view, Jungkook broke the silence.

"Hyung," Jungkook called and bring his gaze to the older. It's beautiful how the orange light gleamed onto Taehyung's face. More beautiful than the sunset itself.

"Yes, Jungkook?" Taehyung responded. Eyes still not leaving the view infront of them.

"Thank you so much for today. I've never had so much fun with someone I just met. It feels like we've known each other for a long time." Jungkook confessed.

"Aw, I'm really glad you enjoyed the day. I really wanna get closer to you and I really hope you won't leave me behind because you're a part of my life now."
Taehyung confided as he averted his gaze to look into Jungkook's eye. Jungkook blushed and quickly averted his gaze somewhere else. Jungkook was touched by the older's words. 'How I wish I can hug him'

"Now come on, Kookie. It's getting dark you don't want to be nagged by your mother." Taehyung snickered as he stood up walked away.

Jungkook quickly followed behind. "Kookie? You're giving me names now huh. Let me call you Tae then?" Jungkook badgered him and poke him in the ribs.

Taehyung chuckles. "Whatever you say, kiddo." said Taehyung as he ruffles the younger's hair.

 


They finally outside Jungkook's house.

"Thank you again, hyung for all the things you did today," Jungkook bowed to him as a gratitude. "I'll make sure to treat you lunch next time." Jungkook continued.

"I'll be expecting that soon then." Taehyung smiled. "I guess I'll see you on another day, hm?"

"Oh wait I almost forgot something!" Jungkook suddenly shout as he fish something out of his pocket. It was Taehyung's handkerchief.

"Here," Jungkook handed him the handkerchief. "I forgot to give you back the other day and don't worry I already cleaned it"

Taehyung smiled amusely as he take the handkerchief and smells it.

"Wow you're not lying. It's squeaky clean." Taehyung complimented. "I guess I'll see you on another day, hm?"

"Alright then, goodnight Tae!"

"Night, Kookie!" Taehyung said and headed back to his home.

"I love you, Tae" Jungkook whispered as he look at the figure heading back home.

"I love you too, Kookie" a high-pitch voice suddenly heard.

Jungkook literally jumped as he turn his back to find Namjoon and Jin under the door frame and holding back their laughter. They could not hold it any longer and laugh their off on the spot. That action only earns a glare from Jungkook.

"Goddamnit I swear you two are going to suffocate in your sleep tonight." Jungkook bellowed as he stormed off into the house and went to his bedroom. He's still can hear them laugh. He just groaned and hid his face into his favorite pillow.

Nevertheless, he still feel so happy that he gets to spend the whole day with his crush and he hopes they will spend more time together in the near future.

 


Ah, I reached 10+ subscribers! Even if it's not as much as the other thousands stories out there but it is still an achievement for me. Thank you so much for subscribing to this ty story! Please enjoy this chapter :)