The Arrange Marriage

The Arrange Marriage

Chapter 7 

 

Tai Yan’s eyes became waterly as soon as she read the letter that Jun Xiu sent to her, much to Xiu Ying’s amusement. 

 

Dearest Tai Yan Gongzhu, 

 

I was informed that you attempted suicidal as a result of our engagement. I’m sorry for everything and I’m begging you not to do it again, as I’m sure we can work out something as soon as we meet. Think about it? Perhaps marriage isn't as bad as we think it might be. To be honest with you, I was upset myself with the arrangement but let’s not do anything that concerns our life as any life is better than one death. Please my dear, reconsidered? I promise we will work out something from this pact. 

 

Your betrothed, 

 

Jun Xiu 

 

“He wants to break off the engagement?!” She questioned furiously, while looking at Tai Yan who shook her head gently, yet weakly. Xiu Yan and Zai Zhong were having a little chitchat outside, much to Tai Yan’s relief. 

 

“No, he’s not breaking up with me.” She smiled. 

 

“Then?” 

 

“He said sorry for almost causing my death and he wants me not to attempt suicidal again, as everything will be worked out fine.” Tai Yan smiled. 

 

“Huh? He’s that good?” Xiu Ying said, looking at her sister, somehow amused at the way her cheeks are glowing. 

 

Tai Yan looked down at the paper again, and smiled dreamily, causing Xiu Ying to roll her eyes playfully. She grabbed the paper and made an attempt to read it, much to Tai Yan’s dismay. 

 

“Hey.” 

 

“Ok ok, you may have your love letter back. I’m not interested in it anyway.” Xiu Ying pouted while Tai Yan sighed in relief. 

 

“I think you are in love.” She teased, causing Tai Yan to blush at her sister’s statement. 

 

“Xiu Ying, don’t blabber rubbish. Now, get out of this room and call San Ah Ge inside. I need to talk to him.” Tai Yan said, as her sister rushed to fetch Zai Zhong. Tai Yan, on the other hand, smiled to herself and went to her studying table and wrote something on a piece of paper. As soon as she was done, she reread them in satisfaction. Her small, oval-shaped face kept blushing, making her look even more beautiful than before. Tai Yan didn’t realized that her letter of reply would change her life forever. 

 

The sun rose beautifully in the Eastern sky, illuminating the horizon as well as the crystal clear water that’s filling the lake, indicating yet another start of a beautiful day and wonderful things that’s going to fill the day. Mei Ying and Yun Hao were cuddling in their sleep. They did nothing but sleep together, of course. Mei Ying’s oval-shaped face was buried in Yun Hao’s broad shoulder while his arms secured her slender waist protectively. Both of them weren't aware of what they were doing, of course. Since it was a very cold morning, Zhu Xian decided to woke up. She opened the carriage door and stretch herself happily as she looked around for her sister. Her nose turned extremely red as soon as she saw her sister sleeping with a guy and screamed out loud in horror, her eyes almost popping out of her eye socket. 

 

“Tien Ah!” She screamed again, causing the two sleepyheads to flick their eyes open. Yun Hao was the first one to notice the screaming girl who’s turning blue out of shock by now. 

 

“Zhu Xian? What’s wrong?” He asked, trying to wake up as Mei Ying stirred in her sleep drowsily and almost angrily, “Who dare to disrupt my sleep?” She asked, mumbling and then sprang her eyes opened as soon as she felt something funny hugging around her waist. Her face burnt as soon as saw Yun Hao’s arms around her waist. He looked at her questioningly and blushed as well. He released them as soon as possible and mumbled something incoherently. Mei Ying's heart was beating eight times faster by now. 

 

“Sorry. I thought you were my bolster.” He smiled. 

 

“Argh!” Zhu Xian resumed her yelling again, as soon as she was done inhaling some more oxygen into her lungs, much to Yun Hao’s amusements. 

 

“Zhu Xian, what’s wrong?” He asked. Zhu Xian was about to question Yun Hao on what he and her sister did but then again, she realized that he did nothing wrong. The look on his face didn’t show that he did anything wrong to her sister. She faked a smile and glare at her sister who’s having cheeks that’s as red as a watermelon by now. 

 

“Oh, nothing. I mean, there’s a bug in my, um...” 

 

“Huh?” Yun Hao mumbled, and stood up. 

 

“There’s a bug in my bread.” She said helplessly, and looked at her sister meaningfully. 

 

“Oh, you don’t have to yell so loud. I thought you were in trouble or something.” Yun Hao said drowsily, and smiled at Zhu Xian. 

 

“You are so careless.” Zhu Xian said, while Mei Ying looked down at the ground, feeling a little guilty. She knew that what she did was wrong. 

 

“Jie Jie. Do you hear me?” Zhu Xian asked helplessly. 

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Mei Ying pouted. 

 

“Why didn’t you sleep inside with me?” Zhu Xian asked, while Mei Ying sighed unhappily. 

 

“Ask him. He’s the one who said, 'Mei Lin. You can’t sleep with a girl. What will people say? She’s your sister or some sort, I can’t let you ruin your name and your sisters', and he’s the one who pulled me to sleep beside him before I can do anything. You can’t blame anything on me.” Mei Ying said, somehow annoyed and looked at Zhu Xian, blushing secretly at the thought of how comfortable his arms felt around her waist. 

 

“And he’s the one who ended up sleeping with a girl.” Zhu Xian giggled, much to Mei Ying's disappointment. 

 

“Don’t remind me about it.” She sighed while Zhu Xian laughed, starting to see the funny sight of the situation. 

 

“How ironic. He ended up sleeping with a girl.” She laughed again, as Yun Hao scared both of them from behind, “Hey, what are you guys talking about? It looks interesting.” Yun Hao smiled charmingly at them, melting Mei Ying’s heart and soul. 

 

“Oh, nothing.” Zhu Xian said, covering things up. 

 

“Really? Oh, by the way, Mei Lin, are you sick?” 

 

“No. Why?” 

 

“Your cheeks. They are so red.” Yun Hao pointed out, as Zhu Xian tried as hard as she could not to bursts into laughter. 

 

“I’m going to take a bath!” She announced, and rushed into the carriage before Mei Ying could stop her from leaving her alone with Yun Hao. She was somehow embarrassed to face him, much to his amusement. 

 

“And Yun Hao Ge! Do not peek!” Zhu Xian called out, as he chuckled at her requests. 

 

“I won’t peek on a little sister! I will peek on a maiden!” He yelled, much to Mei Ying's embarrassment. She felt really weird with the statement that he uttered.