The Arrange Marriage

The Arrange Marriage

Chapter 18 

 

“She will be fine.” Jun Xiu said, wrapping his arms around Tai Yan gently, trying to get rid of the coldness that’s invading her s-line body. 

 

“I just don’t get it. She’s not...” 

 

“What?” 

 

“She never fell unconscious before. I mean, she never fell unconscious after using her Wu Gong before so this is weird and it’s not liked her at all.” Xiu Yan said, as she looked at Zai Zhong intently. Zai Zhong just smiled at her and pulled her hand into his silently, giving her a meaningful stare, causing her to blushed. 

 

“Maybe she’s just tired.” Jun Xiu said, looking up at Zai Zhong and Xiu Yan as he held onto Tai Yan’s hand while she slept serenely. 

 

“Maybe.” Xiu Yan said, and looked down at her cousin and her worried looking betrothed. 

 

“Jun Xiu, she will be fine so don’t worry, really. Maybe she’s just tired. Why don’t you leave her to me?” 

 

“I’m not leaving her. She’s my betrothed and it’s my responsibility to take care of her when she’s sick.” Jun Xiu said softly. 

 

“But...” 

 

“You can leave if you want but don’t asked me to leave until she’s awake and until I’m sure she’s fine.” Jun Xiu said worriedly. 

 

“But it’s improper for you to...” 

 

“I will take responsibility.” He said, and looked up at Zai Zhong and Xiu Yan who was sighing by now. 

 

“I owe her.” Xiu Yan said. 

 

“I owe her, too. She stood up for me back then and if anything happens to her, I will totally be devastated.” Jun Xiu said sadly. 

 

“Nothing will happened to her. She’s always a strong girl and she won’t stopped being one now.” 

 

“I know, that's why I have faith in her.” Jun Xiu smiled, looking down at the sleeping Gongzhu whom he had started to loved with all of his heart. 

 

“You really loved her, don't you?" Zai Zhong asked, causing Jun Xiu to blushed. 

 

"With all of my heart." He whispered. 

 

"And I'm going to tell her that when she wakes up." 

 

With Mei Ying and Yun Hao

 

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” Yun Hao blushed as he took off another layer of his clothing and went into the cold lake, looking at the trembling Mei Ying. 

 

“Argh! I changed my mind!” She said, blushing miserably. 

 

“Now what?” Yun Hao sighed, trembling as he proceeded to approached Mei Ying slowly. Oh god, blessed the cold water. 

 

“You...You...Don’t come here.” 

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t take advantage of you.” He smiled. Pondering for a while, she gave up and nodded. 

 

“You better not or else.” She said, warning him almost sternly, causing him to laughed slightly and took the wet clothing that he threw into the lake. 

 

“Or else what? You will send me to be executed?” He laughed. 

 

“Shi. How do you know?” She asked carelessly. 

 

“You always say that.” He smiled, wrapping his clothing around her properly as she shuddered violently in his arm. 

 

Yun Hao picked her up bridal style and brought her to the grass. Even though she was slightly pale now, that didn’t make him ceases to marvel at her true beauty. She’s even more gorgeous and revealing to him without any touches of artificial makeup on. Staring at her, Yun Hao was starting to wondered who Mei Ying really is since not all commoners in China are as gorgeous as her. Mei Ying closed her eyes and sighed, feeling the warmth from his body being transferred from the depth of his soul to her. She somehow enjoyed the warmth from his body and wished she would be able to feel it forever as it fitted her and comforted her perfectly. 

 

Yun Hao smiled to himself as he witnessed her satisfactory and continued to looked at her intently without her realization and finally, he noticed that she doesn’t looked liked a Han Chinese or a Manchurian at all. Without any makeup that put her beauty into optical illusions that are so deceiving, she looked liked a mysterious foreigned beauty. He scolded himself quietly for not noticing her true self and promised himself to find out who she really is. By now, Mei Ying was already asleep in his comfortable arms which it caused Yun Hao to chuckled slightly at her until... 

 

“Argh!” A loud yelling came out of nowhere. That particular loud yelling caused Mei Ying to wake up from her sleep and blushed miserably since she knows that mortified yelling anywhere. It was the yelling of Zhu Xian. Yun Hao turned blue at the sight of the little girl who looked as if she had just seen a ghost. 

 

“What in the name of heaven are you people doing?” She questioned, looking down at her sister in a very weird, yet shocked glared. 

 

Yun Hao’s clothing that was wrapped around Mei Ying was now liked a second skin which aroused Zhu Xian’s suspicions even more. She continued to looked down at them bewilderedly and closed her eyes for a moment. Despite Yun Hao's and Mei Ying's wetness that was caused by the cold water, their faces were miserably flushed. 

 

“I didn’t see anything.” She mumbled to herself, while Yun Hao placed Mei Ying down on the floor immediately, not wanting Zhu Xian to jumped to conclusions about him and her sister. 

 

“I didn’t see anything. Lao Tien Ye. Please tell me I’m still dreaming?” She said in a rather comical way. Zhu Xian then opened her eyes, hoping that she’s still dreaming but all she can see when she opened her eyes again, was her sister and Yun Hao who was blushing liked a big fat ripe tomato. 

 

“It’s true.” Mei Ying mumbled bravely, and somehow, she knows that this little sister of hers isn't going to keep quiet about it. Thank god they are not in the Mongolian palace anymore or the entire population of the Mongolian palace will be shocked with the news of a Gongzhu and an unknown guy. 

 

“Oh, my god. Mei Ying Da...” Zhu Xian said, almost saying the word ‘Gongzhu’ but she stopped herself from saying so immediately as she realized how critical the situation would be if she said the word. 

 

“Jie Jie.” Yun Hao continued, for Zhu Xian who nodded. 

 

“Mei Ying Jie Jie. What happened? How did he...What happened?” Zhu Xian asked incoherently, as she helped her sister to sit in front of the campfire carefully. The element somehow made everything comfortable but awkward, “Ok, I’m ready. Whatever it is, just tell me.” She said, looking down at Mei Ying and Yun Hao bewilderedly, studying their flushed face and yelled out immediately. 

 

“Oh, heck! Don’t tell me both of you...I mean...liked a married couple?” She asked, causing Mei Ying to spit out her tea accidentally. 

 

“Hey, we didn't do anything as such.” She said, and sighed, glancing at Yun Hao bewilderedly. 

 

“Tien Ah.” Yun Hao mumbled, looking up at Zhu Xian, feeling slightly guilty. 

 

Mei Ying sneezed and excused herself into the carriage to changed. 

 

“Alright. Yun Hao Ge, you owe me an explanation. What did you do to my Jie Jie?” She asked, glaring down at him funnily.