The Rival ,

The Last Song

In class 12A, everyone is doing their things. Some chatted, some did their revising and some even sleep. Soon, someone knocked on the class door and called Jo Kwangmin. As both of them were talking, the other class members looked with silence. Then, that someone left the class. Jo Kwangmin had the mysterious look on his face. He sat down on the teacher's sit and frowned. 

"Kwangmin, what's up?" Hyosung asked the class captain.

Kwangmin shooked his head. 

"Yahh, Kwangmin? Why so serious? Just tell us now !" Kevin Woo and the others were complaining. 

"Guys. It's like this. Mr. Lee. He... He... He's gone." Kwangmin said with a dull face. Everyone shocked. Sungyeol quickly wakes Sung Kyu up. 

"Man, wake up already ! Kwangmin said Mr.Lee is GONE!" Sung Kyu lift his head and asked again, "What did you say?"

"Aishh. Kwangmin, he said Mr. Lee is GONE ! You know? GONE!" Sungyeol exclaimed. 

Sung Kyu's small eyes widened in disbelief. He automatically stood up. The class was in fuss. 

"Yahh. Kwangmin, is this REAL? I just met him yesterday at the hallway. He's fine !" Sung Kyu exclaimed. Others agreed.

"Now everyone. Will you please shut up? I will explain this!" Kwangmin yelled. Again, everyone was shocked and quiet.

The situation went on for a while. 

"Look. Mr.Lee is really gone. Gone to Australia for a seminar. Okay?" Kwangmin explained. Quiet. Then, a paper was thrown on Kwangmin's face. 

"Gotcha, guys ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Kwangmin laughed. Soon, more paper balls are thrown to the front ! 

"So, this means, Mr.Lee's slot is empty?" Hyosung asked Kwangmin. He nodded. Then, everyone yeays. Sung Kyu sat down on his chair.

"This guy, he's good on pranking people too. Hahaha. Can't believe i fell for it. Sung Kyu, do you want to continue sleeping?" Sungyeol looked at Sung Kyu. Sung Kyu shooked his head. 

"Sungyeol. Let's go to the library. I need to borrow some books." Without waiting for Sungyeol's answer, he stood and walked. 

"Ahh, Soohyun. Catch ya' later dude. Yahh. Sung Kyu. Wait!" Sungyeol says goodbye to his deskmate, Soohyun and paced up Sung Kyu.

 

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

At the library,

"Sung Kyu, i thought, you came here to borrow books and we'll go back to the class. And now, you're sitting here, reading books?" Sungyeol whispered. There were only 11th grader in the library and a few 12th grader. 

"Well, i just wanted to escape from the class. It's too noisy. I can't even sleep well just now. Why? Bored already?" Sung Kyu asked. He can see the look of boredom in Sungyeol's face. Sungyeol nodded. "If you're bored...." "Then, go to sleep. I know that. Now i'm going to take a nap. The air-conditioning and the quiet environment of this library makes me sleepy. If you need anything, get it yourself. Don't wake me. Unless you're going home. Okay?" Sungyeol put his head on the table and dozed off quickly. Sung Kyu continues he's reading. Soon, he finished the book and stood up to put the book back at the shelf. 

As he was choosing another book, someone patted his shoulder. He startled and looked to his left. 'Lee Jeongmin.' he thought to himself. 

"Sung Kyu. It's been a long time, right? How you've been doing?" Jeongmin asked. He leaned on the shelf and pretended to read the book he was holding.

"You see me. Do I look like a sick people?" Sung Kyu asked coldly. He kept on searching for books. Jeongmin glanced at Sung Kyu. He closed his books. 

"Sung Kyu. Listen. For the next examination, you're going down. I'll make sure, you'll be behind me. You got that?" Jeongmin warned.

Sung Kyu turned his body and faced Jeongmin. "You can have it. Besides, i'm bored of being first. I want to know how does it feel to be on second place." he grabbed his book and leave Jeongmin, pissed with his word. Jeongmin grasps his hand, in a state of exasperation and walked away. At his table, there were other 3 other guys who were playing cards. It's the Boyfriend members. They were laughing loudly and yet, no one scolded them. The reason is, all of them are the Kings of Chunhwa High and have great influence. So, no one ever dare even to place a hand on the handsome boys. 

Jeongmin punched the table. Youngmin, Hyunseung and Donghyun were shocked. "Dude, what's up?" Donghyun asked. He can see the anger in Jeongmin's face.

"I'm pissed. That Sung Kyu guy is so gonna get this." Jeongmin replied. He was still grasping his hand. 

"Oh. That guy. Relax dude. Now, let us play some game." Hyunseong's hand shuffled the card. Jeongmin just looked and stood. He grabbed his book and walked away. "Yahhh, don't you wanna play?" Youngmin yelled. Although it's forbidden to even talk in a library, no one was brave to scold him for his action.

"Eyyy, you saw his face right? He don't. Now, let's continue." Hyunseong answered on behalf of Jeongmin.

"Hey. What do you think Jeongmin is going to do about Sung Kyu?" Youngmin asked.

"Hmm. I don't know. But, we better keep ourselves out of this matter. Because we always asked for Sung Kyu's help. If we in, I'm afraid he won't do our homework anymore." Donghyun answered. The other 2 guys nodded. "Now, let's play!" Hyunseong than divides the card to each other. 

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

While Sung Kyu was reading, his cellphone vibrates. He took out his cellphone. It was from his hyung. He looked at Sungyeol. The guy slept soundly. Sung Kyu answered the call. He talked with his hyung in a low voice.

Hyung : Yobseyo. Sung Kyu?

Sung Kyu : Yes, hyung. What's up?

Hyung : I just want to tell you that i finally got my part time work.

Sung Kyu : Really hyung? Ahh. I'm so happy for you. Where? 

Hyung : At J-Young Restaurant and Cafe. As a server. Night shift. The payment is more than worth, you know?

Sung Kyu : *whispered* J-Young? That's the Jo's family restaurant.

Hyung : What did you say? 

Sung Kyu : Ahh. Nothing hyung. So, if we both work at night, who will take care of the house?

Hyung : That's what i was thinking. Hmm. How about you came home early today, we'll talk about this, okay? You don't have any homeworks, right?

Sung Kyu : Hmm. Well, i do have a few but, that's okay. I'll take them home. If i have the chance to do it before i go to work. i'll do it. But if not, i'll guess i have to stay up.

Hyung : Alright. I see you at home, okay? Do you want to walk or should i pick you up?

Sung Kyu : Hmm. I got another 10 mins before school ends.

Hyung : My shift ends at 4.

Sung Kyu : *looks at his watch. 3.30.* It's okay hyung. I'll walk. Hyung, i have to hang up. Do take care. I'll see you at home.

Hyung : Alright. Sorry to disturb you. Bye.

Sung Kyu hangs up. He looked at Sungyeol. "Sungyeol, wake up. Let's go back to our class. We have 10 minutes left." Sungyeol wakes up and rubs his face. "Wait at the door. I want to borrow this book." Sung Kyu and Sungyeol both stood up and splits. Sung Kyu went to the counter to borrow the book while Sungyeol walked towards the front door. "Part-time? Work? Night? What's going on with Sung Kyu and Youngwoo hyung?" Sungyeol murmured to himself while waiting for his friend. "Something's smells fishy. I have to investigate." Then, someone holds Sungyeol's shoulder. He's shocked. 

"Yahh. It's you. Fuhh. Let's go." Sungyeol rubs his chest and walked with Sung Kyu. 

"Sungyeol, sorry but today, i couldn't stay. I've got some important things to do. Tell Eun-hwa i'm sorry. Okay dude?" Sung Kyu told him. Sungyeol nodded. When they reach the class, Sung Kyu went to his desk and packed his homework. Soon, the bell rings, signing that the session has ended. Sung Kyu grabbed his bag and said "I'll be going. Sorry, okay? See you tommorrow!" Sungyeol's eyes followed Sung Kyu's pace as he slowly dissapears from his sight.

Just then, Eun-hwa came into the class. "Yahh. Sungyeol, what's up with Sung Kyu? I thought he promised to stay today." Eun-hwa asked. Sungyeol shrugged his shoulder. "Sung Kyu, you've got secrets and you didn't tell me? Your bestfriend? Hmm. I'm gonna get down to this." Sungyeol said to himself. 

"What did you say Sungyeol?" Eun-hwa asked.

"Ahh. It's nothing. Let's start. Okay? You have to teach me Chemistry today." Sungyeol smiled and took a sit beside Eun-hwa. Eun-hwa shrugged and took out his book. They both start their self study session.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Ohh :O Sungyeol smells something weird already. Will he be able to found out what's going on? But it's too early! Well, we'll see what happens in the next chapter !

Cameo : Kevin Woo from Ukiss and Soohyun from Ukiss ^^

Note : Hyosung is a character. She's in the queen group of Chunhwa High, the SECRET. They'll appear gradually (:

Thanks for reading guys ! Comment and subscribe (: