Chapter 9

The Affairs of an Heiress

The drive to the office was silent with Hina and I looking down at our phones reading all the articles we could find, looking at pictures, and watching videos. Even the media in the states got ahold of the articles. We felt the car pull to a stop and got out. A few people looked at us while others tried to avoid eye contact.

"Your father is waiting for you two in the main office." The receptionist bowed.
"Thank you." I said while Hina and I made our way into the elevator.

As we neared the office we saw my father sitting in the middle chair overlooking the table with the TV's remote held in his hand as he waited. Mr. Christensen and Hayden sat across from each other as well. I felt a weight on my shoulders entering the office.

"Take a seat you two." My father said not looking at us, his eyes plastered to the glass table. Hina and I sat close to each other a seat away from Hayden.

"Would anyone like to explain to me what happened last night after dinner?" My father spoke up looking at the three of us. I looked around and saw Hayden rubbing his bruised jaw and Hina looking around puffing her cheeks.

"Well since you're looking around why don't you explain to me what happened, Rikki." My father’s voice disgruntled.
"We took Hayden around like you asked." I said.
"Is this what you call a tour?!" He yelled knowing I said a lie, as he clicked the tv on and the article showed on the screen. All three of us looked up at it quietly as he began to read each article he scrolled through.

"TOPSTARNEWS: 'With graduation ticking down seems as though these popular teens are finding love.’ During one of the most hippest parties in the Gangnam region these group of high school seniors got together to party hard. To the point where they knocked out in the backseat of a car (see picture of Bang Minsoo future CEO of Korea's prestigious hotels and Park Rikki also future CEO of 'Adonis' malls.) Or to being so drunk your friends have to take you home (Hayden Christensen a future CEO sophomore in college being carried by Rikki, Hina her sister, and Gongchan Korea's top star model.) Check out some videos our men caught at 3:00 in the morning of Korea's newest love birds Minsoo and Rikki and also Hayden's stumbling antics at the 'Hales Arc Resort and Hotel.'"

My father looked at us and clicked on another article playing the video. I looked down noticing it was the video of Cap and I saying goodbye to each other wrapped in each other's arms. The next video was Hayden being carried out of Gongchan's car and into the hotel, stumbling over the stairs.

"Oh and one more that would just be the cherry on top for this whole situation." My father clicked onto another video of a TMZ video.

"Seems like the Coachella and EDC bad boy has found a girl who can probably hold him down?" One of the men joked around and laughed. "So apparently they're graduating in a few weeks and are going to start filling in for their future companies, I mean if you want the companies to turn into a MMA fighting ring.” Another one of the reporters cracked a joke in the video, “Get it because of that dude that fought at Coachella."

 

My father turned off the tv and set the remote down rather harshly. He leaned back and set his hands on the armrests staring us down, "Mr. Christensen would you like to ask them anything?"
"I don't think it's my place to say anything to your children. But I want to know how my son got a bruise on his jaw?" He looked at Hina and I.

My eyes lowered and side eyed Hina and saw her staring right back at me.
"I fell down tripping over the stairs and my jaw landed onto the railing." Hayden said rubbing his yellow and purple bruise.
"Is this true?" My father looked at us.
"Yeah that's when we were helping him walk." Hina said nodding.
"I trusted you two and you brought Hayden to a party filled with your friends?” His voice dark and harsh, “Just so you could get out of showing him around your own home country." My father shook his head, "I'm really upset and disappointed at you two. Not only this but you made the tabloids in your new profound love life with Cap." He looked at me, "After all these times I've told you that you shouldn't be caught around him cause his reputation.” He continued shaking his head, “This whole scandal will ruin us.”
"Us." I scoffed saying the word and smiling in disbelief, “Wow."
"Excuse me?" His voice turned even darker, "Is there something you have to say?"
"Us this and us that. Cap and I don't involve us- it involves him and I.” I said finally showing a little bit of my real feelings. “If you can't accept the fact that him and I are together then you best get used to it."

My father's face turned red with rage and he held his tongue taking another breath before saying anything else. He raised his finger to me, "You are seriously walking on a thin line Rikki.” He looked at me directly into my eyes, “I'm telling you now when it becomes too much in my eyes, I already have a plan B set for you.”

I looked at him with a small frown and looked at him with stern eyes also, challenging his authority.

“Let me tell you, you won't have a say in it in any type of way." His eyes showing anger and his teeth seethed threats, "If I have to enforce it soon I will."
"Dad you can't just break them up." Hina looked at him with a disgusted frown, "You don't even know him except for what you want to believe and from the media."
"Oh and are you friends with him as well? I would've expected you to find better friends Hina." My father held his hand up to her before she could say anything else, "I will break them up if I have to.”

The office became quiet and I could feel my heart racing with anger.

“I'm not letting you turn this company into a laughing stock of the country or give it a bad rep. Neither will I let you or this family get pulled down with his bad antics. That's final." My father’s words like knives cutting into the thick air.
"Is that a threat?" My words seethed with anger and disgust while my eyes looked straight into his declaring a challenge.
His eyes looked back at mine surprised that I would ever try a stunt like this, “Excuse me?”
"You heard me." I spat.
"It's not a threat, it's a fact." He said trying to get the upperhand in the argument, so he could put me back into my place.
"You can try scare me." I said laughing half heartedly getting up and walking out the door leaving the room with another awkward silence.

 

My father scoffed in disbelief and adjusted his tie turning to Mr. Christensen, "I'm sorry for the rude behaviors my daughters have been showing you lately.” A small smile was forced upon our father’s face, “My wife says it's a teenage rebellion phase and I hope that you will forgive both of them."
"It's okay.” Mr. Christensen didn’t want to continue on with the conversation.
"Wow dad. Seriously?" Hina got up shoving her chair back roughly causing Mr. Christensen to jump a little, shaking her head at father she left the office. She couldn’t believe that this whole thing would be our fault and our father would ever try to blame it on us.

 

Mr. Christensen nodded his head, "Teenagers will be teenagers. I can't really say the exact same thing for my son." He said looking at Hayden, his hands resting on his stomach as he looked down.
"Please Mr. Park don't give Rikki and Hina such a hard time." Hayden spoke up, "I really enjoyed myself last night and found some new friends.” He brought his eyes up to look at the surprised Mr. Park. “I wasn't shown around Korea but I did have a wonderful time at the party." Hayden stood up placing his palms on the table and bowing his head, "Please excuse me." He walked out as well leaving the two businessmen inside the office to contemplate the situation.

"Rikki and Hina wait up!" Hayden called across from the lobby running after us. Hayden ran up to us and fixed his suit while looking at the two of us who avoided all eye contact. "Please don't tell me you two are mad at me?” He asked trying to meet my eyes, “I swear I didn't tell my father anything. We were only called in to the office without knowing what happened." Hayden looked at us and opened the door to the outside as we continued walking, he dropped his head and shook it before walking after Hina and I again.

I felt my blood boil not wanting to talk about it and if he said anything else about this situation I would explode. That's not what I wanted in front of my workers but if it came down to it then it's going to happen.

"Guys cmon, you gotta believe me here." Hayden softly grabbed my wrist.

I shoved him off causing him to step back a little, "You know I'm not mad at you. I'm just mad at how my father tries to compare everything that I have to something that he thinks is better." My voice grew louder as our car pulled up, "I don't expect you to understand the pressure that gets put onto you for not doing what everyone wants you to do." My tone began to change and I didn’t have any control over what I would say next.
"That's true I don't know." Hayden nodded, "I've always followed my father's rules and it got me to be a successful person. But it's all for the best intentions." He looked at me.
"If you don't know what I'm going through right now, we don't have anything else to say to each other." I said as Hina pulled me into the car. Leaving Hayden standing on the sidewalk quietly looking at our car leave.