Chapter 5

The Affairs of an Heiress

"Oh Miss Park they are waiting for you in the west office." One of the receptionists had greeted me.
"Thank you. See you at the party~" I smiled walking to the office making my way up the glass stairs up to the big meeting office. Hina was waiting outside for me and looked at her watch, "Just a tad late."
"Just tell me what's going on?"
"We're having a fashion show soon. We already got the female model but we're trying to get a male model to represent the clothing line.” Hina said rubbing her temples, “Mom's away for another meeting and everyone wants Chris Brown to do it. You know how I feel about him." She said looking at me rolling her eyes.
"Who's the female model?" I asked.
"Piper America."
"Why don't you get her to ask her brother Lucky Blue?" I winked.
"His manager isn't working with me. I'm trying but that is just well, he's a ." She said nodding into the office as she opened the door.

 

"Okay let's get this meeting started then." She sat down amongst the female and male designers and event managers. "Hina, Chris is the only one that could match the designs. His schedule is also cleared for the time of the show." One of the designers had said looking through her phone.
"Out of the billion people in the world he's THE ONLY one that can match our designs?" Her satirical tone of voice caused me to cover my smile.
"He's a great icon and he said he's open to the fashion show if we are."

I raised an eyebrow at them and walked forward holding my hand up, "May I?"
"Just speak this isn't dad's office you know." Hina said rolling her eyes.
"Damn woman take it easy.” I snapped my fingers at the female designer who was on her phone, “Your name?”

She looked up when the room became silent and looked awkwardly at the two of us and she pointed to herself, “Me?”

“Yes, you.” I nodded looking at her waiting for a name.

She gave a small smile, “My name is Sunny.”
"Sunny, you decided to call Chris on your own decision making or Hina’s?"

The room went quiet and Sunny looked around quietly, "It was on my own terms."
"Why would you do that?" Hina glared at her, "Honestly do you think? Have you seen chris' reputation over the years?!" Her voice began to raise. She looked at me and rolled her eyes in irritation.
"I don't want a guy who has a bad reputation to represent my brand." Hina laughed in a sarcastic way, “How would that make us look like?”
"Well we are also holding the fashion show in America..." Another spoke up, then soon on to not even trying to finish her sentence.
"Doesn't mean we need him guys. Jesus Christ think people think." Hina looked at her phone, "The fashion show is in three weeks and you're telling me there is no other male we can ask to do this?”
"Not to interject again but I can call Lucky Blue." I said.
"Is the only person who's thinking right now is my sister?" Hina lifted her hands in the air giving up.
"We tried calling, his manager says he's busy." Nichkhun rubbed his neck.
"His sister can't persuade him?" Hina looked around the table, "If you all want Chris Brown to do the show then you got another thing coming.”
"He can open for the show how about that?" Jia said jotting down some notes and looking up.
"Hey you gotta admit he has some nice songs, he can be the entertainment." I said looking at Hina. She wrote down something in her notebook and crossed her legs setting her chin on her fist. "Fine. He can open for the fashion show. As for the male model representing the show, I'm giving you guys till five this afternoon." She said waving her hand shooing them away.

 

All of them scattered to their offices and she sighed swinging her chair around, "Well you can sit down you know."
"Don't give me that attitude, I don't work for you." I laughed sitting down on the cushioned chair, setting my phone down.
"So how was your meeting?" She said sipping on her Starbucks.
"It was okay I guess.” I shrugged and rolled my eyes exasperated from my day, “Dad's probably gonna chew me out tonight about being late and not going to this stupid dinner thing.”
"You're not going?" Her eyes widened, "What the hell man! How come you don't have to go and I do?"
"Wait- how did you know?"
"Dad sent a group text to everyone and moms making me go." She huffed not enthusiastic about any of the plans.
"What about the party?" I said leaning back in my chair.
"L’Joe said it's not till late anyways. It's at some sort of getaway vacation house his parents have up in gangnam somewhere.” Hina said going through her phone, “So I guess we have to go."
"Just perfect." I dragged my fingers down my cheeks, "Now we have to eat dinner with that creep."
"Oh sounds juicy." She scooted closer and jumped up and down in her chair, "Tell me about it~"
"You're such a er for my life's drama." I laughed, "But he's so weird man. He kept trying to make eye contact with me during his presentation-"
"Well you're the CEO he has to make the most eye conta-"
"I'm not the CEO yet girl." I held my hand up to her face interrupting her.
"Shut up and tell me more." She laughed.
"Then he keeps trying to make me call him Hayden. I swear if he tries to pull that 'I can call you Rikki when we get closer' crap he's done for.” I felt agitated, “I’ll destroy that man's company.”
"Whoa scary." Hina shivered rolling her eyes not believing my tough exterior of the moment.
"Then he followed me out of the meeting, into the elevator, and to the lobby. He was trying to get me to ride with him. I don't know I got a strange feeling from him and his father. But whatever."
"If Cap saw that-" Hina smirked.
"But you won't be telling him about it cause you know how he gets." I pointed my finger at her trying to get my point across.
"Hella jealous." Hina sipped on her Starbucks and flipped through papers through her notebook, "Hey can you call Lucky for me? I'm not really in the mood to deal with his manager."
"Just give me his number." I said picking up my phone dialing it, "if I get him to say yes I get an autograph from the flower boys of this agency." I looked at her sternly walking outside.

I walked back in moments late with a smile plastered on my face, "Boom . You best be gathering them flower boys later this week to sign photos of them."
She shouted happily, “Not!”
"Lucky Blue will be at the fashion show~"
"Work for me?" She laughed and held my hands.
"Maybe later." I laughed shaking my head.
"Girls? What're you still doing here?” My mother walked into the office room looking at us, “We have to get ready for the dinner. Let's go let's go." She opened the door to the glass door ushering us out hurriedly.

Hina and I both walked into the house complaining, “Ugh do we really have to go?”
"Yes." Our father said walking into the front of the house, "and there is no party for you two tonight.”
"Sweetie, don't be so harsh. They may go afterwards if they would like." Our mother rubbed our shoulders.
"I sincerely want you two to buckle down and get with the business here." My father looked at us, "Yes you two can have time with your friends but only when the time is appropriate."
"So basically after dinner." I spoke up with a nod from Hina.
My father shook his head hearing my comment, "I shouldn't be hearing any rejections from you. Since you had such a blast after your party last night you forgot about your meeting this afternoon."
"Dad she made it on time. What's one minute late going to do?" Hina frowned a little.
"We had important clients in there."
"GOD. THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES WERE LATE JUST LIKE ME!" I yelled ruffling my hair, "Stop pressuring me so hard to do this and do that. I'm not perfect you know." I stormed up the stairs towards my room.
"There is still no party!" My father yelled up the stairs, "I volunteered you and Hina to show Hayden around Korea."
I turned around and frowned, “Are you freaking kidding me?!”
"Dad!" Hina shouted after me.
"Don't argue with me! You two will show Hayden around town no excuses.” His voice was calm and he adjusted his tie in the mirror, “If I hear anything about you two not doing what you were supposed to-"
"Honey that's no fair to the both of them. They had a party planned before this Hayden boy came along." Our mother looked at him with a little frown.
"This Hayden boy is the next CEO for the transcend company that will be merging with us.” Our father shook his head not wanting to hear it from all of us, “It's good to show a first impression that is amazing." My father said looking at the two of us staring at him in shock. My mother rubbed his shoulders and shook her head, "In the meantime all three of them aren't running the company just yet so let them live.” Miss Park looked at him, “If Hayden would like to be shown around then he is most welcome. Only then will the girls show him around."
"Mom!" I shook my head in disbelief, "HE'S GONNA SAY YES ANYWAYS.”

Hinano nodded her head and agreed with me saying, “He's such a damn goody two shoes and does whatever his parents want."
"Like a good son of a future fortune five hundred company should." My father said, "I like that idea. Now get ready we're leaving in an hour."
"This is so bull." I slammed the door to my room.