Chapter 6

The Affairs of an Heiress

Hinano and I got into the limo and sat down not feeling the mood. She pulled her phone out and scrolled through her social media, “So how does he look like anyways?”
"Just google him. He's all over the Internet." I nodded.
"Oh so you've looked?" She nudged me playfully.
"Yeah back up honey." I rolled my eyes shoving her back causing her to drop her phone. I hated the feeling of going to this dinner party moreover having to drive him around. I don't understand why my father is setting me up with this fool. Actually, I know exactly why, he wants to keep me distracted from Cap so that our relationship can simmer down and fall apart. "He white..." Hina said scrolling through the photos on Google.

Our mother looked at us sharply, "Your grandfather is half white you two."
"I know I'm just saying." Hina said snapping her fingers.
"Don't say anything like that around them. Be nice girls." Our father said looking at us with sharp eyes.
"Yes sir." Hina said jokingly.
"I'm being serious here Hina." My father said looking up at her from his phone.

 

The limo pulled to the sidewalk and the valet opened the door for us. My father waited for all of us to get out and smiled, "Okay ready my lovelies?" He opened the door to the restaurant and we all made our way up the stairs to the VIP. All of us looked around until we saw Mr. Christensen wave his hand standing by one of the tables in the corner, "Mr. and Mrs. Park pleasure to meet you again." He smiled shaking both of their hands. "Ah the power sisters, Rikki and Hina it's very nice to see you again Rikki.” He made his way over and gave me a tight hug, he then made his way over to Hina. With a big smile plastered onto his face he said, “Hina it's very nice to meet you I've heard a lot about you." In respect she quietly bowed to him and smiled.
"Rikki why don't you sit next to Hayden?" My father said nodding towards the chair next to Hayden.
My face had contorted as I saw him pull out the chair for me, "I don't know if he wants me to." I said trying to send off signals that I don't want to sit there.
"I don't mind." Hayden said standing up and making his way to me. Don't do it don't do it I kept repeating in my mind. He made his way into my bubble and hugged me closely, I let my arms dangle not holding him back. "It's nice to see you again. Missed you at lunch today." He whispered pulling back putting his hands on my shoulder and smiling. He took my hand and lead me to my seat and pushing my chair back in when I had taken my seat.
"Oh no he didn't..." Hina looked at him with wild eyes.
"Hina please sit." My father coughed looking at her, he motioned his eyes to her chair.
Hayden had looked at the small scene and laughed softly, “Excuse me of my rude manners Hina,” He pulled out her chair, “After you.”
"Miss Park." Hina said sitting down scooting closer to the table. Hayden took his seat in between the two sisters and smiled at the parents who overlooked them. "It's nice to see you again Mr. Park, it's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Park."

Both my parents said their greetings and smiled.
"So shall we look at the menu?" Mr. Christensen said passing the menus around. Everyone was quiet at the table looking through the menu. My mother making conversation between my father and Hayden's, while Hina and I kept quietly to ourselves.

All the adults made conversation with each other and sometimes would make small conversation with us. I took a sip of my water before eating my food again. "How's your food?" Hayden said looking at me with a small smile.
"It's good thank you for asking." I said continuing to eat.

He chuckled and smiled, "How about you Miss Park?" He said looking at Hina.
"Just fine and dandy. Thank you." She said looking at her phone.
My father already feeling awkward due to Hina’s attitude he butted into the conversation, "Hayden, how are you and getting your way around Korea?" My father asked.
"I'm doing just fine sir." He smiled and wiped his mouth with his napkin then placed it in his lap.
My father was about to bring up the suggestion of Hina and I showing Hayden around Korea, until I had interrupted him. "Father how is your food?"
"It's fine Rikki." He looked at me with a frown. Once again he prepared himself for the suggestion until Hina had also caught onto my drift. She then had proceeded to interrupt my father again during his conversation. "Mom how's your food?" Hina asked.
Our mom had frowned and shook her head at Hina, she knew what we were doing and wasn’t to keen about getting our father upset tonight, “It is fine, now please let your father talk.”
"Hayden how is your food?" Mr. Christensen joked around laughing obviously not knowing the reason why we kept interrupting, “I’m kidding, now go ahead Mr. Park.”
"I was going to suggest that Rikki and Hina show you around tonight." My father said sipping his drink and nodding.
"Only if you're up to it." My mother smiled agreeing to his idea.
"I'd love to." He smiled brightly, "These two seem like a lovely pair to look around Korea with."

I got too carried away and slapped the table in slight anger. Not only to ruin my plans but to ruin it for the whole night was ridiculous. "Ah excuse me I had a cramp." I apologized to the adults who stared at me in disbelief.
"You don't mind do you?" Hayden asked looking at me.
I looked at him with sharp eyes, “You know I actually…” I looked up to my father and mother then took a look at Mr. Christensen who smiled at me nodding his head. I sighed and felt bad to act like this to his son and my sentimental side kicked in, “Don't mind." I could see Hina drop her fork onto the plate and lean back into her chair upset. I heard her sigh and I rolled my eyes, running my hands through my hair in irritation. Tonight was going to be a long night.

Towards the end of dinner I excused myself to the bathroom with Hina following me. As soon as we got out of sight Hina clapped her hands sarcastically, "Great job now we can't go to the party.” She leaned onto the wall, “We just had to have Mrs. Sentimental in the house tonight.”
"Look we can still go the party. We can just bring him with us." I shrugged not knowing what else to do.
"Yeah and have him follow us the whole night?” She cringed, “I don’t think so.”
"There's other white kids! They don't judge." I said pushing her shoulder laughing at her face.
"They might be a little judgmental towards that outfit he has on. Nobody is wearing a suit to this party” She retorted.
"Whatever let's go, Cap keeps texting me." I laughed.
"Oh babe I miss you~" Hina teased and made a throw up face.
"So a party?" Hayden said walking out of the men's bathroom, practically hearing our whole conversation.
I narrowed my eyes feeling upset that he was eavesdropping, “You have a real problem with eavesdropping don’t you.”
"Maybe I guess." He smiled, "A party sounds fun. Should we head out now?"
Hina smiled at him, which I had found pretty odd on her part. “Let’s go~” She said.
"Uhm who's side are you on here?" I whispered harshly.
"As long as he's down with the party I'm cool with him.” She shrugged, but then held up a finger, “Everything else I'm not okay with."
"Yeah great logic." I said walking back to the table, "Thank you for the dinner mom, father, and Mr. Christensen."
"We'll be heading out now father. I'll see you back at the hotel later." Hayden smiled at all the adults as well and bowed.
"Rikki, I had the driver come pick you up and he'll take you all around.” My father said setting his phone down on the table, “I'll call another driver to pick us up. Be safe." He said before waving at us three. I bowed alongside Hina before we had left the restaurant. We all walked outside and waited for the driver to pick us up.