Chapter 10

The Affairs of an Heiress

I let loose of all of my anger in the car while Hina and Daniel sat quietly listening to me rant, “Break me up?!” I laughed at it like it was a joke, "Who the hell does he think he is? He can try but let me tell you something I won't be taking over the company any time soon if he does. I'll quit this family." I nodded assuringly to Hina.
"God." Hina shook her head frowning, "Dad's been getting some nerve lately. Like how can he just up and say that and not think about your feelings." She said feeling anger as well after she witnessed what went down in the office earlier this morning.
"That's father. He doesn't care about anyone but himself and the good will of his company."

I threw my water bottle onto the ground.
"Please be careful." Daniel said quietly not wanting to piss me off more.

I leaned forward and stuck my head up to the front, "Can you please take us to Mr. Bangs company building?"

Cap sat down and furrowed his eyebrows sitting still, his chest only moving up and down slowly as he listened to what had happened.
"He's going crazy Cap." I paced back and forth in his office, "Threatening to break you and I up, I'd like to see him try." I laughed cynically and shook my head.
"Just calm down will you? You're freaking me out." Hina said on her phone looking up at me.
"Fathers taken away my teenage years for this company but he's not taking away Cap from me dude. Hell no." I said looking at her with anger.
"I know man just sit down and calm down." Hina rolled her eyes, "Like he would."
"He would!" I ran my hands through my hair irritated, "You don't know him like I do. He will."
"Mind taking care of your girl man?" Hina nodded to Cap.

I bit my thumb and shook my head involved in my own mind's thoughts I stood against the door then walked to the window overlooking his office. I leaned my forehead against the window and huffed feeling Cap’s arms wrap around me. "After all the things I've done for this company and father he still is digging for more.” I shook my head, “What more does he want? I put my whole self into this company. But when it comes to my love life he wants to involve himself in that one as well. The only thing I ask him to stay out of." I felt a pang of sadness in my chest and I felt my eyes begin to water.
"Don't even worry about it." He said kissing my neck softly, "Stop stressing about it. If your mom can accept me then your father can. Just give him some time."
"I'm not letting him ruin this." I said leaning my head back onto his shoulders.
"Then don't let him. It's our life that he doesn't need to bother with.” Cap rubbed my shoulders, “We'll be graduating soon and we'll be more responsible and perfect in our parents eyes. It's all gonna be just fine." He laughed and ruffled my hair making me smile slightly, "Don't be so dramatic."

I stuck my tongue out and rolled my eyes taking my eyes away from him and to the outside window where I saw a man in a suit standing by it looking at us. I jumped holding my chest and bowed my head as the man walked into the office.
"Hello Miss Park." Caps father, Mr. Bang smiled at me and set a few folders onto Cap’s desk.
"Hello Mr. Bang." I bowed with Hina following my que. I went quiet and looked down awkwardly as Cap rubbed my back before sitting back down.
"I hope you don't think I'm angry with you too." His father chuckled softly, "I don't see anything wrong with the articles."
"Adopt us. Please." Hina said laughing.
"I would love to." His father laughed with her, "I'll see you two soon yes?"
"Sorry?" I questioned.
"After your classes graduation we'll be holding a masquerade ball that night. Hopefully I'll see you two there?"
"Most definitely." Hina smiled bowing her head before his father walked out the door.

The dreaded dinner that night that I wasn't looking forward to was alright after all, my father had meetings to attend to with Mr. Christensen advising on the plan for the merge. "I see father didn't want me at tonight's meeting." I said putting food on my plate and walking to the table.
"Now now," Our mother said, "Your father is just a different type of person. You two need to understand him more."
"Mom he's getting involved in Rikki’s love life." Hina said eating her food.
"Haven't I gotten involved with your love life once or twice?" My mother set her utensils down sipping her water.
"Yes but it was for the best though." Hina said softly.
"Yes because Luhan was using you for extra fame. While who was that other kid-"
"Daehyun."
"Yes, he just was a playboy. So I stepped into both of those relationships to get you away from bad things that could possibly happen in the future." Our mother smiled at Hina.
"Mom, what're you trying to say? Fathers stepping in to insure that nothing bad happens in the future for my relationship?" I looked at her narrowing my eyes.
"Don't you look at me like that Rikki. I'm not saying that."
"Then what are you trying to say? Did you not meet him when he came down for breakfast yesterday?" I asked.
"He does seem like a nice kid. Maybe I shouldn't be judging by the media either but I'm trying to show you from your father's perspective. Understand?" She set her fork down to look at me.
"I guess so." I shrugged and took another bite of my food.
"Aren't you two excited for graduation?" My mother smiled, "So for a present I bought you two a couple things~"

She reached under the table and brought two boxes handing one of each to the both of us. Hina smiled and quickly opened the box and screamed seeing a Polaroid camera, "MOM! YOU'RE THE BEST!" She smiled opening the box pulling out the beautiful colored pink camera, she held in her hands as if it was a fragile puppy. Her eyes went huge seeing Polaroids of the arashi group members fall out of the box. She then pulled out a “Been Trill” sweatshirt and smiled, "Thanks Mom, seriously~" Hina smiled standing up and giving her a tight hug.
"Don't forget to say thank you to your father too. Rikki your turn~" she smiled turning her attention to me.

I opened up my box and found a big silver case with a red rim around it.
"A brief case. Starting them early huh Mom." Hina laughed.
"Shut your trap." I laughed and opened the briefcase to see the whole marvel movie collection with different other movies from the eighties. Also other things such as photos of the actors, actresses, and all the characters miniature pop dolls. I covered my mouth, "Mom you shouldn't have..."
"There's one more~" she smiled. I went through the wrapping paper feeling a bead underneath, I pulled away the paper to find a box of all of the Lokai bracelets laying there. I smiled brightly and held it up, "How'd you know?"
"I heard it from a little birdy named Minsoo." She smiled, "I hope you two like your gifts. Just thought it would cheer you up." Our mother happily said.

I liked this feeling with three of us sitting down together whether it be at the dinner table or in each other's bedrooms. My mother always knew how to cheer us up and always calmed us down through the push and pull of life. It was always her who would stop us from our hectic lives and made us live like regular teenagers. I loved her for that and wish she could do that all the time lately, especially with my father on our butts.

Few days passed and I've been spending more time out with my friends and sister than at the office. My mother always covered for the both of us every time father made a fuss of us not at the office. Though his concern wasn’t for Hina but more for me.

 

Let's just say I haven't been to any meetings since that big blowout scandal, but things have seemed to settle down a little. Hina and I stay out late and leave early just to avoid our father at home. It's just a little rebellion thing we put up against him. But today was the big day for Hina, her first fashion show she coordinated with little help from mom. We all came home early except for my father, running late at the office once again and would meet us at the show later.

"Is your model gonna be at my fashion show?" Hina laughed as she placed her boyfriend on speaker as she did her make-up in the mirror.
Gongchan laughed on the other end, “Now what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn’t go?”
"True true. Isn't your friend gonna be there?" Hina asked curiously.
"Which ones?" He chuckled cockily.
"So freaking cocky I swear." Hina rolled her eyes putting on her lipstick, "Lucky Blue Smith and his sister Pyper America."
"Oh yes~ I haven't seen them since I got off my schedules in the states. Aren't your F5 flower boys gonna be there?"
"Yeah I asked them to come and surprise Rikki with a group hug since she got Lucky Blue to come do the show." She brushed the natural make up powder alongside her cheekbones. Admiring herself in the mirror she puffed her lips out feeling good on her natural makeup for tonight.
"Oh how sweet of the sister~" Gongchan teased.
"Yeah yeah I know."
"Are you nervous?"
"Sort of. I hope everyone likes my designs and everything." Hina smiled nervously in the mirror fixing her bun.
"I'm sure they will, yah if they don't I'll beat them up."
"Now now hold your horses. We don't want anyone fighting at the show. At the after party sure why not makes things juicy." She laughed sliding on her heels.
"Such a er for drama." Gongchan laughed slightly, "Who are all the people we know that are going?"
"Besides your model friends we got our main squad." Hina said adjusting herself in her seat to slip on the heels easier.
"That's all I need to know. This is gonna be a good night for sure. Free drinks?"
"Yes free drinks." She said running her hands along the shift dress to make sure there was no wrinkles.
"Free… kisses...?" His question came out slow as he laughed.
"Exactly who do you want a free kiss from huh?" Hina picked up the phone leaning back into her chair going on her Instagram.
"You, dummy.”
"That's what I thought." She laughed teasingly.
"Aigoo Aigoo." He said tiredly in a playful way, "I'll see you in a few?"
"Yes sir~"
"I love you~" he yelled over the phone emitting his high pitched laughter.
"I love you too~" She hung up.


Cap’s voice was heard over the Skype call on my laptop, “What kind of dress are you wearing?”
"Now now that's not for you to see it right now." I joked around stepping into the dress and slipping my arms through the lace sleeves and reached to the back zipping it up.
"Oh I heard a zipper." Cap let out his deep laugh, "Sounds y."
"Please stop." I laughed shaking my head sitting down placing my beachy hair to one side of my head.
"If I see skin..." He continued to tease on the other end.
"Oh my god cap!" I shouted at him causing him to laugh heartily over the other end, "I'm so done with you right now." I laughed putting on the last parts of my make up.
"I'm being serious here Rikki. If you wear one of those dresses that a lot of others wear to fashion shows... With skin showing... Short... Hems..." He trailed off.
"Are you kidding me right now?" I scoffed getting up to grab my heels from the bed and slipping on the light tan heels.
"Yes I am." He laughed, "Can't wait to see you tonight~"
"Me too~" I teasingly cooed at him like a baby which I knew he never liked.
"Eh hey, don't use those baby tones with me."
"God you two are so nasty to listen too." Hina walked past the door and gagged.
"Oh shut up ." I yelled and leaned over to look outside, "I think we're going, so I'll see you there."
"Love you babyyyyy~"
"Love ya too sweet cheeks." I laughed hanging up and grabbing my purse walking out my bedroom.

 

"Aw my girls~" Mother smiled clasping her hands together smiling at the both of us, "You two look so grown up."
"Thanks Mom." Hina and I both smiled fixing our dresses by brushing our hands over the hems.
"Let's take a Instagram picture okay?" My mother said opening the door, "Ah just in time! Daniel would you?" She held her phone to him. We all stood together our mother in the middle and Hina and I on either side of her, smiling we posed for the picture. "Okay let's go girls~" Mother walked down the steps gracefully to the car.