Chapter 1

The Affairs of an Heiress

My father leaned back into his chair his sharp eyes meeting mine, “You are not going to that party.” My mother and sister on the side quietly sitting on the couch watching the scene in front of them. "Dad." My sister, Hina, let out a cute little voice giving a smile to him "It's not a bad place, it's at Ricky's house. You know his family, daddy you like his family."

His face changed his bitter tone to a sweet one as he looked at my sister, "I do like his family sweetheart. It's just the choice of friends he has."
"One of them is named L’Joe." I rolled my eyes feeling the irritation grow in me.

Hina snapped her fingers and gave me a small smirk, “Let’s not forget about Cap.”

"Exactly girls," our father let out a chuckle rubbing his temples, "Who in their right minds would name their kids those outrageous names? L’Joe? Cap?"

"It's called nicknames father. You know you get them from your friends, you’d know if you had any." My exaggerated tone filled the air.

My mother's quiet and calm voice came from the corner of the room where my sister sat as well, “Rikki Park, watch your tone and choice of words.”

"It's okay honey," he leaned onto his desk his eyes locked onto mine, "You still wouldn't be able to go to this party Rikki. You have things to do here and at the company."

"I'm not the CEO yet so when I do become it I'll find priorities towards the company."

"YOU WILL NOT THROW ASIDE A FORTUNE FIVE HUNDRED COMPANY!" He adjusted his tie clearing his throat and taking a deep breath, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell."

I ran my hands through my hair and tried to keep calm. Lately I haven't been dealing with my anger as well, especially when it came from my father's arguments. Anything he said that related to my personal life or the company immediately made me bite my tongue from screaming.

My father one of the big five in the companies that ran the country. Three homes which were all owned, two modeling agencies, ten super malls built across the country, and three of them in the United States. Since I was fifteen he began preparing me to take over the company right after high school. My sister of course, she's one year younger than I am (she skipped a grade so we're both seniors) she's well into the company's modeling agency side. My mother proud of the both of us, had her intentions set on Hina running the modeling agencies which is becoming a dream come true for her.

On the other hand my father had his intentions set on me running the main company itself, all the malls and somewhat apart of the modeling agency business. We were raised with the whole country in the palm of our hands, prodigies at most.

Hina broke my train of thought when she interrupted our conversation to try make things better, “Daddy, Gongchan will be there.”

The famous Gongchan. He was a model in a different agency and he was favorited by many people, including our parents. My mother always loved having him over and my father always thought of him as a son in law. He was responsible and mature for his age.

My father turned his attention to my sister and gave her a sweet smile, “He’s coming back to Korea? How is he doing?”

"He's fine. Finally on a break from his modeling and he comes back tonight. He was also invited to the party as well," her eyes slowly looked at me and back to my father, "and if anything happens he can take us home." Hina continued on, “Dad you know he's responsible and he doesn't drink or do drugs." She smiled at our father, "It's Gongchan."
"Oh honey, it's okay for them to go to the party. Rikki can have a break as well. Don't you think she deserves it?" My mother's voice soft voice once again clashed among the tense feelings in the room.

"Gongchan~" Hina tossed the name around the room waiting for our father to catch the drift. I crossed my arms looking at my father's reaction and my mother's smile. I already knew the outcome and I began to count the seconds down in my mind.

"Oh alright you two can go." My father threw his hands up in defeat and smiled, "Just please be careful of those rowdy boys at that party. Please. I don't want the reputation of this family tainted." His eye aimed right to me letting me know what he said was for me.

"Thank you for your approval father." I sarcastically stated. I barged out of the home office and walked down the stairs feeling my irritation lessen with each step.

 

I heard the door to my father's office close and footsteps racing down after me. "See it wasn't that bad!" Hina laughed happily as she wrapped her arm around my neck, "c'mon cheer up."
"How is it that mother and father can be persuaded by you and your boyfriend? But not the oldest child?" I raised an eyebrow walking into the kitchen.

Throwing a water bottle at Hina she sat down and drank it shrugging, "I don't know."
"We're all the same type of kids, not to bring social class into this or anything. How does he not trust any of our friends he knows all the families?"
"It’s all about the reputation man." Hina nodded looking into the bowl of candy that Gongchan sent to her from Japan, “Some of them just aren’t good enough in dads eyes.”
"Your point is?”
"God you're so slow today." Hina popped one of the candies in , "What I'm trying to say is, is that dad knows the families reps. The kids that are at this party some of them don't have good reputations.” She looked at my confused expression and rolled her eyes once more, “Some of the kids there don't have good reputations.”

I laughed sarcastically, “Oh yeah? Like who?”

Hina mimicked me in a sarcastic tone as well before saying, “You damn well know who. L’joe and your boy, Cap.”

That was true. L'Joe had constant tabloid rumors and issues, especially when he went to award ceremonies and clubs. Magazines caught about six girls coming out of his hotel room the morning after the music awards. But who could blame him he was a ladies man that couldn't shy away from the light because of his parents fame.

Cap on the other hand, let's just say him and the media aren't exactly peas in a pod. A couple months back he was hit with the biggest media cover ever. He got into a fist fight at the VIP section in coachella. Making news in the states and back home. Then he got into another scandal where he kept egging on a man to fight him at the EDC concert just a couple weeks ago. He gets a little rowdy when he drinks or when he’s irritable.

"Those two aren't as bad as others." I shrugged taking a sip of my water, "What does he know about our friends anyways?” Slapping my hands against the counter I huffed, “He was barely around anyways during our childhood.”
"Jesus take it easy man. We should get ready though I mean cap keeps texting me on when we're heading down." Hina laughed taking her phone out.
"Sure he is.”
She held her phone up showing me the messages.

"Cap: aye just wanted to know when you two were coming down to the party? Just let me know."

"Cap: not trying to sound anxious or anything. Hopefully your father will let you guys go I know he doesn't like me 😈"

"Cap: there's gonna be a lot of people so just find us outside by the pool. See you lovely ladies soon~"

"For a suave person in real life he sounds like a nerd on text." I laughed shoving her phone away shaking my head, "Shall we get ready lovely sister?" I jokingly said in a British accent.
"Yes, yes we shall sister. To our bedrooms." She snapped her fingers and headed up the stairs.

"We're leaving!" I called out as I put my shoes on.
Hina fixed her eyeliner in the mirror and called out saying her goodbyes as well.
"Be safe!" My mother called down to us from the stairs.

Our father standing above the staircase looked down at us with a stern look, "Both of you be safe. Don't get into ANY trouble.”
"Okay dad! We gotta go!" Hina laughed shaking her head walking out the door.

I followed her but was called by my father.

I turned around to see his eyes narrow and his voice cold, "Don't be hanging out around the media when you're with that boy.”

I didn't want to argue so I smiled and nodded my head, "I know father, I'll be on the look out sir." I sarcastically did a salute and walked out.

"That girl..." My father sighed rubbing his temples.

"Give her a break honey. She’ll get back into the swing of things soon enough.” My mother kissed his cheek.