Suga- MarioNe

Falling Maple Leaves Request Shop ((Winner, ASTRO, B.A.P., Block B, NCT, and K.A.R.D. added!))

BTS' Suga

When Bi An is on the run from the new King


“Do we really have to do this?” Bi An asked nervously. She turned to look up at Seokjin behind her. He just nodded sadly.

“I’m afraid we do Princess.”

“Don’t call her Princess, we don’t want her cover to be blown already.” Yoongi said with a scowl. He was leaning against the wall a couple feet away.

“My apologies. What should we use as your alias?”

“Just call me Binh.” Bi An said with a sigh. The two knights in the room nodded at her choice. Similar enough to her name that she would respond to it and common enough that it wouldn’t be strange.

“Ready to do this Binh.”

“Not really, but if I must.” Bi An reached up to touch her blonde locks. She ran her fingers through them gently and said a silent goodbye.

For her entire life, people had always marvelled at Bi An’s hair. Most people in her country had black hair or hair that was varying shades of brown. But Bi An had been born with shiny blonde hair, a rarity in the realm. Her parents had especially loved it. They used to call her their little sun. With her parents gone, one of the last pieces of their memory was her hair. Soon, that would be gone too.

“Just do it.” Bi An said. She closed her eyes tightly and clenched her fists. As soon as she heard the first snip of the scissors, Bi An jumped. She looked over to Yoongi, who gave her a supportive smile.

As the hair came off, Bi An could feel her head getting lighter and lighter. She had never realized just how much mass her hair actually had. Along with her head getting less heavy, Bi An could feel her stomach sinking. This was just the start of many drastic changes, but it was the hardest step. Throughout the hair cut, Bi An kept her eyes closed.

“You can open your eyes now,” Bi An nodded and opened her eyes again. She turned around to look at Seokjin, who smiled gently at her. “You look really different with short hair.” He said with a laugh.

“And you would look really different with long hair. You should grow it out.” At her weak joke, Seokjin laughed. Bi An could tell it was a sympathy joke.

“I’m going to go get the dye. Just sit tight.” Bi An nodded as Seokjin left the room. It was only Yoongi and Bi An left in the room.

For some reason, Yoongi had been quite awkward around Bi An since they escaped the castle. She wasn’t entirely sure why, but she was far too afraid to ask why. Bi An turned to him and smiled awkwardly.

“What do you think Yoongi?” She asked, gesturing towards her now short hair. It was still blonde for now, but it was now chopped short at chin length. It was a little long for a boy’s hair, but Bi An appreciated the fact that it was still somewhat feminine.

“It’s certainly different.” Yoongi said cryptically with a shrug of his shoulders. Bi An frowned even though she should have expected this answer. Yoongi had always been stoic, but especially so lately.

Bi An looked down at her feet and caught sight of a stray blonde lock of hair on the ground. Her eyes widened at the horrific sight. Bi An leaned down and grabbed the lock of hair gently. She it with her thumb as tears gathered in her eyes. She heard Yoongi sigh and assumed he was going to say something, but before she could do so Seokjin walked back into the room.

“I’ve got the dye!” Seokjin said cheerfully, oblivious to the tension. Bi An quickly wiped the tears from her eyes and smiled over at Seokjin. Yoongi remained straight faced as usual.

“What’s even in there?” Bi An asked as she peered into the pot. It’s was a dark brown and she could smell nutty hints to it.

“It’s crushed walnut shell that I boiled to extract the colour. It should cover your blonde hair quite nicely and hopefully it will look natural.”

“I hope so too.” Bi An said nervously. If it didn’t work, Bi An was sure that they would be in trouble. She felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up at Seokjin. He smiled down at her and gave her shoulder a light squeeze.

“Don’t worry, it will. If it doesn’t, then we’ll try something else.” Bi An nodded and sat back rightly in her chair. Seokjin stepped behind her and began to slather the dye in her hair.

After twenty minutes of spreading the mixture in her hair and an hour of letting it sit, Bi An was able to wash out her hair. She gazed into the bath water, grasping at a strand of her now brown hair. As Bi An looked at her reflection, she barely recognized herself. Yes, she still had the same eyes and nose and lips, but everything else had changed. Bi An’s skin was tanner from her weeks of journeying and her now changed hair framed her face completely differently.

“I actually kind of like it.” Bi An lied as she turned to look at Seokjin and Yoongi. To be honest, she hated how her new hair made her look and feel. But she didn’t want to make Seokjin or Yoongi feel bad for her.

“That’s good!” Seokjin said cheerfully. “Let’s go show the rest of the guys.” Bi An nodded nervously and walked out behind Seokjin. As soon as she stepped out from behind his broad back, the boys all gasped.

“Wow,” Jungkook said, jaw slightly ajar. “You really look like a boy.” Bi An blushed as Jimin smacked Jungkook’s shoulder.

“A lady doesn’t want to hear that kind of thing.” He scolded Jungkook.

“No, but that is what we need,” Bi An said. “We need people to believe that I’m a boy.” The whole room fell silent as they were reminded of their situation. The boys had sworn to protect Bi An with their lives and they were reminded that they mustn’t forget that duty.

The mournful silence was broken by Bi An. She cleared and looked over the boys. “Well, I shall be off to bed now. Rest well everyone.” She bid goodnight to the boys and then walked into her separate bed chamber.

Once she shut the wooden door, Bi An leaned against it and let out a heavy sigh. She titled her head back and let the tears well up. They slowly started to fall and this time, Bi An didn’t bother to wipe them away. She didn’t have to pretend to be strong now.

Even though they didn’t say anything, Bi An knew that the knights placed their hope on her shoulders. She knew that they hoped she would take back the kingdom. Not right now, but Bi An knew that in the future they would expect her to lead a crusade against the new ruler. To take back her rightful place and sit atop the throne.

Bi An took a calming deep breath and finally opened her eyes. She began to undress from her work clothes and change into her night clothes. Bi An wasn’t yet used to the itchy unhewn wool of normal peasant’s clothing. At least at night she could take off the disguise and wear her nightgown, one of the only remnants of the night of the castle siege. It was the only female specific pieces of clothing that she owned now. Nighttime was now the only time that Bi An still felt comfortable in her own skin.

Hours passed at Bi An laid in her bed. Like with her clothing, Bi An wasn’t used to the stiffness of the mattress. Her mattress back in the castle was filled with featherdown and fine linen sheets. Now her mattress was simply made of straw with a thin wool cloth as a sheet. Bi An knew that others, including the knights charged with protecting her, had it worse than her. She knew the boys were used to woolen mattress with finished wool sheets. Now, they had three straw beds like hers between the seven of them.

Bi An sighed once again and sat up in bed. She put on a pair of shoes and snuck out of small cottage they were currently staying in. Thankfully, it was a warm summer night so she was able to be outside without a robe. Bi An walked around the back of the cottage, away from their garden and towards the forest. It was a small, private cottage on the edge of one of Namjoon’s father’s plots of land. Namjoon’s father had given them enough room to grow their own food and create a small living for themselves. It also gave them enough privacy to train in secret. Eventually, the new King would find them. But for now they were safe.

Walking to the beginnings of the forest, Bi An felt her worries start to melt from her shoulders. She had always loved the forest and had spent a lot of time riding her mare through the walking paths of the King’s woods. She hummed an old lullaby that her mother used to sing to her as a child. Bi An wasn’t sure where her feet were leading her, but she ended up by a small stream somewhere in the forest. Bi An kicked off her shoes and began to leap on rocks poking up through the stream’s surface. She sat upon a large boulder in the middle of the stream and dipped her feet into the water.

She sat there, admiring the forest’s night until a rustle is the bushes startled her. Thinking it was an animal of some sort, Bi An immediately raised her guard. To her relief and also reluctance, it was only Yoongi. Her brows furrowed his sudden appearance.

“What are you doing out here?” Bi An asked, not even bothering to say hello.

“I heard you leave the cottage and followed you to make sure you were safe,” Yoongi said. Like Bi An did, Yoongi kicked off his shoes and made his way across the stream towards her. The boulder was large enough for the two of them to both sit, but their shoulders and thighs were pressed tightly against one another. Bi An flushed at the intimate contact. “Why are you out in the woods this late? It can be dangerous.”

“I just wanted some space to think.”

“Thinking about what?”

“Why have you been pushing me away Yoongi?” Bi An replied without missing a beat. Yoongi didn’t reply and let her words drop. The only sound that broke the silence was the steady beat of the stream and the occasional chirp of a cricket. Yoongi sighed and Bi An saw his rub a hand across his face. He sighed quietly before speaking.

“Bi An, you told me that you love me.”

“And you said it right back. Have you changed your mind?” At Yoongi’s silence, Bi An felt her heart break just a little bit. His silence said more than his words ever could. Bi An stood up silently, stepped over Yoongi’s form and made her way to the bank of the river.

“Bi An, please wait.” Yoongi called just as she stepped back into her shoes.

“No Yoongi. I don’t know why you’ve changed your mind, but I’m not waiting for you to change it again,” Bi An said, her voice crasking slightly.

“But Bi An-” She cut him off abruptly.

“We both have duties Yoongi. I suggest we focus on those instead of what might have been.”



OKAYYYYY~ I know I'm a total for not updating in like a year! And I don't even have very good excuses as to why I've been absent from this. A lot of things have changed in my life and I just didn't make enough time to work on stuff for this Request Shop. 


For this scenario specifically, I had a difficult time trying to figure out in which direction I wanted this to take. It took an angsty direction because I may or may noot have been listening to WINNER's 'Fool' while writing this. I hope you guys like it and I'll try to be much, MUCH better at writing and updating this shop~

Word Count: 1954

Finished: 24/04/17