Joshua-HoneyGamer

Falling Maple Leaves Request Shop ((Winner, ASTRO, B.A.P., Block B, NCT, and K.A.R.D. added!))

Seventeen's Joshua

When Joshua goes to Sung Ah's family bonding night



"Are you sure you really want to do this?" Sung Ah asked as she looked up at her boyfriend. "I'm not going to make you, so if you want to back out that's totally fine." Joshua just laughed and grasped her hands in his own.

"From the way you're talking, I would think you don't want me to meet your family." Sung Ah blushed and looked away. To be honest, Sung Ah didn't want Joshua to meet her family. Not because there was something wrong with him. Quite the opposite really. Sung Ah's family was totally crazy and she was terrified that they'd scare him off. Her Mum embarassing and her brother.... Well, he was an entirely different story, Sung Ah and Joshua had only been dating three months.

"It's not that." She murmured and looked anxiously at the front door of her house. Joshua leaned down to look into her eyes. Even though he was average height, Sung Ah was still a good couple of inches shorter than him.

"It'll be fine my lovely." Joshua said, a grin lighting up his face. Sung Ah felt the butterflies begin in her stomach again. She swears that they would never go away. Even after three months together, she never got used to the way he smiled. It was so soothing and honest. It made her just want to blurt out how much she loved him. Instead, she closed her eyes and began to lean closer to Joshua.

"Well well well! What have we here?" A loud voice exclaimed as they opened the front door widely. Joshua and Sung Ah immediately jumped away from one another. Sung Ah frowned and glared, pink still tinting her cheeks.

"Shut up Donghae!" Sung Ah yelled at her older brother.

"Stop torturing the poor girl," Another male voice said. A blond haired male popped up behind Donghae and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "You're so mean to your little sister."

"It's my job to annoy her," Donghae said as he rolled his eyes. "It's also my job to intimidate the new boyfriend." Sung Ah gulped nervously. Donghae had scared off the first two boyfriend she has. Sung Ah crossed her fingers behind her back and silently prayed that Joshua wouldn't take the bait. While he looked very buff and intimidating, Donghae wouldn't hurt a fly. Eunhyuk, his boyfriend, on the other hand seemed sweet and innocent but was lowkey really tough.

Donghae stepped out of the doorway and stood in front of Joshua. Donghae glared at Joshua, who simply held his gaze evenly. The stare down continued for a couple more moments, Donghae frowning at the younger male and Joshua maintaining a friendly smile. Sung Ah rolled her eyes and groaned.

"Can we please just go in already? I can smell that mom's cooking something really good." She said as she pushed the two males apart from each other. Sung Ah's mouth started watering as she thought about what her mother was potentially cooking in the kitchen. Joshua smiled at his firlfriend and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Donghae glared at the boy and how easily her had thrown his arm around his sister.

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes at his overprotective boyfriend and held his hand. "Let's go Fishie." Eunhyuk said with a laugh as he dragged his boyfriend inside. Donghae grumbled, but followed Eunhyuk into the house. Sung Ah was about to follow, but Joshua held her back. She looked up at him curiously.

"You didn't tell me your brother was gay." Joshua said. Sung Ah immediately stiffened. She knew that he was really religious, but she also thought that he was open minded.

"Must have slipped my mind. That's not going to be a problem, is it?" Sung Ah asked the loaded question. As much as she liked, and probably loved, Joshua, she would always pick her family over a boy. Even a boy as wonderful as Joshua.

"No no no, it's fine," He replied, immeditely backtracking. "I just wish you had told me so I wouldn't have been caught off guard." Sung Ah released the breath she'd been holding and smiled.

"Okay, good." The two smiled at each other and slowly leaned in for a kiss.

"Come on lovebirds!" They heard Donghae yell from inside the house. Sung Ah giggled as she lead Joshua inside the house. They found Donghae and Eunhyuk in the dining room setting up the table for dinner. "Seriously, you two are gross." Donghae said as he placed the silverware onto the table.

"Says you Donghae. You and Eunhyuk can barely keep your hands off of each other." Sung Ah rolled her eyes. Donghae just grinned and moved over to where Eunhyuk was standing.

"Yep, I love my Hyukkie." Donghae said as he nuzzled Eunhyuk's cheek with his nose. Sung Ah smirked as she moved closer to Joshua's side.

"Ohh oppa," she said loudly, gaining the boys' attention. She was using a fake sweet and high pitched voice. "You are just the sweetest most kindest most gentlemanly most wonderfulest boyfriend I could ever ask for." Joshua grinned as he decided to play along.

"And you honeycakes, are the most beautiful, the most rare and the most precious gift one could ever hope to receive. My horse is outside. Let us ride off into the sunset together and elope on Jeju island where we will become fishermen."

"That sounds excellent my dearest. And there we will live happily ever after and live on a farm and have 19 children whose names all start with J." The two gazed lovingly in each other's eyes before they broke out into laughter. Donghae glared at the two as Eunhyuk just laughed at his boyfriend's expression. Sung Ah smiled cheekily over to her brother. Donghae glared in return and was about to retort with a snide comment when his head shot forward.

"Stop making fun of your sister." Ms. Lee said as she gave her son a swat. Donghae groaned as he held the back of his head. Everybody else in the room laughed. Sung Ah's laugh was cut short when she got a swat of her own. 

"Owww! Umma~" Sung Ah whined. Joshua snickered beside her and she pinched his arm.

"Stop antagonizing your brother. And don't whine in front of your boyfriend, he might just realize how much of a brat you are," Ms. Lee said as he jokingly held onto Sung Ah's ear. "No fighting on family dinner night. I don't get to see you two often and I don't like you fighting."

"Yes Umma." Donghae and Sung Ah chimed. Ms. Lee smiled at her children and then walked back into the kitchen.

"Thank you for setting the table dears. Now take a seat and let me bring dinner out." Sung Ah smiled at Joshua and plopped down in her usual seat at the dining table.

"Come on, sit beside me." Sung Ah said happily as she patted the empty chair beside her.

"Gladly my lovely." Joshua said as he pulled out the chair. He grabbed Sung Ah's hand in his own and kissed the back of her hand. Sung Ah blushed a little bit and Donghae made a fake vomiting noise from across the table.

"Please, do get a room." Donghae murmured. Eunhyuk laughed at his boyfriend and pecked his cheek.

"Leave them alone Fishie," Eunhyuk said as he petted Donghae's shoulder. "You remember what we were like at that phase."

"I know what they're like at this phase." Sung Ah whispered to Joshua, who started to chuckle. 

"Who's hungry?" Ms. Lee asked as she brought out the steaming plates and placed them on the table. They were about to jump at the food when Ms. Lee cleared . "Let's take a moment of silence." Joshua looked over at Sung Ah, eyebrows furrowed. She nudged him and pointed to the empty spot at the head of the table where the father would usually sit. He nodded in understanding, closed his eyes and put his head down.

After a few moments of silence, Ms. Lee spoke once again. "Now you can eat." The four children immediately began to dig into the food. Soon after he started eating, Joshua spoke up.

"Wow Ms. Lee this is really good," Joshua said in earnest. "I love my mom and everything, but this is something else."

"Kiss ." Donghae muttered under his breath. Sung Ah, having heard him, kicked him from underneath the table. Donghae's knee jerked up, hitting the table and causing the dishes to rattle. Ms. Lee glanced disapprovingly at her children before smiling at Joshua.

"Thank you dear. And please, call me Kyunghee. I'm glad you're enjoying it, so eat up."


Soon after dinner was finished, the family gameplay ensued. Eunhyuk easily kicked everybody's butts at Just Dance, but Joshua beat everybody at Cheat. Who would have thought that he would have such a good poker face? Sung Ah gloated merrily when she won Halo, to which Donghae was bitter and constantly insisted that she was looking at his screen (she was). Soon after Ms. Lee won her third game in a row of Catan, the family decided to call it a night.

"Did you have fun tonight?" Sung Ah asked as they sat in the car. She looked over at Joshua, hoping that he did.

"I did, I love your family. They're all so lively."

"Really?" Sung Ah asked sceptically. "Even Donghae?" 

"Yes, even Donghae. He's just protective over you and doesn't want you to get hurt. I understand that." Joshua said. Sung Ah smiled softly at him and leaned over to give him a small peck on the lips.

"I'm happy you had fun. I'd like you to come to as many family bonding nights as possible."

"Of course! I love your family almost as much as I love you," Joshua said chuckling. Sung Ah froze. Joshua immediately picked up on it and went white. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. Was that too soon? Did I just freak you out? Are you going to break-" Joshua was cut off by Sung Ah's lips. He was caught off guard, but easily sank into the kiss. Once they parted, she began to giggle.

"I love you too you dork."



Ahhh, I took even longer than before to update. I am so so sorry. My old laptop started to malfuction and then it died. I have a tablet, but writing on there is absolutely torturous and I couldn't do it. Thankfully, I'm able to write still, but that's what took so long. I made it a tad bit longer than usual as repentence. I recently got a boyfriend and it inspired a lot of the fluff that is present in the scenario. 

Word Count: 1714

Finished: 04/08/2016