TOP- pegase2311

Falling Maple Leaves Request Shop ((Winner, ASTRO, B.A.P., Block B, NCT, and K.A.R.D. added!))

Bigbang's T.O.P.

When TOP falls in love with her smile



Choi Seunghyun looked across the room as he took another sip of his drink. He rolled his eyes and leaned against the wall behind him. Honestly, this mixer was absolutely boring. The whole point of the mixer was so idols under different labels could get to know each other. It was all pointless because people from the same labels were just sticking to each other.

Seunghyun placed his drink down on a nearby table and sighed. He just wanted to get out of here. His schedule that day tired him out more than usual and he could feel the day’s work getting to him. Seunghyun had been there an hour already, along with his bandmates. He’d put in enough of an appearance to look polite and now he could get the hell out of there.

He looked across the room, trying to spot the least conspicuous exit to make his disappearance. As he scanned the room, his eyes locked with somebody. Seunghyun didn’t her at all and his eyebrows furrowed. This event was only for idols, no trainees allowed. He felt his heart skip a beat as she sent a mischievous smile and turned around, her hair flipping over her shoulder gracefully. Seunghyun wanted to follow her, but was interrupted by his bandmate starting a conversation with him. Who was that woman? And how did she get her smile to be so beautiful?


The next time he saw her was while she was onstage. He was sitting in the crowd along with the rest of Bigbang as they awaited the next act. Seunghyun always enjoyed these events because it allowed him to hear new artists live. The MC came over the loudspeaker and announced the debut of a new girl group from Starship Entertainment. Seunghyun’s mind was jogged a little bit as he remembered hearing something about them. Having such a busy schedule promoting their new album though meant he wasn’t able to do extensive research on them. Not that he usually cared, but this rookie group was important to him. All because of her.

The music began to play as the stage lights brightened up. There were four women standing on the stage in seemingly mismatched outfits. One of them caught Seunghyun’s eyes though. It was her, the girl from the mixer a month ago. The one he hadn’t been able to get off of his mind. He watched as her eyes scanned the crowd anxiously. Her eyes passed over his table and she looked at him. Seunghyun gave her a small, hopefully encouraging smile. He knew what the debut stage was like; it felt like life or death. In return, she sent him a smile filled with excitement and nervous energy. Once again, Seunghyun’s heart skipped a beat at the sight of her grin.

Finally, the girls began to dance and sing their debut song. They were good, he had to admit. But he couldn’t take his eyes off of her. Seunghyun swore that he would learn the woman’s name

That night, Seunghyun learned the woman’s name. Bora. It wasn’t a particularly outstanding name, but Seunghyun thought that it suited her. Normally Seunghyun didn’t follow up on rookie groups, but because of Bora he did. He looked up their profiles and promotional pictures. Bora wore the same kind of smile in those photos, but something seemed to be missing. Even though she was absolutely stunning, Seunghyun thought that her smile wasn’t as genuine. When he looked at the pictures in magazines or on the Internet, his heart didn’t skip a beat. Seunghyun couldn’t wait until he could see her smile in person again.


It was quite a while before Seunghyun’s wish came true. Bigbang was working on a new album and there were lyrics to sing and dances to learn. For three months, Seunghyun’s schedule was absolutely packed. The only time he had to think about Bora’s grin was in the long car rides when everybody else was asleep. Seunghyun would think about her beaming smile and picture it almost perfectly in his mind. Every time he thought about the smile, his heart picked up its pace. A dopey, lovesick grin would also find its way onto his face. His bandmates thought he was a lunatic.

After what felt like years since Seunghyun had seen her beautiful smile, he finally got to see it again. They were both backstage for a concert and Seunghyun was exhausted. They had a huge fan signing event the day before and his cheeks ached from the constant smile plastered on his face. And every time a fan smiled at him, Seunghyun couldn’t help but compare their smile to Bora’s. He knew though that nothing could ever top her smile. Seunghyun rubbed his face and sighed, not ready to perform their new song. It was a good song, but he was too tired to be as excited as normal.

Seunghyun jumped a little bit when he felt a hand land upon his shoulder. He assumed it was a band member and was about to bite off their head. When Seunghyun whipped his body around, he noticed that it wasn’t actually his bandmate. It was her. The same Bora whose smile he couldn’t get out of his mind or heart.

Bora had a nervous smile on her face, scared that her senior would scold her for touching him. Seunghyun’s heart picked up as he looked at her face. His exhaustion from the past couple of days dissipated quickly due to her presence. It was as if Bora was his happy little pill. Seunghyun cleared his throat and gave her a smile in return. The nervousness in Bora’s smile melted and gave way to happiness. In truth, she couldn’t stop thinking about his smile either. Even though he was usually stoic, the sight of Seunghyun’s smile made Bora go weak in the knees.

They sat there for the rest of the show and between their performances, just talking. Bora and Seunghyun exchanged numbers and their friendship began.


Seunghyun looked around the coffee shop. It was a little place that many people didn’t know about because it didn’t have any street advertisement. Which meant that it was a perfect place for Bora and Seunghyun to have their first date. Seunghyun couldn’t believe that he was finally having his first date with her. The butterflies that were fluttering in his stomach refused to let up as he looked for Bora. Finally, Seunghyun spotted a figure in the corner with a bright face mask. He smiled underneath his own facemask and headed over to where Bora was staring out the window.

“Hello there.” Seunghyun said, his voice slightly hoarse. God, he was so nervous. Seunghyun wiped his slightly sweaty palm on his pants. Bora looked up at him and smiled. It was concealed by the face mask, but Seunghyun could picture her beautiful teeth perfectly in his head.

“Hey yourself.” Bora said, her voice happy. She was very happy on the outside, but on the inside she was a million times more excited. Seunghyun gulped and sat down across from her. He took a cursory glance around the coffee shop and noticed that nobody else was there. Seunghyun took off his facemask and smiled over at Bora. She also took off her face mask and Seunghyun saw her brilliant grin.

Every time she smiled, Seunghyun fell in love all over again. It was her smile that had gotten him the first time and now it was her smile that got him every time after. And every time Seunghyun looked into her eyes, he knew that she was it. He had never believed in soulmates or ‘the one’ and all of that hogwash. But every time Seunghyun looked at Bora and took in everything about her, he knew that she was his one. There would be nobody else after her. Of this, Seunghyun was certain.



I'm sorry that it took so long and is still crappy. I wanted to try something like this and I don't think it came out very well. Request again and I'll do better with your next one ;-;

On a side note, I'm happy you picked TOP because he's my Bigbang bias and kind of reminds me of a Korean Spock. If they were to ever do Korean Star Trek, I want Choi Seunghyun as Spock. I mean look at those visuals

Word Count: 1319

Finsihed: 24/04/2016