[Continued] Then I Will Confess To You

DaeJae Shorts

Continued from 'who said I was confessing to you' - requested by lynnwhocriedwolf


Daehyun stood, stiff and lips pressed into a thin line, in front of the local grocery shop. His eyes were, gaze firm and stern, on a tub of pre-made bouquets. One had a little note sticking out of it reading “I love you!”. They were various shades of pink and red, all puffy petals and pretty smells.

It would be cheesy. Cheesy and embarrassing.

His hands clenched.

 

Grip firmly around the wrapped stems of a bouquet, Daehyun marched his way back to the dorms. To anyone watching he looked more a man ready to start a fight than one about to give flowers. He held the flowers with such vicious determination that he may as well have been holding a bomb. He attracted a few stares from his strangely aggressive body language combined so contrastingly to the bouquet.

He reached the dorms and took a moment, waiting for his hand to stop shaking so he could steady his key enough to unlock the door. He pushed his way into the building, staggering his way to the shared space with the flowers held out before him. The other members, who were lounging around chatting calmly, barely had a moment to turn their heads around before the words spilled out of him.

“Youngjae will you go out with me?”

There was a stunned silence.

Youngjae stared, eyes wide and mouth hanging open at Daehyun, who's hair has somehow become a little windswept and his face bright red. After a moment he shook the surprise off, stood, and marched towards the older man. Not saying a word, he put a hand to his shoulder and pushed him out of the room.

“Youngjae?” Daehyun said uncertainly as the two left the room, “is this a no? Or... Did I mess up?”

Youngjae stopped him in the hallway and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Um.”

“Really? Just like that? In front of the entire group?”

“I-”

“Don't you think this is more of a personal thing? You think you can just march in here with- with these really lovely flowers... And make some massive public demand for my affection? You think that'll work?”

Daehyun's face burned with shame and he looked down at his feet. “I... I thought-”

“Well it did.”

He looked up sharply, neck nearly clicking with the force. Youngjae was smiling at him, cheeks slightly rosy.

“The flowers are beautiful,” Youngjae said, taking the bouquet and smelling it, eyes closing for a moment, “Thank you.”

“Wait I'm confused,” Daehyun managed out, mind racing, “s-so... Is this a yes?”

“It's a yes,” the younger replied, giving him a half smirk.

“Oh! That's- That's great!” He let out a relieved breath. “Wow, um, I didn't really plan past this point.”

“Let me help you with that,” Youngjae said, setting the flowers aside. He cupped his hands along Daehyu's jaw, gazing into his eys for a moment, before leaning in and kissing him.