[fluff] Waking Up

DaeJae Shorts

Waking up next to Youngjae never got old, Daehyun found. The younger vocalist slept peacefully, lips slightly parted and fluffy hair flopped about his face. One side of his face would be slightly squashed where he'd nuzzled into the pillow.

Most days, if he wasn't in a rush, Daehyun would reach a finger out and gently brush the dark locks from the other's face and his soft cheek. Youngjae's eyes would flicker a little and his lips twitch, but he wouldn't wake. Sometimes he'd stir slightly and let out a small sigh, which would have Daehyun stifling himself as he tried not to make any adoring noises that might wake his lover.

Depending on the day, he would wake Youngjae in different ways. Some days he would simply his hair until the sleeping man woke up from the touches, or he would lean in and place gentle kisses wherever wasn't lost in the pillows and bedsheets until Youngjae would either bat him away or kiss him back. Some days he would sing gently like a far kinder alarm clock, or whisper his name. On a rare day he would leave and get dressed, leaving the other to wake naturally, and then return with breakfast on a tray for the sleepy-eyed younger.

Some days, like today, he would lean in very close to Youngjae and take a deep breath. He would make sure it would definitely be right, then belt out the loudest highest note he could manage.

Youngjae woke with a jerk, kicking the bedsheets off and scrambling around, panicked and dazed. Daehyun fell into a fit of sniggers, already backing away and dodging the pillows thrown at him.

“Get here, hyung, I'm going to rip your throat out!” Youngjae screamed as Daehyun sprinted from the room.