VII - Gaiety

Droning Cosmos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

days gone by

All of the Apink members are in their own waiting room, sitting on the black sofa while taking a rest before their performance of NoNoNo on Show! Music Core. The atmosphere was calm and happy, seeing as they were all laughing at Namjoo when she mocked about how Taemin is only looking at Naeun from their previous live stages.

"Ah, Rong-unnie~" Bomi called out.

Chorong replied briefly as she was browsing through their fancafe. "What?"

"You know..." She giggled as she couldn't even finish her sentence. "What is it? You're teasing me again!" Chorong asked again, and glared slightly at her even though Namjoo and Naeun is in between them.

Bomi was still giggling, containing all of the excitement to herself.

"Ah, it's a shame... I'm going to buy food for you anyways... I changed my mind." Chorong quickly put her phone back on the wooden table in front of them, which was full of snacks and beverages, and proudly held her chin up while fixing her hair.

The main dancer of the group gasped, but recovered as soon as possible and sat properly on the couch. She smiled slightly to ask for forgiveness. "Arrasseo, arrasseo. I'll stop, unnie."

When Bomi and Chorong were finished arguing, two loud knocks grabbed their attention, Eunji asked who it was and all of them turned their heads at which two idols appeared from the opening door. Apink were surprised, exclaiming 'omo's' for the most part and they all bowed down to the EXO members which were Sehun and Xiumin.

Naeun asked immediately, still surprised and confused as to why they came inside their waiting room. "Why did you come to our room?"

The two counted, 'hana, dul, set', and then moderately raised their voices when they said, "We are one! Annyeonghaseyo, EXO-imnida." Xiumin was holding a large sketchpad and they were smiling awkwardly because of the mission set in mind for their sunbaenim.

Chorong briefly glanced at Bomi who was bowing when they also introduced themselves. She was relieved when she wasn't trying to by giving her weird looks.

Sehun and Xiumin flipped the pages of the sketchpad one by one while the Apink members – except Naeun who is still surprised – were excitedly looking at the visual of their group to see her reaction. She accepts the request from the sketchpad though without any hesitation and the two EXO members stated that they should follow them. Apink, of course, obediently nodded – still lively and excited – and they went outside of their waiting room and into a studio inside the building.

Apink were chattering amongst themselves and Bomi's voice was the loudest as they approached a black curtain. Naeun, Hayoung, and Namjoo peeked in to see what the other side contained and again, they were all shocked with what they saw. They chuckled, unable to believe what was in front of them, and the rest of the Apink members, Bomi, Eunji, and Chorong followed shortly.

Chorong quickly looked for him, glancing everywhere just to find him. Again, she didn't know why. It was probably her instinct since they were almost always talking on the phone whenever they have the time. She wanted to see what her 'text mate' looks like for a while. And at last, it was only half a second when she found him struggling to keep his balance to keep the formation of their dance intact. She was laughing at the sight of him – it was just like when he snorted on the phone call the first time they met each other.

EXO did the three events for Naeun successfully and Apink was happy for their member. They were already eating the meat that EXO prepared for them and the smell it gave off made their stomachs grumble for more. Chorong, without even realizing it, was happily bouncing on the floor; the meat they just ate was just delicious.

Even though the main reason EXO and Apink met together was because of Taemin's mission for Naeun, Suho felt like he victoriously finished his own mission – to finally be able to meet Apink's Park Chorong in person – not away meters from each other, but centimeters instead. He was stealing glances at her whenever the cameras around them aren't filming him, and every time he did, Chorong would also look. It was awkward for him, but he smiled nevertheless and she did so too.

After the shooting for We Got Married, Park Chorong screamed and yelled internally at how her kids are so noisy in the waiting room. Naeun was quietly smiling to herself though while looking at the rosary bracelet that Taemin (indirectly) gave her. She was also happy for the group's visual because she hasn't seen her smile like that before. And even for just a while, she was thankful to Bomi because the thing about Suho – whatever it was – remained a secret between the two of them. She didn't have to worry about anything.

Well, that's what she thought.

Yoon Bomi sneakily walked up to her and nudged her arm. "Unnie, did you two talk earlier?"

"Huh? Who?" She asked, trying to be oblivious to what she's talking about.

"Don't act like that, unnie! You know, Suho-ssi."

As if the mentioning of his name was a cue, a call from him appeared on Chorong's phone which was now placed on the dressing table. "Speak of the devil!" Bomi laughed out loud which caught all of the members' attention.

They all asked what it was about but Chorong could only shake her head, take the phone with her and dash out of the waiting room.

She was surprised though when he saw him there, too, pacing back and forth with his phone held against his ear. She thought that he looked nervous. Was he nervous to talk to her?

Again, she shrugged it off. She's not supposed to overthink little things like that.

"Suho-ssi!" She called out when she made sure no one else was in the hallway.

He spun around to look for the voice and he smiled immediately when he saw her. His cheeks had a tint of red when he ended the call on his phone and the vibrating motion on Chorong's hand disappeared. Suho walked up to her and his reserved, muffled footsteps echoed inside her head.

Chorong spoke first when he was in front of her. His scent lingered too long around her which was strong enough to make her want for more – it also had a little hint of vanilla on it. "Why did you call? Do you need something?" She stopped herself from getting too close in front of him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter