VI - Serendipity

Droning Cosmos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

days gone by

Park Chorong held a piece of torn paper with her left hand while looking at it, and then typed the numbers on her phone with her right. She held her phone up towards her right ear and spoke immediately when the other line picked up. "Yoboseyo?" She was surprised when a man's voice spoke. It was familiar to her, but she couldn't remember whose voice it was. "Yobo? Who's this?" Chorong curled her eyebrows in the process and checked the paper on her left hand; she was worried that she typed in the wrong numbers or maybe Seunghee, her sister, got her own number wrong when she wrote it on the paper.

"Eh? Uhm..." She was taken aback so she didn't know what to say. After a few seconds though, she was about to speak but the man cut her off. "Are you a fan? Please stop, whoever this is. I'm busy."

"What?" Again, she was at a loss for words. How could this happen? How could she have typed in the wrong numbers and somehow contact an idol's phone number?

"Suho! We're starting!"

"Hyung, who are you talking to?"

Nope. It wasn't just any idol's phone number -- it was EXO's Suho's phone number! She was sure of it, because she knows there's no other idol named Suho in South Korea, plus in the background of the phone call, their music Wolf can be heard clearly. Park Chorong was about to apologize to him, but Yoon Bomi surprised her when she opened the door of their bedroom and peeked her head in. "Chorong-unnie! Dinner's ready."

"Ah, arrasseo." She crumpled the paper she was holding and held her phone tightly. "M-Mianhe. Bye." She ended the call abruptly without letting Suho speak. Bomi asked as soon as Chorong put her phone back inside the pocket of her hoodie. "Who was that, unnie?" She felt embarrassed to have accidentally called an up-rising popular Korean boy group's leader so she lied. "Uhm... someone. I got Seunghee's number wrong for some reason. She wrote it incorrectly."

Meanwhile, Suho was still at a shock while he was sitting on the wooden bench inside their dance studio. He couldn't believe that he talked to Park Chorong on the phone, at least for a while. He knew her voice -- that sweet, kid-like voice, it was very recognizable to him. But he wasn’t sure. They probably just have the same name. How did she know his number, though? It was all he could think of before Baekhyun disrupted him from his thoughts. "What is it, hyung? A fan got your number?"

"No... no." He had his elbows on his thighs while he was looking at his phone, and he didn’t even glance at the EXO member. He disheveled his hair out of confusion, and then clicked Chorong's number from the recent contacts. He pressed 'New Message' on a menu and typed. 'Are you Apink's Park Chorong?'

He was just making sure.

Suho was hesitating to press the send button. His hands were shaking a bit for some reason, and then he almost threw his phone when Baekhyun leaned in to look at what he's staring at. He immediately hid his phone out of reflex and eyed his band mate from head to toe. "Yah! Privacy!" From this point on, he knew he was screwed. Baekhyun will talk non-stop about this to the other members. He sighed. "Don't even think about it, Byun Baekhyun. No food for you for one week if you do."

"I don't know, hyung~"

Baekhyun clasped both of his hands and put them behind him and skipped, teasing Suho. The leader put his phone down on the bench and chased him around the dance studio.

Their choreographer called for them, shouting. "Yah! Suho, Baek, we're starting the dance practice."

In the end, Suho indeed sent the text message. He admitted it. He was always watching Apink from afar, even before EXO debuted. There was this one thing that was interesting about them, but he couldn't really comprehend what it was. But he knew another thing for sure, and that is his admiration for Apink's leader – Park Chorong. However, nothing huge grew from that, it was all because of how Chorong leads her members – he was inspired by her.

"Hyung, aren't we going to film with Apink at We Got Married soon?" Suho was startled. He got excited, too. "Huh? We are?" He asked with a slight smile, trying not to be too obvious towards Baekhyun. He was thankful that he didn't try telling the other members what he just witnessed, but at the same time, he's quite annoyed because he knows Baekhyun is going to continuously. It’ll seriously give him a huge headache.

Baekhyun sat with him at the wooden bench. Their dance practice of Wolf for future music shows have finally ended and EXO are now taking a few minutes of rest inside the studio. "Yeah, I think it's at July 6th." The main vocalist of the group brought the towel up from his hands, wiping off all the drops of sweat on his face. "Taemin-sunbaenim asked for help." He said when Suho didn’t react to him.

"Ah, I see." He couldn't get the smile off of his face! He was being too obvious.

Baekhyun had a smirk on his face this time. "Hyung, do you like the leader?"

"What? No!" Suho repeated. "No, I... don't. I just like her...” He stopped to think for a while, and Baekhyun spoke all of a sudden. “Her.” Baekhyun repeated that same word over and over again, annoying Suho. He raised his hands just along his head and made a quoting action with his fingers. “’I like her.’”

“Her leader skills!” Joonmyeon exclaimed. “You don’t let me finish an important sentence, do you?”

“Oh, so noona’s important!” Baekhyun eyed him this time from head to toe and chuckled. He stood up to dodge the leader’s punch.

By that time, Suho's phone vibrated and he quickly grabbed it from the bench they were both sitting on. There were a bunch of other messages, from his mother and old classmates from senior high, but Chorong's message, of course, caught his attention the most. Yes, he has already saved her phone number in his contacts. He grinned from ear to ear with no explainable reason.

From: Chorong (+010-4321-9876)

Yes, I am. Sorry about the call earlier. I thought it was my sister's number. 

I guess she didn't write her number correctly. And you are?

He was still smiling. He still wasn’t sure if it was the real Park Chorong, but he was willing to take the risk. He can’t help not fill his curiosity. Baekhyun stared at him for the longest time because he thought he was weird. Suho didn't even drink right after the dance pract

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter