Ninth Note: Summer 2016

상태: 에서 움직이는
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 9 - Summer 2016
Song of the Chap: Narcissus by Heechul x  Wheein x Kim Jung Mo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W16RU4e_Kf0

On an early morning at St. Luke's, Yongsun, a chaebol doctor, called for everyone in the discussion room. "Announcement!"

"Get it quick, Yongsun-ah. We have a surgery in twenty minutes." A thoracic surgeon said.

"Oh, okay." She looked at the door. "Please come in." A girl, quite small for her age, came inside. "This is Lee Hayi. She's the daughter of Madam Chou, the ahjumma whom we get our sanitation supplies. She's also an ER doctor from our Chicago sister hospital. Please don't treat her indifferently."

"Nae, Yongsun." One nodded after another so Yongsun smiled.

"Nae, now, please go back to your work." Yongsun bowed then stepped off the podium. She nudged Hayi. "Yah, are you really gonna work for the ER?"

Hayi nodded. "Yeah. I'm naturally for emergency response."

Youngsun smiled brightly and nodded. Soon, a guy approached them. "Yongsun-ah. Kaja."

"Oh, Hayi, this is Bogum. Another doctor." Yongsun introduced him.

"I know him. He lives in our hometown." Hayi looked at the man straight in the eye and said, "Wow, is your hair from the 70's or something?" Quite bluntly.

Embarrassed, Bogum touched his hair. "S-sorry." Bogum shyly said.

"Hayi-ah! That's mean."

"I wasn't insulting him. I was describing him."

Yongsun shook her head and saw Hanbin approaching. "Oh, Hanbin!"

"Mian. I got jammed at that traffic." Hanbin arrived quite late. He had his hair unkempt and he desperately tries to straighten in on. Soon, he saw Hayi. He smiled a bit. "Oh, it's been a while."

"Yeah, it has. Hello, Hanbin."

Mina at the side with Terrence, glanced then glared at the pair. "Something's fishy about them." Mina crossed her arms. "You know that I grew up with Hayi. I almost thought there was something between them years ago."

Terrence rolled his eyes. "Of course something's fishy. They used to have a thing in med school! And from what I've heard, they took each other's ity."

Mina glared at her best friend. " up those hormones of yours, Terrence."

"Ay, at least I don't watch a."

"Why? Do I watch them?" Mina crossed her arms. "Oh, you don't?" She asked mockingly. "Then what the hell was that flash drive about, huh?" Without any second thought, Mina pulled his ear harshly.

"Ow! Ow! My ear!"

"You must be crazy, huh?!"

"Mina, Terrence, enough." Yongsun called out. "You guys are doctors. God, please, no pulling of hair."

"Oh, hi, Hayi." Mina greeted. "Does Tzuyu know you're here already?"

Tzuyu's name piqued Hanbin's curiosity. "Ani, oh, I don't know. She's not in their home at Punturin when I went there."

"Oh, is that so?"

"Please get back to work." Yongsun pleaded.

×××

As soon as Hayi exit the gate, she saw the person she had a deal with. "Wow , you're early." Hayi commented.

"So much for a first meeting."

"Hell with the first meeting bullcrap." Hayi fought back. Hayi was never the shy type. In reality, she's called the Kind . She's kind but she can be very icy and she curses alot. "I thought I wouldn't be able to see that snuck up face of yours."

"Well, we have to talk about a few matters." Yeri said.

"I have nothing to say to you." Hayi almost walked pass Yeri until she said the magic words.

"Tax forms?"

"Sht." Hayi cursed and looked at Yeri. "Hell with you."

"And you too."

Yeri and Hayi went to the nearest coffee shop and Yeri had that evil smile on her face which seems to disgust Hayi to the fullest. "Let's get this over with, shall we?"

"Oh, right." Yeri smiled devilishly. "Just flirt with him. I have an asset to do the rest. Then your tax forms are saved."

"What kind of flirting?"

"Enough to make Tzuyu break up with him."

Hayi clenched her fist. "You evil wench."

"Call me evil, but you're one, too, right?"

"Don't ever compare me to you. You're a hell lower."

Yeri smirked then stood up. She placed a hand on Hayi's shoulder and said, "Just remember what I have, okay?"

Hayi pushed her hand away. "And remember." Hayi stood up to look at her eye. "I am the adopted daughter of Madam Loma Chou." Hayi left the cafe and called a cab.

××××

"Annyeong." Hanbin came to Hayi's office with a coffee in his hand. "A welcome gift. Don't worry, it's on me."

"Figures." Hayi said as she took the coffee from his hand. She took a sip. "How are you, Hanbin?"

"Fine." He said shortly. "Oh, how are you related to Tzuyu?"

"Nothing you need to know." Then Hayi took another sip. She glanced at him with a flirty glance. "I heard you're dating. You can always cheat with me." She said with a flirty tone.

"Can't."

"And why not?"

"Pfft." Hanbin chuckled. "Why, would you enjoy having your scalp teared by a queen?"

"Queen?"

"My girlfriend is a scary one. Like a total tsundere, at that."

Hayi smirked. "You must like her that much."

"Well, It's that." Then Hayi leaned in for a forceful kiss. With her hands, she soon pulled two buttons from the polo. Hanbin held her hand. "What are you doing, Hayi?!"

"Oh come on, you stole my ity anyway! And nobody's going to know." She pushed him onto the sofa. Then she sat on his lap as she started to kiss him more. But this time, Hanbin pushed her away.

"You know I can't."

"But you can."

"I can't. I won't risk Tzuyu." He bid farewell then Hayi sat on her chair.

Saddened and humiliated she muttered, "Sorry, Tzuyu."

××××

"Engineer Chou." A girl knocked on the office door. It happens to be the receptionist. "You have a visitor."

But during that time, Tzuyu was talking to someone. "Uh, I'll call you back, Krys. But don't worry. Hanbin and I will be home." She looked at the receptionist. "Who is it?"

"Hey." Jisoo popped into the office and made himself comfortable by sitting on the sofa. "Oh, nice place you got here. Air conditioned, city view and a Mac Computer. Now that's more like it." He groaned. "Waay better than large computers dishing around cybercrimes."

Tzuyu looked at him. "Yah, I always wanted your job."

"Want to exchange jobs? Bet you can't last a year due to the government salary. That part the most." Jisoo came to Tzuyu's office hoping he can finally tell the truth to his best friend.

"Hey, what's up?" Tzuyu asked.

"I need to tell you something."

"What? That you're going to a deadly mission and you have to write a will?"

"Are we in Descendants of the Sun? And please! We don't do that. Soldiers do that but not us."

"Is Eunji pregnant?"

Jisoo's eyes widened. "No! --" he stopped for a bit. "I mean, not yet. It's still not in our plans yet."

"That's a shame." Then she gasped. "Did Eunji see your adult novels?"

"I don't have any."

Tzuyu blinked. "Yah. Whose novel was that one? You know, when we were teenagers?"

"Tzuyu, Dahyun!" Minhyuk suddenly arrived, panting as he saw Tzuyu with Dahyun.

"What is it?"

"Jisoo -- he's in the Discipline office."

"Eh?!" The two girls, shocked, looked at one another. They admit that their squad's boys are very playful but they weren't the type to make a mess or rebel at all.

"Yah, why was he sent there?" Tzuyu asked.

"Fifty shades."

"He was caught reading that?!" Tzuyu, startled, asked.

"Does he even read books, in general?" Dahyun asked Tzuyu.

"He does." Tzuyu groaned. " stuffs."

"But Jisoo wasn't reading it that time. Terrence's phone rang and we all know that Mrs. Berry's Filipino class is absolutely no to cellphones and so Mrs. Berry had that search for phone operation. And then boom! She found it under his desk."

"Okay why are you calling us, then?" Tzuyu asked.

"Pull some strings, please."

"Not gonna happen." Tzuyu immediately regected him. "I have a relatively good record in front of the disciplinarians, so no."

"That was Terrence's!" Jisoo crossed his arms. "But can't I go to my agenda?"

"Oh, what is it?"

"It's --"

Tzuyu cut him off because her computer made a popping sound. A signal that the message arrived. "Oh, wait." Tzuyu clicked the message and when she saw what was sent to her, her eyes went wide and she stood from her seat.

"What's that?" Jisoo came next to her. And what he saw shocked him. Damn.

It was Hanbin's video with Hayi.

Tzuyu's legs loses its will power and she fell back to her seat. "What the hell is that?"

Jisoo had his fists clenched, anger raising to the top of his head. "Yah, let's go to that freaking hospital."

××××

Tzuyu and Hanbin came to the hospital. Park Bogum saw them. "Oh, Tzuyu."

 

"Bogum, get me Hanbin." Tzuyu with intense eyes, told her childhood friend.

"Nae." Bogum said meekly. On his way, he saw Yongsun.

"You look scared. What's up?"

"Her royal iciness has arrived to kill her consort." Bogum said with a scared tone as he ran off to get Hanbin. He immediately ran to the ward, where Hanbin was doing his rounds. "Hanbin!"

"Oh, Bogum."

"It's Tzuyu." Hanbin raised a brow then went to his girlfriend who was waiting in the lobby. As soon as Tzuyu saw Hanbin, she prepared to slap him, however, Jisoo stopped her hand.

"Go somewhere private." Jisoo said.

Tzuyu nodded. "We need to talk." She said calmly. But Hanbin saw the intensity in her eyes. She knows?

But Hanbin just nodded. "Let's go." Hanbin quietly led her to the roof top. After a few minutes of waiting, Tzuyu finally spoke up.

"What the hell was that about? Don't you dare play denial because I can see the top buttons of your polo gone." She said as she pointed his polo.

He held her hand. “Will you let me explain?"

She coldly removed her hand from his grasp. "Yeah sure. Explain all you want."

He put his hands in his pockets and started. "She was a fling before and we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter