Final Note : Our Happy Ending

상태: 에서 움직이는
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 - Our Happy Ending

Song of the Chapter: I See You by Kang Min Hyuk

Eunji ran to the hospital with Jisoo's life at stake. When she got there, it was as if time was messing with her. Terrence was there.

"What the heck happened? Last week it was Tzuyu, now this guy! Is my squad a squad of accidents?!" Frustrated, he ran his hand through his hair and heaved a heavy sigh.

"He got hit by a truck when we just got out of court." Eunji explained.

"Terrific. A court accident. Paramedics, let me count one two three. On three, move him to the hospital bed." Then he counted. "One, two, three."
The doctors and nurses ran to the emergency room.

"Heol! What happened?" Hanbin asked as he entered the emergency room. He checked his pulse. "This is bad. Call someone from cardio-thoracic."

"Wae? What's going on?" Eunji worriedly asked.

"Eunji, prepare for the worst. This is traumatic aortic rupture. I've seen this in books but I've never thought I'd see one on my resident days." Hanbin bit his lower lip and monitored Jisoo's pulse.

"Cut the jargons, please!" She pleaded.

"It means that he might die! So calm down. A genius is coming down."

Yongsun, the so-called genius came. "Where is he?" She asked an intern

"Over here, Yongsun-ah." Hanbin said as he waved his hand.

"Thank you, Hanbin." Then she checked on Jisoo.  "Vitals?"

"Blood pressure is high on the upper body while it's low on the lower body."

"We don't have time. It's Traumatic Aortic Rupture. Call a professor. And tell the ones who'll scrub in to prepare their mentalities. Worst case scenario is a table death. I'll scrub in with Hanbin." Hanbin nodded and he pushed the hospital bed to the operating room.

"Will he be okay?" Eunji asked Terrence.

"Hopefully." Terrence heaved a heavy sigh. You can see that he's also panicking. "Mina and Hanbin are in the operating room. We don't usually allow relatives or friends to operate, but Mina has to do it somehow."

Eunji nodded and gave a silent prayer.

Meanwhile, inside the operating room, Professor Ok started the surgery.

"Mina, you guys are friends with this guy?" He asked Mina.

"Yes, Professor."

"Then prepare yourself."

"Nae."

Then the Professor started the surgery. "Fany, What's the blood pressure?"

"Stable, doctor." The anesthesiologist answered.

"Yongsun, go to the blood bank next door. This is aortic rupture. We can't lose blood." He instructed her.

"Nae." Yongsun said then she dashed out of the operating room.

"Hanbin, hold the clamp." The Professor instructed.

"Yes, sir."

Then the Professor started stitching the rupture. Just as he started that, the anesthesiologist alarmed them. "Professor, we need blood! The vitals are no longer stable!"

"Sht." The Professor cursed. "Where is Yongsun?" Just in time, Yongsun arrived. "Palli!"

"Nae!"

***

Meanwhile, outside the operating room, Tzuyu arrived with Vernon, Minhyuk, Dahyun, Nayeon and Ravi. And boy, she was panicking. "What happened?! He was hit by a truck?!"

"Chill out, Tzuyu." Vernon tried to calm her down.

"How can I calm down?!" She sat down and bit her lower lip. "Don't you remember the three A4 papers that we had to write when Jisoo got suspended?"

"Is that your worry?!" Dahyun and Nayeon said at the same time.

"He'll be fine!" Tzuyu reasoned

"How can you be so sure, Tzu?" Hakyeon asked as he arrived so suddenly.

"Mina and my boyfriend are in there. They're doing their very best." Tzuyu assured them with her strong will.

"You have a point. Mina won't let Jisoo die that easily." Minhyuk added.

Then Nayeon's phone rang. "Oh, Prosecutor Lee. It's you!"

"Too many Minhyuk." Tzuyu commented.

"Shh!" Nayeon scolded. "Nae?" Then she put it in speaker.

"Is the whole squad there?" Prosecutor Lee asked through the speaker phone.

"Yeah. What up, Minhyuk?" Tzuyu ran her hand through her hair. "Ugh this is so frustrating! How am I supposed to talk to two Minhyuk-s!"

"Put up your frustrations for a sec, Tzuyu. This is about Jisoo."

"What about Jisoo?" Ravi asked.

"Jisoo's accident isn't actually an accident." He sighed. "It was the psychotic ex-girlfriend's plan."

"How did you know?" Dahyun asked sharply.

"The driver fessed up."

"How?"

"I used my own methods, of course."

"Now, where is that wench, Yeri?" Dahyun asked once more.

"In hiding. Seoul."

"What are we gonna do? Bring this up to International court?!" Nayeon asked.

"No. We just have to wait. The girl is already not allowed to travel back. So South Korea will manage." Minhyuk explained with confidence.

"That's the least we can do for the baby." Tzuyu said.

"There we go again with the baby issue." Minhyuk commented.

Tzuyu sighed. "Mianhae."

"It's fine. We're doing it for the kid, so, it'll be okay." Ravi assured them. Other than Tzuyu, Ravi's the one worrying about the kid.

But oh so suddenly, Jisoo's mom came in and slapped Eunji hard. She was about to pull her hair but Nayeon, Dahyun pulled Mrs. Kim and Tzuyu and Minhyuk pulled Eunji out of the way. "Stay behind me." Minhyuk quietly said.

"Let me go! That woman killed my son! My Jisoo!"

"Umonim. Calm down. This is not her fault." Tzuyu tried to reason.

"Ani! This wench is the reason why my son is in surgery."

"Who called Madam Kim, again?" Tzuyu whispered.

"She found it out by accident. I happened to be in a legal battle for the Kims and then Terrence called me." Nayeon said and apologized quickly.

Tzuyu glared at Terrence. "If my Jisoo dies, I'll sue you!" Madam Kim scoffed and left.

Eunji fell on her seat and the other girls sat next to her. Soon, Hayi came. "Is it true?"

"Nae." Tzuyu confirmed. Hayi smirked.

"That stupid brat. He doesn't even care about the worries the others would feel."

Tzuyu pat her shoulder. "He'll be fine. There are damn good doctors inside."

Soon, the doctors came out and so did Mina and Hanbin. Terrence immediately asked, "How was it?"

"And no jargons, honey." Tzuyu reminded Hanbin.

"Oh, he'll be fine. The surgery's a success."

Tzuyu hugged Hanbin and the others sighed. But then she remembered something. She turned back to her friends. "Yah. Who's going to write the Mother Report?"

Mina and Terrence walked away. "Hey, we have to go back to the ward."

"Let's go, Mina-sshi."

Eunji stood up and wiped her tears. "Uh, I have to pay the bills."

"Let me help with the bills. Come on Ravi." Minhyuk said as he left as well.

Tzuyu realized the situation and pulled Hanbin with her. "You did well. Gomawo. Sorry, we have to talk."

"Can I eavesdrop?" Hakyeon said as he followed the couple.

Vernon rolled his eyes. He knew it. He's the one who's gonna do it. "Why does the character with no screen time gets to do all the hard work?!"

***

In a few hours, Jisoo woke up. It was in the middle of the night and he saw Hayi, sleeping on the sofa. He tried to sit up, but his stitches hurt. "Ow."

"What are you doing?" Hayi stood and sat by the bedside. "You shouldn't stand up, you crazy brat."

"What happened?" Then he remembered something. "Where's Eunji? Is she okay?"

She glared at him and stood up, angry. "Are you even human?! Eunji didn't get a scratch yet you went through aortic rupture but the first thing you ask is where is Eunji? Are you that stupid?"

He realized what happened and immediately apologized. "I'm sorry."

"You're kidding me, aren't you? You got me worried sick!" She exclaimed.

"Mianhae. Jinja. Mianhae."

"And all you're going to say is sorry?!"

"I'm really sorry."

With a knock, Eunji came inside. "You're awake?" Eunji asked. Hayi twisted her heel."

"I have to go."

"Where?"

"I'm on night shift."

"You don't do night shift."

"I am, now." With that, she left.

"You okay?" Jisoo asked Eunji worriedly.

"Yeah. Just a scratch." She smiled and held his hand.

"You should go back to London quickly. Your dad's waiting for you." He told her. "How did he handle the fake marriage?"

"You know my father." She smiled. "Thank you, Jisoo. You gave me and Inguk the best timing we could have."

"No problem. Even if it caused this, it's fine." Soon, another visitor, Vernon, came in. "You're here?"

Vernon dropped the papers on his bed. "These are three back-to-back A4 papers with a narrative report on what the hell happened to you." He rolled his eyes. "I barely got screen time! And the only screen time I get is the hard work!"

"Wouldn't you like that? The readers will adore you for being hardworking." Eunji encouraged him. "And us detectives are used to that."

"Oh yeah. An investigator got hit by a crazy truck. A big deal for the whole cop universe. And it's not just any investigator, it's Kim Jisoo. The Heir of the Kim Empire!"

"Wow, Vernon, you can write a drama."

"I know. Give that to your Mom. I have to go. Ayi's waiting for me." Vernon said and he left the room.

"Bye."

Eunji smiled. "You're very lucky. Your friends adore you to the fullest. I have no fears on leaving you here." She smiled widely. "And it looks like the real love finally came. I know I stopped you two a year ago, so go for it, Jisoo."

Jisoo smiled a genuine smile. "Gomawo, Eunji."

"Be happy, this time around, it's for real."

***

Eunji left Jisoo's room so Hayi went back in. She sat on the chair next to the bed and stared at him. "What did you two talk about?"

"Nothing much." He said.

"Is that so?"

"Do you have a movie?" Jisoo asked as he crossed his arm.

"Batman vs Superman."

"Can we watch that?" He requested.

"Sure." Hayi complied and then bought her laptop on the table and played the movie.

Jisoo started to hold Hayi's small hand. "Let me tell you something, Hayi."

"What?"

"You went to the cybercrime office a year ago wearing a superman shirt."

"And you were wearing batman."

Jisoo smiled. "So did you wait for me?"

"After that break-up? Did you expect me to? When I heard you were getting married, I got crazy." She explained as she moved over to the bed.

"The first thing you did was call me, right? I had an earful." He chuckled at the memory.

Hayi smiled as she remembered the scene months ago.

"What, Krys? You're spending money on international calls." Hayi asked as she got a phone call from Krystal.

"Didn't you date Jisoo?"

"I'm still dating him, wae?"

"Eh? He's marrying Eunji."

Hayi, who was eating her usual rations, dropped her spoon. "MWO?!" She ended the call and called Jisoo.

"Yah? You're marrying Eunji?!"

"Oh, Chill, Hayi. Its fake!"

"What fake?"

"It's the reason why I came back here. But the marriage is totally fake."

"Fake my ." Annoyed, she ended the call.

"But what matters is now." Jisoo took his phone from the bedside table. "Do you want to go back to memory lane with me?"

"Okay. What happens next?"

"We'd get married. For real."

***

A year ago in Las Vegas, a girl wearing a superman shirt with her friend entered the Cybercrime division. This girl is who we call Lee Hayi and Shin Ji Min.

"So, two doctors are victims of cybercrime." Jisoo, still a rookie investigator, said as he looked at the two doctors. "You two are saying that your stripping videos, which are done in the locker rooms when you changed into your scrubs were recorded and posted to an adult website?"

Hayi rolled her eyes impatiently. "Do you want me to give you the site? Or you probably saw that site earlier."

"Oh, no. We looked it up already. And we know the IP Address."

Suddenly, another investigator came in. "The IP is from a computer rental shop, so it's a dead end."

"We pay taxes. Do your job." Hayi said as she and Jimin stood up.

Jisoo stopped them before they took another step. "Do you mind if you bring me to the locker room?"

Hayi looked hesitant but still nodded. "Okay."

The pair went to the hospital and then to the said locker room. Jisoo started talking while looking around. "Have we met before?"

"You're Tzuyu's friend, right?" Hayi asked.

"You know her?"

"Her grandmother is my adoptive mom."

"I see. Mind if you can stand where you were when the video was taken?"

Hayi nodded and stood at the spot. "Uh, sure."

"So if the video angle is right here... hey, who has their locker here?"

"Doctor Vermont Chase?" Confused, she asked.

"You sound confused."

She shook her head. "I can't imagine him doing that."

"Well, that's inevitable. Where's this Doctor Chase?" He asked. But before Hayi could even answer--

"Hayi!" Jimin suddenly barged to the room.

"Yes?"

"Open your Facebook."

Jisoo opened his as well and he dashed out of the room. He saw Dr. Chase on the halls and grabbed his wrist. "Yah. You're under arrest for cybercrime and violation of human rights."

"What did I do? I just posted two hot girls and--" then Jisoo hit him. He cuffed him and pushed him out of the hospital.

***

During his work hours, Jisoo got a call. He groaned and answered it. "Hello?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter