Eighth Note: True or False?

상태: 에서 움직이는
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 8 - True or False?
Song of the Chapter: REWIND by Gavy NJ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StjshCecsJc

***

Ever since the event, nothing significant happened to the group. Then they finally got back to Manila. Jisoo and Eunji, still troubled by what they saw, finally faced the woman they need to face. They went to Ortigas, a large business center then went to Bad Ding Tower. When they got in the lobby, they passed through the receptionist.

"Yes, how can I help you?" The receptionist politely asked.

Jisoo bought out his id and said, "Official police business."

Eunji also bought our her ID. "We came to speak to the General Manager." She crossed her arms. "Again, we will not search, because we don't have a warrant. But we will still talk to the General Manager."

The receptionist bowed then called the general manager. 
 

Kim Yeri.

"Well, what a suprise to find you here." Yeri said. She had a sly smile on her face and the look that never gets old.

"Don't make me want to chop your neck." Eunji remarked with obvious annoyance.

"Of course." Yeri smirked then turned around. "Let's go to my office so you could chop my neck privately."

When they got into the office, Eunji immediately said, "No drinks. You drugged Irene with that."

Yeri, although taken aback, maintained her composure. "Well, perhaps you're right."

Jisoo looked around her office. A picture frame, a computer and tons of papers are found on her office table. Soon, he saw a blueprint. "What's this for?" He asked.

"The hotel's blueprints. Why'd you ask?"

Jisoo shrugged. "Nothing. So you can read blueprints?"

"I enjoyed reading them. I am fond of architecture, you see." Yeri said with sarcasm. "Now, enough with this. I am a very busy woman and so are you." She smiled. "I mean, both of you are in the same department on cybercrime, right?"

"Do you want me to sugar-coat this or do you want me to cut to the chase?" Eunji said, imitating Tzuyu's words. "I am coming here as Detective Jung Eunji. Not as Eunji."

"I am aware. Then let us cut to the chase."

"Okay. Then why the hell did you do that to Tzuyu?" Jisoo asked as he was clenching his fist to control his anger.

Yeri chuckled. "Why, what DID I do?" She asked.

"Quit playing dumb. Di na uso yun. Bumabalik ka lang sa 2016. [That isn't in the trend anymore. You're coming back to 2016 again.]" Eunji threatened again. "Now, if you want me to come back with a warrant, continue with your sarcasm and dismiss us. But if you want to live as a free woman, then spill it."

Yeri smiled evilly. "For starters, yes, I did drug Irene to get what I want --"

"You're crazy." Jisoo remarked.

"Hey." Then she glared at Jisoo. "I'm talking. So quit the interfering." She looked the pair intently. "And yes, I did trap Tzuyu that night. For what reason? That's what es get for stealing things that aren't theirs."

"You're one step to becoming a murderer." Jisoo remarked.

Yeri smirked like a sinister. "Well, I MAY be one step getting there, but--" She stopped for a bit. "I have never heard of newlyweds going to their honeymoon and checking into different rooms, now, haven't I?"

Jisoo's eyes widened. Eunji was shocked as well and she held on Jisoo's arm. "Oh, and who are you pertaining to?"

"Wag na tayo magtanga-tangahan, ano? [Let's not play dumb, shall we?]" Yeri started as she mimicked Eunji's tone. "If you don't want anyone to know about your little secret, then let's not tell the authorities and anyone else, okay?"

Eunji's grip became stronger. Jisoo clenched his fist out of anger. But they were powerless that time.

This time, Yeri's on control.

***

 

"Dammit!" Jisoo said as he closed the car door shut. The sound it made was so loud that it made the female detective flinch.

"Cut the drama. This car's still on a loan, fool. I can't waste my money on things I can't use." Eunji said as she crossed her legs and gave him fried bananas. "These are fine! I had them cooked before we left." She said defensively.

He took a bite then said, "That Yeri. How did she know?"

Eunji sighed. "Why are you even shocked? She even knew Nam Joo Hyuk!" She also took a bite. "Now, I won't be shocked if she had our backgrounds checked because she knows one of Tzuyu's childhood classmates."

"You know," he started. "I now know why the police department calls you Iron Woman."

"Oh really? Why?"

"Well, you're not like that in front of our families." He smirked. "But you're annoying in investigations."

"Whatever." Eunji remarked. "Now, about our crisis on telling Tzuyu."

Jisoo sighed. "If they found out, then we're dead, too."

Eunji scoffed. "It's not like we're committing adultery. It's not against the law." She looked at him with intent. "Now, would you rather have your best friend killed in the hands of that wench or are we going to do something about it?!"

Jisoo uttered a curse. "Screw this." He was deciding for his life; what would he choose to protect? The life of his best friend, or his pride for the secret that could shake up the nation? "Buckle up." He finally told her.

Eunji put her seatbelts on. "Where are we going?"

"I'm dropping you off at Quezon City. I'm going to BGC." He said.

"What? Why?"

"Talk to Tzuyu about Yeri. I'm meeting Hanbin."

"Even if they find out?" She asked worriedly.

"Yes, even if they find out." Jisoo sighed as he drive faster. "That our marriage is fake."

***

Meanwhile, at the construction site at Quezon City, Tzuyu and her team are currently eating lunch. "Yi-en." She called Mark by his second name. "What's with the sour face?" She asked as Mark sat next to her. He had a bad day up on his sleeve.

"Well, I almost got into a car accident and that woman didn't pay for my fines!"  Mark, annoyed, started to eat.

"Oh, who's the lucky girl?"

"Some Japanese doctor." He had an annoyed face and the guy had a gloomy aura around him.

"Aigoo, our poor Yi-en." Tzuyu chuckled and smiled a bit. Soon, her phone rang.

****Kim Hanbin****

After three rings, she answered the call. "What is it?" She asked. Not sweet for a new couple.

"Wow. What a great way to greet your boyfriend." Hanbin said sarcastically.

"Yah. Am I supposed to be happy with you calling while I'm stuffing food in my mouth?" She said as she sipped her iced tea.

"Umm, dunno. But hey, are you gonna skip your therapy? No way! Come to the hospital now." He ordered her. But Tzuyu was never the type to take orders.

"Na-uh. I am not skipping therapy but I have work, too." She told him. "AND HOW DARE YOU ORDER ME?!"

"I wasn't. Eat well. Avoid soft drinks." He reminded her.

"Nae."

"Oh yeah, I love you."

Tzuyu blushed madly. "Me too."

"I am not gonna end the call until you say I love you too." He threatened.

"Arasso!" Then she blushed a darker shade of red. "I - I love you too."

"Ayiiiiiiieeeeeee!" The group cheered as they heard their boss say I love you over the phone.

Tzuyu dropped the line then looked at them. "Go back to work!"

"Oh, Tzuyu-ie." Mark suddenly remembered. "You have a detective waiting for you downstairs."

Tzuyu looked at Mark with a question on her head. "Detective?"

***

 

When Tzuyu got downstairs, she removed her hard hat and saw who it was. "Oh, Eunji-ya."

"Unnie!" Eunji smiled widely and Tzuyu smiled back.

"What brings you all the way here?" Tzuyu asked her.

"Oh, about that." Eunji had a mental debate on her head but managed to say, "Unnie, I know who trapped you."

Tzuyu smiled. "I know. It's Yeri, right?"

Eunji's eyes widened. "How did you know?"

"Nam Joo Hyuk has a sense of loyalty." Tzuyu said with a wide smile. "He told me right after Hanbin found me."

"Oh, I see." Eunji looked down. "What are you going to do about it?"

"I......


 

... won't sue her for assault." Tzuyu confessed.

"Eh?" Eunji, bewildered, grabbed her unni's hands. "Unnie, but you almost died!"

"Eunji, the moment I have her behind bars, I would take one right off from her child. The child won't have the right to meet her mom. I --" Tzuyu stopped for a bit. "Can't have that. It's hard to live without a mom."

"Unnie you must be crazy."

"I know. But Eunji-ah, Onew, a good friend of mine, had a hard time living without his mother." She explained. "I can't take that thing from the poor child."

Eunji nodded. Half not believing and the other half amazed at Tzuyu's kind personality and outlook. No wonder she has two people wrapped around her finger.

***

Hanbin had a good day already. He had just heard his tsundere girlfriend say that she loves him. Like a high school student in love, he skipped around the halls, smiling like a total fool.

"Are you crazy?" His girlfriend's best friend called for him. "Aigoo, look who's in love!"

"Mina. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the Neurosurgery Dept?" He asked.

Mina proudly bought out her new ID. "I just got rid of my damn Internship."

"Oh, congratulations." Hanbin sarcastically said. "But it's just February."

"I started Internship last year at January." She said with a light chuckle. "And I hate messing with the damn brains. That's Song Minho's duty. Not mine."

Hanbin gave her a frustrated look. "Wait -- are you--"

"A general surgeon? Soon to be." Mina said lightheartedly. "Terrence also started his residency at Internal Medicine today. So proud of him."

Hanbin looked at Mina. He immediately saw the difference between his girlfriend and her best friend. He saw that Mina's bossy as well but the difference they have is the fact that Mina is very open when she's happy while Tzuyu keeps her joy to herself. "How did you and Tzuyu stay friends? I mean, she's a total tsundere and you're the opposite."

Mina sighed. "She wasn't like that before. Alam kong alam mo yun. Magkaklase kayo dati, diba? [I know you know that. You were classmates before, right?]"

I nodded. She had a point. "Namimiss ko yung Tzuyu na yun. [I miss that side of Tzuyu.]"

"She'll open up soon enough. I know her." She said with a comforting smile.

"So, what's with you and Jongin?" Hanbin asked with a sly smile.

She shook her head. "Too many to mention." Mina chuckled. "You know Park Bo Gum?"

"The director's son?" Hanbin asked. "What about him?"

"Well, I heard he's hitting on Yongsun." Mina said with a grin. "He's a doctor too, I mean."

"He's childhood friends with Yongsun." Terrence suddenly sneaked up to them. "They both grew up in Korea but Yongsun went here earlier than Bogum. Hay nako. Napaka-judgmental! [Aigoo, you're too judgmental!]"

"Were you eavesdropping?" Mina asked.

"Nah. Nagkataon lang kasi na kasama ko sa Internal Med si Bogum. [It just so happened that I'm with Bogum at Internal Medicine.] Poor thing, he must've felt culture-shocked." Terrence said with sympathy.

Hanbin c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter