Fifth Note: One Call Away

상태: 에서 움직이는
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifth Note : One Call Away

Song of the Chapter: Me Gustas Tu by G-FRIEND

“Stop this wedding!” The crowd turned around to look at who it was.

 

To their surprise, it was two men. They both have narrowed eyes. Chinese. Tzuyu told herself. One is stout and the other is thin. Both of them are unknown even to the bride and the groom. They all looked at one another and kept murmuring, ‘who are they?’ at the background.

 

“This wedding stop!” The stout one screamed. His voice echoed through the halls, which shocked the guests. Jisoo’s parents and Eunji’s Dad are getting fired up.

 

“This wedding illegal!” The thin man claimed.

 

“This place ours! This place destroyed today!” The crowd gasped. Everyone was shocked and kept talking about it. Tzuyu, a little bit distressed on the word, ‘destroyed’, stood up the walked from her seat to the aisle. She made a face.

 

No one messes with Kim Ji Soo without hearing a word from Chou Tzuyu. “Who are you, sirs?”

 

“We from Chou Empire. Madam Loma Chou said we destroy old church building for new building.”

 

Tzuyu raised a brow. Okay, wait, what? “Can you show me your id’s and your building permit?” She asked. The two bought out their id’s and a few seconds later, they gave her their building permit. She read through the permit quickly, and after scanning the permit, itself, she glanced at the two intruders. "You seriously do not know me? And you guys are seriously starting a war between the Chous and Kims?"

 

"Who you we not know you." The thin one claimed again.

 

She tried her best to keep her professional stance. "For starters, your building permit is recto-fied. It's fake." She gave back the permit and the id’s. "Second, I don't think my grandmother will give instructions without her own construction director knowing, right?" She smirked as she bought out her own id which made the two men shiver in fear. "Now, should I call my Grandma Loma to tell her that you guys are here or should I go tell internal about this?" She asked with evident coldness.

 

Hanbin smirked. She’s the ice queen, after all.

 

Boom Ice Queen! Jisoo told himself as he smiled a bit. He watched the two Chinese men beg for forgiveness and Tzuyu just dismissed them, with a professional stance, of course. She really has no mercy.

 

The two men left the ceremony then Tzuyu faced the altar, “Please, continue.” She went back to her seat and the priest carried on.

 

"Bad- Tzuyu." Nayeon joked. Tzuyu gave a small smile to her friend who was trying her best not to laugh out loud.

 

"This is why she gets all the screen time." Mina joked as well. The trio laughed until Dahyun glanced over at them.

 

“Shh! You guys are so noisy!” Dahyun complained. The three other girls smiled a little then laughed quietly again.

 

The ceremony continued until they gave their vows. “You may now kiss the bride.” The priest declared the Jisoo scooped Eunji for a kiss. Eunji put her hands on his shoulders a Jisoo pulled him closer. Upon seeing the scene, Minhyuk covered his kids’ eyes with his hands. The people smiled.

 

Finally. After those words, Nayeon ran back to Junhoe and the piano.

Junhoe started singing as the newly-married couple broke off the kiss.

“ In the blink of an eye

Just a whisper of smoke

You could lose everything”

 

Nayeon joined in for the last line.

 

“The truth is you never know”

 

And Junhoe sang the next few parts

 

“So I'll kiss you longer baby

Any chance that I get

I'll make the most of the minutes and love with no regrets

Let's take our time

To say what we want

Use what we got

Before it's all gone

'Cause no, we're not promised tomorrow”

 

Nayeon and Junhoe exchanged cute glances as they looked at each other for the chorus.

 

“So I'm gonna love you

Like I'm gonna lose you

I'm gonna hold you

Like I'm saying goodbye wherever we're standing

I won't take you for granted 'cause we'll never know when

When we'll run out of time so I'm gonna love you

Like I'm gonna lose you

I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you”

By this time, the flower girls started to exit the church as they head to the reception.

 

“Hey

Whoa”

 

Now, the couple’s godparents exit the church,

 

“I'm gonna love you

Like I'm gonna lose you

I'm gonna hold you

Like I'm saying goodbye wherever we're standing

I won't take you for granted 'cause we'll never know when

When we'll run out of time so I'm gonna love you

Like I'm gonna lose you

I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you”

 

Everyone left the church and now everyone’s heading to the reception as the song came to an end.

 

“Tzuyu, where are you going to ride?” Minhyuk asked as he pulled his kids with him.

 

“Ah – “ Before she was able to say anything, Hanbin cut her off.

 

“Sorry, Hyuk-ah, she’s gonna ride with me.” Hanbin said.

 

“You are?” Minhyuk asked Tzuyu.

 

“I am?” Tzuyu asked Hanbin.

 

“What is the purpose of a date, then?” He asked as he smirked.

 

“Oh well. That’s right. Well, we’re leaving, Tzu.” Minhyuk said as he smiled along.

 

“Nae. See you at the reception, then.”

Almost as if it’s his instinct, Hanbin opened the door graciously for Tzuyu. “Her royal majesty of coldness, Queen Elsa Tzuyu of Arendalle!” He joked. She made a small smile to amuse him and smirked as she gently grabbed his arm. He smiled at her actions, and they walked arm-in-arm. Jisoo’s parents immediately spotted their son’s best friend.

“Oh, Tzuyu!” His mother greeted. Upon seeing her, she bowed a bit, and so did Hanbin. “Oh dear, I was wondering why you weren’t the female walking on the aisle.” The elder woman looked at Hanbin intently. “Aren’t you two the cutest things?”

 

“Oh, we aren’t exactly – “ But Hanbin cut her off as he coughed a bit.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to come off rude.” He tried his best to be polite but Tzuyu just smiled at him.

 

Jisoo’s mom smiled when she saw Tzuyu’s smile. “Oh, it’s fine, dear child. It’s cold on an early January. That Eunji really wanted to get married early.”

 

Hanbin almost said something when Tzuyu pinched his inner arm. “Oh, January is very lucky, Madam Kim.”

 

Madam Kim shrugged. “However, you’ve done a very good job handling the builders’ issue.” She looked at Hanbin. “Treat her well, she’s a keeper.” She remarked.

 

“Yes, Madam.” He said. Tzuyu bid her farewell then gently pulled Hanbin with her. “What –“

 

This time, she cut him off. “I know Jisoo’s umonim is half demon-half human, but can you just deal with it for the reception?”

 

“God, is she even a mom?!” He complained quietly.

 

“Shh! Someone might hear you, I do not want to cause a scene.” She said as they sat down with Mina, Minhyuk, Dahyun and Vernon. Hyejeong, the emcee, stood on the podium and started the party. It started off with a band performance by Minhyuk and the band, and then Hyejeong and some other girls who danced a y performance. Soon, Hyejeong stood at the podium once more.

“So, everyone having fun?” she asked cheerfully as the crowd cheered. “For our next number, we have Junhoe, Jinhwan, Jiwon, Hanbin, Chanwoo, Yunhyeong and Donghyuk to perform iKon’s My Type that was introduced to the world last 2015!” The crowd clapped and Tzuyu’s eyes widened. She gasped and mouthed ‘omo’. He smiled at her with a wide smile, held her hand before leaving.

The group started to dance and Tzuyu started to fall into Hanbin’s dance moves and rapping skills. Vernon, who’s sitting next to her chuckled on seeing this scene. "Oh, our Tzuyu is falling in loveee~" Tzuyu hit Vernon.

 

"He's a good dancer." She remarked.

 

"I am, too."

 

"And a good rapper." She added.

 

"I rap, too!"

 

"Rap what? Gifts?" She answered with sarcasm. Vernon rolled his eyes and then annoyingly drank his wine. The performance continued as the dancers pulled up their ‘types’ to the stage. Hanbin went closer to Tzuyu and sang as he pulled her up.

 

“Neoneun nae chwihyangjeogyeok nan neoreul bomyeon

Gajigo sipeoseo andari na

Jagi jeonkkajido saenggagi na

Pow” He smiled and danced around her like she was his object of interest. She smiled and danced along with the other guys’ types.

 

After the performance, the rest of the boys sat down except Hanbin as he pulled Tzuyu closer to him. "You promised!”

 

She made a face and thought for a moment. She wasn’t going to sing something scandalous like Anaconda or R.O.D at a wedding. “I am not singing Anaconda, god, Hanbin!”

 

"What, then?" He asked her.

 

“We didn’t practice, this is so embarrassing!” She complained.

 

“How about Ariana Grande’s Best Mistake?”

 

“I didn’t practice!”

 

“It’ll be fine.” He assured her with a smile. He pulled her on to the mic and then the crowd started screaming. Even Jisoo stood up to clap and cheer.

 

Tzuyu sighed as she started singing. “How soon do we forget, How we felt? Dealing with emotions, That never left. Playing with the hand that we were dealt in this game. Maybe I'm the sinner, and you're the saint. Gotta stop pretending what we ain't. Why we pointing fingers, anyway? When we're the same.”

 

 Then she finally got into her rhythm. “Break up, make up, total waste of time. Can we please make up our minds? And stop acting like we're blind. Cause if the water dries up, and the moon stops shining, Stars fall, and the world goes blind Boy, you know I'll be saving my love for you, For you.”

 

She stopped to lock her gaze on Hanbin who was watching her quietly. “'Cause you're the best mistake I've ever made. But we hold on, hold on.  There's no pot of gold in the rainbows we chase, but we hold on, hold on.”

 

Then Hanbin started rapping as well.  “I guess time's wasting

Tick tocking, lip locking

How can we keep the feelings fresh?

How do we zip lock it?” Then he put his arm around Tzuyu. The crowd cheered. “Wear your heart up on your sleeve

So watch out for pick pockets

I guess to go the distance

We might need to pit stop it

Hold up” Then he suddenly pushed Tzuyu away lightly. He looked at her with a smile then continued rapping. “I know love can be a beach with no shore

I done count to ten, lost my temper and went back to four

I know sometimes it's hard to realize I'm the man that you need

I had a dream we branched out

Started a family tree” After this line, the crowd went crazy, but so did Tzuyu’s heart. “And I feel like that everything we do is overdue

You ask why I love your mom so much

'Cause she's a older you

I wish that you were happy

I guess that's the one thing I should be providing

Ain't no number twos we both ones of ones

And we the oddest couple only human

Except you, you a goddess

Only lying to you when I lie it down just being honest

When you start as friends it's hard to say you're never going back

If I'm not the one then I'm the best mistake you ever had” Then he suddenly kissed her on the cheek.

 

Holy crap what the hell?! Tzuyu said as she flushed a bit but she regained her composure “Break up, make up

Total waste of time

Can we please make up

Our minds

And stop acting like we're blind

 

'Cause if the water dries up, and the moon stops shining

Stars fall, and the world goes blind

Boy, you know I'll be saving my love for you, for you

 

'Cause you're the best mistake I've ever made

But we hold on, hold on

 

There's no pot of gold in the rainbows we chase

But we hold on, hold on, yeah

You're, You're, You're, You're, mmm

I'll be saving my love for you, for you

You're, You're, You're, You're, mmm

I'll be saving my love for you, for you”

 

After the song, the crowd cheered, evidently happy of the scene, however, Tzuyu’s face turned red. "You bastard. You did that because Yeri is looking, right?"

 

"Maybe." He joked.

 

“Whatever, screw you.” She said as she sat down.

 

However, Hanbin felt something weird in his body. Why is this beating so fast? Dammit. Hanbin cursed.

“Hey, I'm really sorry, yah.” Hanbin said as he tried to stop her. The wedding just officially ended and guests started to leave. Tzuyu kept an annoyed face and tried her best not to talk to him.

 

The said goodbye to the others on the parking lot but she just stared annoyingly at Hanbin. “Don't talk to me.” She rides the car then crossed her arms. Hanbin soon went into the driver's seat.

He got a tetra pack of Bear Brand from his cooler from the back seats. He gave it to Tzuyu, hoping that it can chill her out. Tzuyu grabbed it then drank it. “Sorry. Did that offend you?”

 

She stopped sipping a bit to answer him. “Of course it did. I'm a woman, too.”

 

"Sorry." He apologized.

 

"Quit saying sorry." She said. "You gave me this without me asking, so we're cool." Truthfully, it wasn't half bad. She told herself. What the heck am I saying? "Bring me home."

 

"Yes, Mam." The car sped off.

 

But unknown to the pair, a person saw the first few scenes. She gasped from what she saw then she grabbed her chest.

 

This can't be. She told herself.

 

She shook her head as the pain still lingered around her. Her heart's beating fast.

 

Kim Yeri.

 

 

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight." Tzuyu started counting as she stretched. On the next door, Hanbin exit his house. He saw his neighbor on her exercise clothes, with her hair down. She has a white cap above her hair.

 

Here's my beautiful, tsundere neighbor who's a milk stan. He told himself. Then, he thought of something crazy to do. He grabbed her cap from her head. "Annyeong, Tzuyu!" He smiled widely. He slowly backed away then ran off with her cap.

 

"Yah, Bastard!" She said then she ran to get it back.

Their running went up until the park. The park has a mini-forest in which there's a pond. That pond has a bridge that connects one land from anoth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter