Fourth Note: Meet the Squad and the Wedding

상태: 에서 움직이는
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4- Meet the Squad and the Wedding

Song of the Chapter - Byul by Kim Min Jae and Solar

"I say mamamamamoooo~"  A ringtone started playing as it woke up a sleeping Tzuyu.

 

"Screw this crap." Tzuyu whispered as she opened her eyes to get her phone from the desk.

 

**The Twins' Dad (KMH)**

 

But it's so early! She complained to herself. She glanced at her wall clock and cursed, "Damn." It's already twelve in the afternoon. But she answered Minhyuk's phone call.

 

"You're pabebe in more ways than one, aren't you?" Her friend greeted.

 

"The hell, Kang Min Hyuk? No greetings like Hi or Hello?" She asked as she let out a yawn.

 

"Let me guess. You slept late." Minhyuk sighed. "Mina said it's bad for your health!"

 

"It's Christmas!" She reasoned.

 

"Aish, don't give me that. Your --"

 

"Don't talk about that! Get to the chase!" She complained.

 

"Oh, right. Why didn't you reply on any of our texts? Even in our group chat!" He complained.

 

She groaned then said, "Let me check then I'll call you back." Tzuyu answered, irritated. Then she dropped the call.

 

Mina: Let's party over at Hyukkie's. I miss my inaanaks.

Hakyeon: oh! I like that idea!

Minhyuk; okay. So it's potluck.

Nayeon: Tzuyu's bringing kinunot!

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes on Nayeon's message. "So I have to cook?" She asked herself then she continued reading the messages.

 

Jisoo: Dude, what about the twins?

Minhyuk: Jisoo, My babies with her grandparents starting today.

Ravi: then party!

Mina: i don't drink beer anymore zz. 

Vernon: then drink water

Nayeon: mcwater

Terrence: palli so I can decide if I'm going to work or not.

Mina: Terrence u still have work? Wow Trauma med is so strong huh.

Minhyuk: so is it a go? 8pm?

Mina: g.

Nayeon: okay.

Dahyun: ye

Jisoo; ok. I'm bringing wine

Terrence: ok

Vernon: i'm bringing chicken.

Ravi: as always, my potluck is rice.

Hakyeon: pizza!!!!!!

Minhyuk: tzuyu?

 

Kang Min Hyuk. Tzuyu thought to herself as she smirked a bit.

This man is seriously one of the best men you'll meet in your life.

 

He smiles a lot with that eye smile of his. But his smile hides one of the darkest pasts.

 

He's a single father. He got Marissa, his ex-girlfriend pregnant three years ago. However, she died upon childbirth.

 

It scarred him badly.

But he had to get on his . I mean, he has two children to carry on his back.

 

So he stopped a year in college. The moment Hakyeon and Ravi graduated, the two babysit the kids while he's at school.

 

And then after I, Jisoo, Dahyun, and Vernon graduated, we also took turns on taking care of the kids, Mikaella and Mikhalil. We call them Ella and Khalil.

 

A year ago, Minhyuk graduated then got a stable job. Of course, we helped him raise the kids. Now, in the mornings, we take turns on our day offs, and sometimes, at work, to look after the kids. Mina and Terrence are usually the ones who are often mistook as the kids' parents. I mean, they work at the same place. And their sched with the kids are Monday and Tuesday of the 2nd and 4th week.

 

Tzuyu's thourghts was stopped when Minhyuk's name popped out again.

 

Minhyuk: Tzumama's on a seen spree again.

 

Tzuyu replied.

 

Tzuyu: I'm going. Ottoke. I want to see the kids.

Minhyuk: oh, you'll see them in the New year's.

 

Tzuyu pouted on Minhyuk's reply. But she felt sleepy again so lile Tzuyu really is, she went back to sleep.

 

Crap. She told herself. I have to cook kinunot.

 

***

When the sun has set, Tzuyu went to the town of Obando. The place where Minhyuk lives. It's a small town with small house gaps. But Minhyuk lives in an apartment-like loft condominium with his kids. To her surprise, the space in front of the building is already occupied by seven cars.

 

"Nahyun's... Mina's... Terrence's..." she said as she counted the first three cars. "Jisoo's car.... Ravi's..... and Vernon's..." she said as she counted the next three cars. She looked inside the garage for the home owners. "And then Minhyuk's." Terrific. She thought to herself. I'm late. She went to the third floor then to the second door. Although there are only three doors there.

 

*ding dong* the bell rang. In an instant, Tzuyu opened the door without the others' permission. She heard laughing. To her, that's enough.

"Oh, Tzuyu! Hi!" Mina greeted as she went back to focus on the game they're playing. Scrabble. "One, two three--"

 

"Merry Christmas!" Everyone greeted her.

 

Tzuyu removed her shoes then went to the living room. Mina, Jisoo, Nayeon and Terrence are playing scrabble. And from the looks of it, Jisoo is losing. And when their squad plays scrabble, the loser gets to do the dishes.  "God, Jisoo, you still ."

Jisoo gave her a sharp look. "Omo, we just made up then the first thing I get is an insult?" Tzuyu nodded with a sarcastic smile. "Thanks, Tzu."

 

"No prob. Oh, put down Terrible on edible's letter B." She instructed him.

 

"What's your potluck?" Mina asked as she slapped Terrence's hand off her pieces as he tried to cheat. "Hey, move over my stuffs!"

 

"I bought yogurt ice cream." Everyone looked at her like she was a witch who cursed them now.

 

"We all know that you're the only one who can eat that." Vernon complained.

"Kinunot, guys. I was kidding." A sigh of relief was heard from the squad. Tzuyu sat in the middle of Mina and Terrence. Tzuyu noticed something. "You guys talked about this denim, right?" She said as she pointed the two's clothing.

 

"I kept talking about that earlier." Minhyuk remarked as he watched the four plays scrabble.

 

"Yah, Terrence, why don't you and Mina date?" Tzuyu asked. This made the squad laugh heartily.

 

"Oi, don't you dare mention that in front of Liza, she might kill you." Mina remarked as she placed 'Trust' on Terrible's T. "Oh, I got 109 points in just one word." Mina boasted.

 

"Boast no more, Mina." Terrence fought back as he placed Tie on the last T. letter It landed on a star, so he cheered.

 

“Aigoo, you two shut up. I am not the Scrabble Queen for nothing." Nayeon started to add gasoline to the fire. She placed eclipse in letter E of TIE.

 

Tzuyu was helping Vernon set the table when Jisoo called her. "Tzuyu help me!"

 

"Hell no. Wash the dishes." Tzuyu replied.

 

"Wow. Supportive as always."

 

Tzuyu looked at Jisoo. "I know!"

 

A minute after, Dahyun arrived. "I bought more wine!"

 

"I hope you bought clothes this year." Minhyuk remarked. During the 25th, the squad gets to sleep over at a member's house for the night.

 

"Oh, I did!" Dahyun said confidently as she waltzed into the living room. "Omg Jisoo you . Good luck on the dishes."

 

"Oh, you bought more wine? Fighting, Mina." Jisoo teased.

 

"Aigoo this brat!" Mina exclaimed.

 

"Why are you anti-alcohol?" Jisoo asked.

 

"I am a doctor."

 

"So what? Even Terrence drinks!"

 

Then the door opened. "Pizza is here!" Hakyeon came in with a bang. Two Sbarro pizzas were placed on the dining table.

 

"Whoo! I won!" Terrence stood up and cheered but Mina also stood up and hit Terrence at the back of his head. "Ow! You still didn't lose!"

 

Mina laughed, and the others laughed as well.

 

"Yah, let's toast." Minhyuk suggested. Everyone complied with his suggestion and they gathered around the dining table.

 

Ravi started to put wines in eight wine glasses and a sparkling wine on another and cocktail on the last glass. The squad raised their glass as they started to talk.

 

Jisoo started. "Vernon's everyday health."

 

"Let's toast for the Twins' good health." Vernon continued

 

And then Minhyuk. "Dahyun's new project."

 

"Nayeon's stress." Dahyun said as she glanced at Nayeon.

 

"Ravi's love life." Nayeon laughed on her own statement.

 

"Mina's residency." Ravi said with a smile.

 

Mina returned the smile and said, "Hakyeon's wealth."

 

"Terrence's successful transition." Hakyeon said.

 

"Tzuyu's skin. You're tan recently." Terrence and Tzuyu laughed at one another.

 

Tzuyu ended the talks with a few words. "Jisoo's wedding and marriage."

 

Everyone smiled. They all know that their own ice royalty's ice cold heart is starting to melt. "Cheers!"

You thought it ends there? Tzuyu told herself. "The fun's just getting started."

 

***

 

A party is never complete without the spin the bottle game.

"Oh no, I'm not playing!" Hakyeon exclaimed.

 

"Me too!" Ravi said as he second the motion.

 

"This is why you guys get less screen time." Mina said.

 

"If you guys won't play, then I'll make the kids watch that drunken night video of you guys." Minhyuk threatened. The two boys gave up and sat on the sofas like everyone.

 

"Game?" The squad nodded on Jisoo's question then he spins the bottle. It's Mina.

Myoui Mina. Tzuyu thought to herself.

 

She's my best friend. I worry a lot about her. As she has a strong outer character, like a basketball team who has a weak center, she has a weak inside.

 

She's a hopeless romantic. She uses her heart before she uses her brain.

 

And Jisoo's about to dig it up. Tzuyu sighed.

 

"Mina, are you really over Chanwoo?" Jisoo asked her then Mina glared at him.

 

"The hell with that question." Mina remarked. "Next question, please."

 

"Aigoo, no pass." Terrence said as he joined the fun.

 

"It's obvious." Mina immediately shook the topic off as she spin the bottle. She smirked as it pointed Jisoo. "Woah Karma is coming for you."

Tzuyu smiled. Jisoo fell in love with Eunji again. He gave her a chance to redeem herself.

 

Jisoo's the nicest bastard I met.

 

He was my first heartache, after all.  I am sincerely hoping Mina doesn't bring it up. She prayed.

 

"Jisoo, if there's one member of the squad who you don't want to date, who is it? Aside the guys, of course." Jisoo tensed up.

 

"Oh, comeback is real!" Minhyuk joked.

 

"Tzuyu." He answered.

 

"Omo whyyy?" Mina exclaimed, shocked of the answer.

 

"Because only Hanbin can break through the ice wall. And sadly, I am not Hanbin." Jisoo joked, almost serious.

 

"Bastard." Tzuyu remarked. Jisoo laughed as he spins the bottle again. This time, it pointed at Nayeon.

Im Nayeon.

 

She isn't a member, originally. We didn't like her personality back then. However, she changed for the better. I like her.  Tzuyu thought.

 

"Nayeon-ie." Jisoo started. "You were friends with scandalous people before. Like Hyuna and Sunkyu. This is a new question, though. Did you have regrets?"

 

Nayeon gave a quick nod then said, "I got sidetracked for quite some time. But if I didn't wake up from that spell, I might not be standing here with you."

 

"You're sitting, Nayeon." Ravi joked. Nayeon rolled her eyes on Ravi's remark. Nayeon spin the bottle then it pointed on Minhyuk.

 

"Omo, Hyukkie. This is a question I've been dying to ask. If you'll marry one of us, who would it be?" Nayeon asked.

 

Minhyuk looked hesitant for a second then said. "Eh? Is that even a question? Mina, of course!"

 

The group gasped then Mina accidentally gulped her wine. "Omo why?" Nayeon asked.

 

"Because she's a doctor. I smell discount." Minhyuk laughed as his own words and then spin the bottle. It landed on Terrence.

Terrence. He's my closest friend right after Mina. Tzuyu told herself. He was a play boy during our early years. He almost courted Dahyun, but he got a beating from Mina.

 

"So, Terrence, are you serious on Liza?" He asked with evident curiosity.

 

"Yes..... well, maybe not." He sighed. "I don't know." When he said that, he got hit by Mina again.

 

"Playboy bastard." Mina remarked as Terrence spin the bottle. It landed on Ravi.

Raven Lopez. We call him Ravi. He's our founder. But he was also the first to let go. He almost left until we talked him out of it. Tzuyu thought to herself.

 

"You left the squad for a time being. Now, did you reflect on it well?" Terrence asked.

 

'I did." He answered plainly.

 

"This is why you get short screen time." Mina joked again.

 

He was about to spin the bottle when the bell rang. "Oh god." He muttered. "I WAS JUST GETTING FIRED UP!"

 

Tzuyu stood up. "That must be the wine."

 

***

After they received the wine, the game continued. Ravi spins the bottle then it landed on Dahyun. "Am I going to ask a long question to get a long screen time?" He asked Mina then she nodded then laughed.

Kim Dahyun. One of my closest friends.

 

And she's the girl who never ever dated. Not even once.

 

"Kim Dahyun. Which one of us would you date?"

 

Dahyun just gave him a blank look. "No one."

 

Jisoo acted as if his heart was hurting. "Ow, Dahyun-ie."

 

"The guy who's going to get married in a month should not c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter