Meeting the Handsome Monarch

Dork Meets Princess

Morning came and Hyomin went to school with a lot of cheer and confidence. But as she got to school, there was a feud happening.

‘Again with the crowds…’ Hyomin thought, going through a crowd of people again.

As Hyomin saw the commotion, she saw Qri and a brunette girl. She was new here, in which Hyomin thought was a transferee. As Hyomin eyed the crowd, she noticed Jiyeon and Soyeon on the other side. As Hyomin went through the sides, Qri noticed her.

“Yah! Park Hyomin!!” Hyomin froze as Qri called her.

All of the students’ eyes were on her, even the new girl’s. Hyomin huffed and turned around and bowed at her.

“Come here, servant!” She yelled.

Hyomin couldn’t bear to shame herself so she nodded. She went to Qri but the new girl blocked her way. Hyomin gulped, frozen for the second time.

“Are you okay?” She asked Hyomin.

Hyomin looked at her and she blushed. She was as pretty as Qri was. The only difference was that she’s very friendly. The girl held her hand and faced Qri.

“A precious girl such as this one deserves respect, Qri! You still have no decency, don’t you?!” She said; her hold on Hyomin’s hand still intact.

“You don’t boss me around, Eunjung! Come here, Park Hyomin!” Qri yelled again.

Eunjung sighed and lets go of Hyomin’s hand. Hyomin bowed at her and went to Qri’s side. Qri held her hand and eyed the crowd, making them leave. Qri dragged Hyomin with her and passed Eunjung.

“If you ever interfere with my girl again, I’ll destroy you.” Qri threatened Eunjung.

Eunjung chuckled and left the pair. Qri grunted and dragged Hyomin again.

“Slow down, Qri…” Hyomin winced in pain due to Qri’s grip.

“You’re not the boss of me, Hyomin! I’ll slow down whenever I want to.” Qri defended.

“But my hand-ow!” Hyomin yelled and swiped her hand off.

Qri was shocked as Hyomin stepped back, holding her bruised hand. Qri went near her but Hyomin scooted away.

“Who was that?” Hyomin asked of the new girl.

“That was Ham Eunjung. She transferred here just now.  She was my arch-nemesis and she’s here taking my throne!” Qri said, growing furious.

“What? I think Eunjung is a good person. Why would she take your petty rank?” Hyomin asked.

“Are you saying my role as Princess of this school is a ‘petty rank’?!” Qri grew even more furious.

“You know what? Screw this servant thing!” Hyomin broke out of her emotions and screamed at Qri.

Qri would’ve gotten madder for what Hyomin is doing. But then, there was something in her that she had to stop.

“Hyomin…”

“This is the thing about you, Qri! You’re such a spoiled piece of s**t! Your actions aren’t even lady-like. You could’ve just given me respect but you are nothing but a nuisance to my life!” Hyomin said everything she felt.

Qri stood still. There was something on her heart. She felt a little ache, may be because of her frustrations or the thing Hyomin said. She looked at Hyomin and she was so mad. She watched her cross her arms and go but she held her hand.

“Hyomin-“

“Stop it. Just stop, Qri. You’ve done enough for my morning.” Hyomin said, leaving her.

***

I huffed, trying to supress my tears. As I got inside our classroom, I was thankful for the late class. Soyeon and Jiyeon were next to me, wondering of my state and the fiasco with Qri and Eunjung. I didn’t n answer them, sulking because of her.

“Excuse me? Can we change seats?” I heard it and it sounded so familiar.

“Sure, Princess Eunjung~ <3” It was Soyeon’s dreamy voice.

I looked up. I saw Eunjung, smiling at me. For Soyeon, she was next to her by the very side and here I am, faced with another monarch in this school.

“Please don’t call me ‘Princess’. It’s too girly…” Eunjung said.

“Yeah…okay…” I asked; my voice still sad.

“Hey…what did Qri do now?” She asked, distressed.

“It’s nothing, Eunjung.” I said.

“Tell you what. If she does something bad to you, tell me right away!” Eunjung said, making a fist.

I just nodded. Eunjung smiled as we focused on the starting class.

As school finished, Hyomin walked and she was getting whispers from the other students, saying that she took the attention of two campus princesses. Hyomin shook her head, not listening to any of those gossips. As she almost got to the lobby, she was gathered around by the students.

“What is this now?!” Hyomin grew frustrated.

“Park Hyomin, you’re called by the campus princesses.” A student said.

“Are you kidding me?” Hyomin asked back.

I went further only to see Qri and Eunjung. I sighed and asked them what was going on.

“Come on, Hyomin. Let’s go home.” Qri said, lending her hand.

“I’m taking her home.” Eunjung said, hopping on her moped.

“I asked her first, Eunjung! She’s going with me!” Qri defended back.

“You hurt her feelings, Qri. I’m taking her home this time,” said Eunjung.

“Please. You don’t even know where she lives.” Qri sat back.

I grumbled and got pass them. Yet, Qri and Eunjung went closer to me and held my hands, letting me choose. I didn’t want Qri. I still didn’t recover from what she did to me. I looked at Eunjung. I felt a bit dreamy, seeing her so pretty yet handsome at the same time. I wanted to go with her…but with Qri here, I don’t want them to fight again.

“Sorry, your excellences…” I bowed.

“But I’ll be taking the bus.” I finished and went ahead.

I felt someone coming after me. I sighed and faced that person, stunning everyone, even Eunjung, with my fury.

“Don’t you even think about it, Lee Qri!!” It was her chasing me.

“How about tomorrow, Qri?” I heard Eunjung.

I faced her, giving her a smile and nod. I then saw Qri’s furious face and whispered to her.

“That’s what you get for messing with your servant, your highness…”

I laughed and got to a bus. As I sat, I covered myself with a book and squealed silently. I can’t believe a lowly student like me gets chased by the campus princesses. But then, I tossed that aside. Yet, I couldn’t help that Eunjung is taking me home tomorrow. She was really sweet…compared to that Qri.

*BADUMP*

What was that? Why did it occur when I thought about Qri?

‘NOOOO!!!’

I’m not going to think about it. I’m still not forgiving Qri for what she did. I sighed and just went along for the whole trip back to my apartment.