Bus Fare

Dork Meets Princess
  • Hyomin’s POV

“Park Hyomin!!”

I groaned, covering my face with my pillow and going back to sleep.

“Yah! Park Hyomin!!”

‘Wait a minute…is that Qri?!’

“PARK HYOMIN!! “

That’s it! I got up, fixed myself quickly, and stormed towards the door. As I saw her, her face went closer towards mine. I blushed so hard and she smirked.

“Hey, shall we go?” Qri smiled.

I turned away for a moment, getting the anxiety off of me.  I can’t believe the boss smiled at me. She looked like a goddess and my feels lingered again.

“Hehe…I made you blush again.” I heard her.

“Whatever.” Hyomin grunted and went ahead.

But before I could go any further, Qri grabbed my bag. She pulled me back and pinned me by my door. I gulped and cowered.

“What did you just say?” Qri glared at me.

“I just said whatever. What’s wrong?” I asked and I was a bit frustrated.

“Do you have no respect, Hyomin? I have a high reputation in school and here I am, backfired by a nerd!  Have some respect!”

She flipped her hair and pulled me hard, going to school. I try to let go but she wouldn’t let me. Once we arrived, most of the students looked at us.

“Alright…” Qri pushed me towards my locker.

I groaned. It hurt so much. I wanted to but I was afraid of what she might do to me.

“…go to class. But I’ll call you later. You better not ditch yourself out of the campus. I will find you…and I will double your punishment.” Qri finished.

Qri went off and I was left with a painful arm. I sighed and went on to my next class.

***

After classes, Hyomin and Jiyeon went home together. During the walk, Hyomin’s eyes were peering to everything.

“Are you okay?” Jiyeon noticed her weird actions.

“Huh? No, I’m fine. We should go.” Hyomin responded.

They found their bus home. But as Jiyeon hopped in, Hyomin stopped when she saw Qri.

“Yah! Let’s go, Hyo~” Jiyeon pulled her inside.

Hyomin noticed the expression in Qri’s face. She looked…ashamed. Hyomin wondered what was wrong with her that she got out and went closer to her.

“Qri-sama…” Hyomin bowed.

“Oh, hey…” Qri greeted but she was too focused on something else.

Hyomin watched Qri scurry her hands on her pockets. Hyomin crossed her arms and whispered:

“You got no bus fare, Qri-sama?”

Qri jumped off of Hyomin. She sighed and puts her hands in her pockets.

“Where do you live, Qri-sama?” Hyomin asked.

“I live across your street.” Qri answered.

“Here…” Hyomin got some money from her pocket and gave it to Qri.

“You don’t have to.” Qri brushed if off.

“Our neighbourhood is so far from here. And look at the time. It’s late so it’s not safe to walk at night. Come on. You can join us.” Hyomin said, grabbing her hand.

“Jiyeon’s with me. The three of us can go home together. I’ll pay for your-“

“Shh!!” Qri covered Hyomin’s mouth.

Qri nodded and Hyomin and she went on the bus where Jiyeon was waiting. Qri sat on a corner while Jiyeon and Hyomin were on the other.  Hyomin and Jiyeon got their tickets to present them to the conductor. Jiyeon wondered for Hyomin’s extra ticket.

“The other one’s for the woman over there.” Hyomin said, pointing at Qri.

Jiyeon couldn’t believe it but she swore to Hyomin not to tell anyone.  Jiyeon got out first, bidding goodbye to Hyomin. Hyomin and Qri were left and Hyomin decided to sit next to Qri. Qri shrugged her presence off and watched the view. Hyomin grabbed a book and began to read:

“Forgetfulness is a certain trait than every person should ever face in this world. Forgetfulness classifies as a trait wherein a person tends to forget things or it misleads him/her to not think of something important. With this, people forget things often and easily. It is also used to say that someone has forgotten something. Forgetfulness occurs when one person is likely to forget, characterized negligence or failure to remember, and inducing oblivion. This trait also leads to a person being physically present yet mentally absent.”

“Is that sociology? Thanks for reminding me of the topic. I’m studying later.” Qri said.

“This is a factor that triggered you. You forgot your wallet and now…I have to treat you your bus fare.” Hyomin shook her head and crossed her arms.

“It’s accidental. I forgot to bring it. How about I treat you tomorrow?” Qri offered.

“Really?” Hyomin’s eyes gleamed.

“Yeah.” Qri nodded.

They arrived at their street and went down. Qri and Hyomin looked at each other again and bid their farewells.

“Tomorrow, 7:00. Be early…” Qri said.

“Sure, Qri-sama,” said Hyomin.

“Hey…Hyomin.” Qri called.

Hyomin blushed. Her heart beated fast again. She gulped and faced Qri.

“Yes?” She asked.

“Thank you.” Qri answered and went off.

Hyomin smiled. She turned around and they went on their separate ways.