Getting Feelings Out

Dork Meets Princess

Days went by quickly. Hyomin wasn’t her cheerful self since it happened. Soyeon and Jiyeon comfort their friend but it didn’t suffice. Hyomin’s heart was a little torn, especially her gaze averted towards the empty seat next to her.

“Hey.” She saw Eunjung sitting on that seat.

“Yah…you know that’s Qri’s seat.” Hyomin said, taking Eunjung aback.

“Can I sit here? I want to see if you’re alright,” said Eunjung.

“Not now, Eunjung. And please go back to your seat.” Hyomin turned away.

Eunjung didn’t hesitate to obey and went back to her seat next to Jiyeon. Hyomin sighed, listened to the lesson, and continue her day with thoughts of Qri.

***

“See you, Hyo.” Jiyeon and Soyeon bid goodbye.

Hyomin bids good bye to her friends and walked back to her apartment. As she walked, she froze. She couldn’t believe it. Qri was there in front of her, already released from the hospital.

“Qri!” Hyomin squealed.

Qri just gave her stoic smile, a smile in which Hyomin fell for. Qri went closer to the girl and pets her head.

“Hey. You said you’d ignore me after the incident.”

“Where have you been? Why are you here just now?” Hyomin asked, disregarding that little promise Qri made for them.

Qri never thought of this approach. She recalled Hyomin’s annoyed look everytime they saw each other. But now, Hyomin was smiling at her and got excited to see her. But then, she frowned and lets go.

“I’m here to process my transfer papers.”

“What?” Hyomin gulped and held Qri’s arm.

“Why? Why are you…”

“It’s simple. There’s been someone I’m avoiding…aside from you.” Qri spoke, making Hyomin cringe.

“Qri…”

“If you want an explanation, I’ll tell you at the right time…and now is not the time.” Qri added.

“Qri, wait.” Hyomin stopped her before she could go further again.

“I was wrong. I was also blind and stupid for not reciprocating your feelings.” Hyomin began and Qri stopped.

Hyomin wondered of Qri’s expression but she gasped as Qri grabbed her arm and pulled her, heading towards a private sector just by the school gate.

“What are you…”

“Qri, I admit, okay?? I admit that I’ve been falling for you lately.”

“But you hated me…how can you say that now?” Qri asked back.

“I just thought you were one of the typical dreamy yet bad girls in dramas. You know…”

Qri laughed of that. Hyomin pouted but then Qri gave another serious look.

“But you know me, Hyomin. To be honest, you did the right thing of always avoiding me…because I can’t forgive myself if I hurt you.”

Hyomin tackled the girl for a hug. Qri’s cold heart eased on that one hug and she never thought the person who avoided her for so long can soften her with just one hug. For Hyomin, she would’ve had the guts to ignore Qri for the rest of her life but somehow, with that incident, she wasn’t used to a day without Qri bugging her. And as a result, she finally got her feelings free.

“I can take that. I’ve been into your torment and I still lived.” Hyomin mumbled.

Qri chuckled of that statement. She hesitated to hug back at first but somehow, she did and her conscience eased, just as her admiration was for Hyomin.

“Are you really transferring?” Hyomin asked her.

“I changed my mind.” Qri snickered.

Hyomin and Qri shared their hungs. Both of them were finally happy coming out of their shells of love. Little did they know…someone was already watching them…

***

The next day, Jiyeon and Soyeon were early coming to school. They were shocked as they didn't see Hyomin yet. Usually, she was the early bird and the duo couldn't help but admore themselves for breaking a record.

"What are those students doing there?" One of their classmate said as they saw a crowd.

Jiyeon and Soyeon went towards the littie fuss outside their classroom. They made way for themselves out of the crowd and gasped. Qri, their Campus Princess, was back. Not only that, Hyomin was by her side, smiling and holding her hand tenderly, like they were a couple.

"OMG~" Soyeon squealed.

Mumbling were heard, mostly about them not bugging the nerd again. There were still some who are jealous but Hyomin stood strong, not paying heed to those whispers. Jiyeon and Soyeon waved at them and Hyomin and Qri waved back and moving closer to the two.

"Is this real? Are you guys going out?" Soyeon asked excitedly.

"Not yet," said Qri.

"But we'll be." Hyomin added.

Jiyeon and Soyeon were squealing. They asked Hyomin if they wanted to have lunch with them later. She asked Qri and the princess didn't mind spending time with Hyomin and her friends. At least, she knows Hyomin always wanted to spend time with her friends...and she was okay with that.

*RING*

"Let's go." Hyomin held Qri's hand and they went ahead.

The crowd lessened. Jiyeon and Soyeon were right behind them as they went inside the classroom. One persom from the crowd followed as well...and she didn't like what she was seeing...

 

TT Sorry for the bad chapter, everyone. Maybe this will be the second to the last chapter. I've been uninspired lately.