Sunday - 7 August, 2016

The Diary

I summoned a demon. I summoned a demon in front of a class of students. What are my parents going to say? How do I get rid of it? How long am I stuck with it? Do I have to feed it like a cat or something?

-Mark

 

"I'm not a cat you know..." Jackson huffed, floating aimlessly above Mark's bed.

Mark sighed heavily as he dropped his head on his desk. "I can't believe I actually summoned a demon..." he groaned. "What even is your purpose?"

Jackson lowered onto Mark's bed, holding out his hand as a glass of pomegranate wine formed. "That's for you to find out. I can't leave until I've fulfilled your wishes." He smirked. "Love, , revenge, possession; you name it, I can do it." he sipped on his drink.

"So can demons actually shift into anything?" Mark asked, looking over at Jackson.

"Like?"

"I don't know, can you shift into me?"

"No, but I can do this." Jackson started with a smirk, putting his drink on the desk as his body slowly dissolved into butterflies, flying delicately into Mark's chest.

Mark gasped slightly as his eyes turned purple. "What did you-This is called a possession, you sweet little soul. What? You can't just possess me! -Well, I just did." Mark sighed, trailing his hands down his abdomen and to his groin. "Well you're well off, aren't you? Dude, get out of my body..." Mark ordered, huffing as butterflies flew from his chest and into the air. Mark covered his face as Jackson reappeared above his bed. "Don't ever do that again..."

Jackson laughed, shrinking his form and sitting on Mark's shoudler. "Fine, fine. So why did you even-" Jackson was cut off by the sound of someone banging on his bedroom door.

"Mark? Is there someone in there?" Lisa called from the hallway. "I heard unfamiliar laughing, are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine!" Mark called. "You have to hide, now!" he whispered to Jackson. "My parents will freak if they found out I summoned-" Mark gasped as the knob to his door turned open. "H-Hey mom!" He stammered, sitting on his bed nervously. "What's up?"

Lisa looked around with a furrowed brow. "I thought I heard someone else in here..." she whispered. "Anyways, I've got to go to work soon, and your father has a meeting with his colleague. We were wondering if you had money for food."

Mark tapped his foot on the ground, taking a deep breath and smiling. "O-Oh, okay. I have a few bucks to spare, but I can fix something here if I need to..." he laughed nervously, his face turning red.

"Mark, are you okay? You look like you're about to have a panic attack!" Lisa worried.

Jackson's eyes widened, shifting his form into a butterfly and flying out of the room, down the hall, and knocking over a picture before shifting back and making his way back into Mark's room, hiding just above the door.

"What? What is going on?" She sighed, looking at her watch. "I don't have time for this, I'm gonna be late!" she exclaimed, rushing out the door. "Mark, be sure to take your medicine and get something to eat. I love you!"

"Love you too mom! Bye!" Mark sighed heavily, laying back on his bed and covering his eyes.

Jackson lowered himself to sit beside Mark. "What's an anxiety?"

"You don't know what anxiety is?" Mark sat up, looking at Jackson in disbelief. "You're joking, right?"

"Dude, I lived during the fifteenth century during the French Witch Hunts." Jackson said flatly. "Stuff like that wasn't really a good thing back then."

"Oh yeah." Mark mumbled. "What was it like back then?"

Jackson looked at him momentarily before getting up and locking himself in Mark's closet.

Mark sat up and looked toward his closet. "Whoops..."

 

Author's notes here.