Chapter Five

Determined
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello Kyuhyun."

"Hey, Hyung." Kyuhyun smiled up at Yesung, who had just entered the music room. It was their first meeting after Kyuhyun's introduction to the club.

"Have you been waiting long? Sorry." Yesung apologized, even though he arrived just in time.

"No, don't worry. I've only just arrived myself." Kyuhyun lied, not wanting Yesung to know that he had actually been waiting for half an hour now. He had been looking forward to their meeting so much that he went to the music room way too early.

"Oh, all right." Yesung smiled at him briefly, before placing the cup that he had been carrying down at the table beside him.

Sitting down, Yesung took out a notebook and a pen from his bag, consulting it for a bit before facing Kyuhyun. "Okay, Kyuhyun, before anything else, there's this event that you have to know a- ouch."

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Kyuhyun said, getting alarmed when he saw Yesung's face contort in pain.

"It's just my - ow - stomach." Yesung tried to explain, dropping his notebook on the floor and clutching his stomach. "It really - it really hurts."

"Hyung - " Kyuhyun was starting to panic. Yesung's face had gone slightly pale and he was still clutching his stomach. "Let's go to the clinic, alright?"

Springing to his feet, Kyuhyun frantically retrieved Yesung's notebook on the floor and placed it haphazardly on his hyung's bag. Picking up his bag as well as Yesung's and flinging it over his shoulders, he helped Yesung stand up, careful not to jostle the other student too much.

"Hyung, can you walk?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly, looking down at Yesung.

"Yeah, the pain's lessened a bit." Yesung replied, his body relaxing a bit.

At the next moment though, Yesung flinched and his arm grabbed Kyuhyun's arm, squeezing him tightly. Kyuhyun waited for Yesung's hold to soften before moving again.

As soon as the hold became less painful, Kyuhyun carefully placed Yesung's arm around his waist and let the other student lean onto him. Placing an arm as well around Yesung's waist to be able to fully support him, Kyuhyun started to walk towards the clinic, barely able to stop himself from flinching when Yesung's hold on his waist tightened.

"Hyung, I know it hurts, but please bear with me until we reach the clinic." Kyuhyun said, glancing worriedly every now and then at Yesung.

Yesung simply nodded, his face still scrunched up in pain.

Kyuhyun felt a small relief when they finally arrived at the clinic. Opening the door, they both stepped inside, Kyuhyun calling out for the nurse. He assisted Yesung in sitting down in one of the couches by the entrance.

The nurse immediately came out, and noticing Yesung's pale face went directly to him.

"What's wrong?" the nurse asked, her tone gentle.

"My stomach hurts. I think it might be an acid reflux." Yesung answered.

Kyuhyun noticed Yesung gripping his own fists tightly, and he pried one of them gently, offering his hand instead. Yesung didn't even think twice before gripping his hand very tightly and Kyuhyun winced - an action which thankfully went unnoticed by Yesung.

"When was the last time that you ate? Did you eat your lunch?" The nurse continued.

"Erm - I might have forgotten to eat lunch. And I was also drinking coffee earlier." Yesung replied, sounding a little bit embarrassed.

"All right." The nurse stood up and after rummaging in one of the cabinets, returned and handed Yesung some pills that he needed to take, and rattled off a list of food that he needed to steer clear off for a few days.

Kyuhyun waited patiently as Yesung took the medicine, and stayed silent until he saw Yesung relaxing gradually.

"Kyu," Yesung started, turning to look at Kyuhyun. "Thank you for your help." Yesung smiled at Kyuhyun, and Kyuhyun noted that it still looked a bit strained. "I'm feeling better now. We can go back and start your training."

"What are you talking about?" Kyuhyun replied, voice a little bit higher due to his worry. "You should go home now and take some rest. Forget about my training, we'll just continue it next time."

"Are you sure?" Yesung asked, and Kyuhyun nodded fervently. "All right, I will. I'm sorry." Yesung apologized, looking guilty.

"Why are you even apologizing Hyung? It's fine." Kyuhyun hastily reassured Yesung. "How will you go home? Do you have a friend that could go with you?"

Kyuhyun wanted to get Yesung home safely himself, but he k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter