Chapter Twelve

Determined
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything hurts.

Slowly waking up from a fitful sleep, Yesung could keenly feel how every muscle in his body hurt. He was afraid to move, to make even the smallest movement in fear that the pain would worsen, but along with the pain was the constant cold feeling. His body must be blazing hot by now, and even under the heavy blankets he couldn't stop his body from shaking.

Still keeping his eyes tightly shut, Yesung tried to burrow even further into his blankets, his body curling up even more. But the room was still too cold for him - he needed another blanket or two.

Barely able to stop his teeth from chattering, Yesung's dazed mind suddenly wished for someone who could comfort him, someone who could give him even just a hug in his currently vulnerable state. But as weak he was currently feeling, he was unable to call for his mother.

Curling up even more as the rain outside grew harder and the temperature dropped, Yesung could feel the tremors from his body worsening. He groaned, unsure of what he could do to improve his situation.

At the next moment, Yesung realized with a start that he was being moved gently across the bed. Even just opening his eyes at this moment was a Herculean effort for Yesung, but he managed to do so.

Blinking sleepily at his room, his eyes took a few moments to adjust to the darkness. The moment he did so was when someone had stopped moving him, and belatedly, Yesung realized that his body was currently next to a very warm body.

Still disoriented from his sleep and his fever, Yesung did the first thing that came to his mind - he moved just a little closer, and burrowed his head on the chest that was next to him.

And what a broad chest it was, Yesung noted hazily.

The warmth coming from his bedmate quickly helped lessen the tremors wracking through his body, and as Yesung sighed happily, he thought that he'd like to see who was really kind to help him out. He glanced up, and with the light from the lamp, he could just make out a man's features, whose eyes are currently looking down at him with worry.

What is Kyuhyun doing here? Yesung thought, but even just doing that was taking a lot of energy from him.

Deciding to just go with the flow and question everything once he woke up, Yesung threw his arm across Kyuhyun's waist and made himself comfortable. He was already feeling immensely better, and he shut his eyes down in order to go back to sleep.

Sleep was just around the corner, but try as he might, he couldn't fall asleep. He moved his body around in small movements, trying to find a more comfortable position to sleep in.

He stilled immediately when he felt a hand touch his hair, and as Kyuhyun began caressing it, Yesung could feel himself relaxing even more. A soft lullaby came from just above him and with it, coupled with the vibrations coming from Kyuhyun's chest, had lulled Yesung into a deep sleep once again.

~*~

"See? I told you they're adorable!" Bo Kyung whispered, eyes alight as she studied the scene in front of her.

"Umma, I don't think we should be here." Jongjin answered, doing his best to lead his mom away from the bed.

He had been watching a movie in their theater room when Bo Kyung had slammed the door open and all but dragged him to his hyung's room.

"Shush!" Bo Kyung said and leaned just a bit closer on the bed. On it, Yesung was sleeping peacefully, draped all over their handsome visitor. Kyuhyun was sleeping as well, his left arm loosely encircling Yesung's waist.

Bo Kyung couldn't help but sigh happily.

"Umma," Jongjin finally stopped trying to get his mother to come out of the room. "shouldn't you give hyung his medicine? It's way past his time to take it." he said, remembering as he checked his phone for the time.

"I should, but - " Bo Kyung hesitated, eyes still drawn to the two. She thought about it for a moment, before she carefully placed the tray containing the medicine bottle, a pitcher of water and a glass on the bedside table. She gestured for Jongjin to leave, and after taking a last long look at the two sleeping students, she went out of the room herself.

"Yesung can just take it once he wakes up." She explained to Jongjin, who was looking at her quizically.

"But wouldn't that make hyung's fever worse?" Jongjin asked, worry clouding his eyes.

"I can't bring myself to disturb their sleep." Bo Kyung said, shrugging helplessly. "You saw how comfortably he was sleeping. He wasn't tossing and turning like he'd been last night. If I let him sleep more it might prove to be a better cure for him than the medicine."

"All right, if you say so Umma." Jongjin relented.

 "And they really are adorable. I told you, Jongjin. They look perfect together, don't they?" Bo Kyung said, fondness coming off of her in waves. "I must know more about Kyuhyun. I'm pretty sure Hyukjae and the others know him as well." Bo Kyung mused, fishing out her phone and scrolling on her contact list.

"Umma!" Jongjin panicked, trying to halt his mom's actions. "Don't ask Hyukjae hyung and the others about Kyuhyun, just ask Yesung hyung about him. We still don't know if there's anything going on between them - his friends knowing about this visit might make things awkward between them."

"...all right, all right." Bo Kyung sighed, seeing the sense in her son's words. "But I do hope something is going on between them, I really like Kyuhyun."

"Even if there isn't, please don't meddle with them umma." Jongjin all but begged, knowing how his mother was when it came to her sons.

"I won't." As Jongjin side eyed her, Bo Kyung repeated. "I really won't, Jongjin, don't worry."

"I really hope you don't." Jongjin sighed, willing to let the conversation about this slide for now.

~*~

The first sensation that Kyuhyun became aware of was the warmth pressing down on him. Puzzled, Kyuhyun sleepily opened his eyes, and he blinked at the darkness permeating the room. Still disoriented, he looked around the room until his gaze fell on the riot of black curls resting just below his chin.

The sight immediately shocked Kyuhyun into remembering the events that had transpired before he had fallen asleep. Carefully, he brought up his right hand and pressed it at Yesung's forehead.

He was satisfied to note that although Yesung still seemed warmer than normal, his temperature had dropped a lot and it was no longer alarming.

His first worry having abated, Kyuhyun realized - very belatedly - that he was currently cuddling with Yesung. He could feel his cheeks warming up, and he remembered how he had woken up a few hours earlier to feel his hyung shaking violently. Kyuhyun had been befuddled by sleep then, and had done the first thing that came to mind - he offered warmth to his hyung the easiest way he knew how to, by bringing him closer. He was not expecting Yesung to have the initiative to hug him close.

And now, his cheeks still stained pink, Kyuhyun also couldn't help from smiling happily. He finally had his hyung in his arms again, and he wasn't going anywhere soon. He laced his hand on the one that was currently in Yesung's waist, and noted absentmindedly that his left shoulder was going numb. He didn't care, though. He was afraid that if he moved he'd wake his peacefully sleeping hyung.

He closed his eyes, and soon after he fell back to sleep.

~*~

It could've been minutes, or hours later, when Kyuhyun woke to Yesung shifting beside him. Opening his eyes, Kyuhyun watched as Yesung stirred, stopped for a second or two, before he slowly got up into a sitting position.

Glancing back down at Kyuhyun, Yesung smiled at him sleepily, and Kyuhyun's heart melted at the adorable sight.

"Hello Kyu."

"Hello hyung." Kyuhyun said, smiling back as he slowly sat up, stretching out his arms. The left one had become numb again, and Kyuhyun winced as an electric pain zinged on his arm.

"Are you all right? I was too heavy, I'm sorry." Yesung said worriedly, moving to reach out to Kyuhyun. As he moved, he winced as well and cradled his head gently, alarming Kyuhyun.

"Is your fever back?" Kyuhyun asked, abandoning his recovering arm and hastily pressing the back of his hand to Yesung's forehead. He was, again, relieved to note that Yesung's fever did not worsen. It was still there, but the temperature hike was minimal. "When did you last drink your medicine, hyung?"

"Erm," Yesung scrunched his eyebrows in concentration. "probably in the morning, when Umma last went to my room and woke me up."

"It's been hours since then, you need to drink it now." Darting his eyes around the dim room, Kyuhyun saw the tray placed neatly on the bedside table beside him. Reaching out, he took the entire tray and settled it on his lap.

Popping open the medicine bottle, Kyuhyun took one pill and handed it to Yesung, who took it and the glass of water that Kyuhyun had filled gratefully.

Yesung washed down the medicine with the water, and after Kyuhyun returned the tray on the bedside table, he turned to see Yesung looking quizically at him.

"Kyu, why are you - "

His question was cut off abruptly when Kyuhyun's stomach grumbled loudly.

There was a moment of stunned silence, and then Kyuhyun's cheek went pink with embarrassment. Yesung chuckled and immediately began climbing down his bed.

"I'm sorry, I've been a poor host. Let's get you something to eat, I'm sure Umma has already cooked something." Yesung stated, gesturing for Kyuhyun to come down as well.

Kyuhyun obliged, and trailed after Yesung, who had already started walking towards his door. In front of him, Yesung picked up his phone from the table and checked if he had missed any messages or calls. Before he had the time to check the numerous notifications on his phone, though, his eyes widened as he saw the time.

"Kyu, what time did you get here?" Yesung asked, voice sounding strained.

"Before 10AM, I think." Kyuhyun answered, curious as to why his hyung sounded like that.

At his answer, Yesung whipped around and stared at him. "I'm sorry." he said weakly.

"Why? You did nothing wrong." Kyuhyun answered, forehead creasing.

In response, Yesung held out his phone to Kyuhyun, finger pointing to the clock at the upper part of the screen.

Kyuhyun blinked, at the screen, surprised. "It's already past 4?" he inquired, even though he could clearly see the time.

Apparently, he and Yesung had slept for more than six hours already. No wonder he felt so refreshed.

"No wonder you're hungry. You skipped lunch because of me." Yesung said in a small voice.

Oh, and that too.

"It's okay hyung, don't worry. It doesn't matter as long as you're feeling better now." Kyuhyun reassured Yesung.

Yesung stared up at him for a moment before his face broke into a wide grin. "Thanks Kyuhyun! You've really helped me out a lot." And then he hesitated, just for a bit, before he enveloped Kyuhyun into a short - but tight - hug.

"No problem." Kyuhyun said as Yesung let him go, already wanting his hyung back in his arms. He settled with a smile, which Yesung returned, before he turned and headed once more towards the door.

"Now let's see what Umma cooked for us, I can assure you that it'll be something delicious."

~*~

Walking down the stairs quietly, Kyuhyun noticed from the first time how disheveled Yesung's hair was.

Must be from all the tossing and turning, he thought, and then chuckled at the ridiculous - but overly adorable - sight.

As they entered the huge kitchen, Kyuhyun studied the walls that were lined up with wooden shelves after shelves, all painted in cream. The parts of the wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter