Chapter Fifteen

Determined
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't see anything, move over!"

"Ouch!"

"Yah Shin Donghee! Why're you pushing Ryeowookie?"

"It's because of Heenim!"

"It's okay Sungminnie, I'm alright~"

"Aww, you poor thing~ Do you want a hug?"

"Ick, so lovey dovey!"

"Kangin hyung, aren't you just jealous 'cause you're single~?"

"...you really have a streak of pure evil, Ryeowook-ah. Be thankful you're cute."

"Junsu-yah, why are you ignoring me?"

"Shut up Yoochun, I have to prepare my camera!"

"But I want you to focus on me!"

"Yah Yoochun, stay still - "

"Ow!" Kyuhyun rubbed his his side that Junsu just elbowed, grimacing.

Yesung, noticing his condition, glared at Junsu. "Junsu! Could you please stop moving around so carelessly?"

"Sorry hyung~ This is all his fault!" Junsu declared, pointing at Yoochun accusingly. This caused Yoochun to whine some more.

Brows furrowing as the noise around him picked up some more, Kyuhyun fought the urge to cover his ears.

What had prompted him to invite all of them to this event, anyway?

"Yah!" A voice hissed down at them. "Do you want Hyukjae to hear us? Shut up!"

"Watch your words, kid!" A snarky voice answered back. "I'm older than you, don't tell me to shut up!"

"Heechul-ah, calm down." A gentle voice followed, and Heechul's glare softened when a hand patted his back.

"Be thankful that Teukkie is here." Heechul hmph-ed, before peering towards the sakura tree again.

The voices started to pick up again after that exchange, until a firm voice whispered, "Yah kids, you heard Changminnie! We don't want to ruin this, so please be quiet, alright?"

"You heard Jaejoong-ah, please try to contain yourselves, alright?" Leeteuk admonished, and as the two eldest amongst them have spoken, the others reluctantly obeyed.

"Finally." Kyuhyun sighed.

"But why is Hyukjae still alone, though? Where is this Donghae that everyone's talking about?" Changmin whispered, eyes trained on Hyukjae.

Hyukjae was currently standing alone beside the sakura tree, patiently waiting for Donghae to arrive.

"He'll be here soon, don't worry." Kyuhyun answered confidently.

There was a small lull in the whispered conversation as all eyes were focused on Hyukjae, waiting for the other student to arrive on the scene.

"My knees are starting to hurt."

"You're getting old, Kangin-ah."

"What!? You know very well that I'm the strongest one here!"

"Yeah, but we've only been here for a couple of minutes. Nobody else is complaining yet, you noticed?"

"Yah, Sungmin you brat! Do you want to - "

"Hey, is that him?"

"Changmin-ah, that's Taeyang."

"How 'bout that guy?"

"That's Nichkhun!"

"Oh, how about that one?"

"Yah, are you kidding me!? That's Siwon, why do you not know who he is?"

Changmin shrugged helplessly at the incredulous looks thrown at him. "I'm not really the sociable type. Also, just thought he might be Hyukjae's type?"

Kyuhyun cringed for his friend.

Even Hyukjae's friends thought Siwon was a good match for him.

"Hey! Is that him?" Jaejoong's excited voice caught everyone's attention, and they all peered back at the sakura tree.

"Yeah, that's him! About time." Kyuhyun answered, relief sweeping through him as he saw the familiar student with brown locks walking towards Hyukjae. He knew, of course, that Donghae wouldn't stand him up, but who knew? He wasn't prepared to be murdered by Hyukjae's friends - there were thirteen of them right now, no amount of snark or pleading could save him if Hyukjae ended up waiting for nothing.

"Wow, he's really cute! Mama Jaejoong totally approves, Hyukjae!"

"Jaejoongie, should I be jealous?" An amused, deep voice asked.

"What're you talking about, of course you're number one for me! But he really is cute though~"

"Oooh, they're talking!"

"I can't hear what they're saying!"

"I wanna hear!"

"..."

"...wait, is Hyukjae crying?"

"...why is he making our baby cry!?"

Several pairs of sharp eyes turned questi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter