Chapter Two

Determined
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One year ago...

Kyuhyun was jolted awake from his deep sleep by a loud sound that reverberated throughout the room. Blinking, he looked at his dark surroundings and was absolutely disoriented, not remembering at first where he was.

Hearing a group of people singing, he sleepily looked at the only source of light, realizing that it was the center stage of an auditorium. Seeing a large group of people walking around and singing, it was only then that he remembered what was happening.

Every year, his school's music club puts on a grand presentation right after the finals were done. This year, the current seniors, not wanting to be outdone by the previous ones, decided to invite music club members from other schools to perform as well. After gathering the most talented members, they carefully planned out a concert rivaling the stars' official ones.

Talks of talented people, as well as cute girls and boys joining the stage had sent the whole student body into a frenzy. Tickets were quickly sold out, and with people from other schools wanting to watch as well, the organizers decided to move the event into a larger place.

The awaited day finally arrived, and Kyuhyun almost backed out when he saw just how many people were swarming in and out of the huge auditorium. He didn't plan on watching the concert, but his friend bought him a ticket and dragged him all the way over here, claiming that he wanted to support his future girlfriend who was included in the lineup.

Kyuhyun grudgingly sat down on his seat and stared blankly on the stage that was just right in front of him. How his friend managed to get front row seats, he didn't know.

The show soon started, fireworks exploding everywhere and the audience screaming from their seats. The members of the first girl group to perform were introduced, with people chanting their names from their seats.

Kyuhyun sat back on his seat, noting that the girls were pretty. He wasn't that interested though, never had been.

The first group danced and sang along to lively music, and the second song wasn't even finished before Kyuhyun started to nod off. This was why he didn't want to attend; he had been up all night yesterday playing on his computer, and he'd rather rest today. Or continue playing; whatever would suit his mood best.

The first girl group finished performing, followed by a solo singer, a group of guys, another group of girls, and Kyuhyun continued sleeping deeply. His friend tried to wake him up at first, but gave up after the fifth try.

A girl and a guy waved goodbye to the stage, and they were replaced by a group of good-looking guys that made the audience go even wilder. After introducing them, they performed several fast tracks, goading the audience to even be louder. Several minutes later, the group performed a mellower song, going around the stage, singing their hearts out.

This was when Kyuhyun woke up.

Yawning, he watched as the group started to form a small circle, singing acapella. Watching the group, he couldn't understand what woke him up; though they were singing a fairly upbeat song, this was no hip hop music that could wake up a sleep-deprived person.

He watched with little interest as the group continued singing, eyes already nodding off and preparing to go back to sleep, when a lone member inside of the circle suddenly belted out his line, husky voice reverberating in the auditorium.

Eyes wide, Kyuhyun straightened up on his seat.

Wow.

So this was what woke him up. This beautiful voice.

The small platform that the singer was standing onto slowly elevated, making him even more visible to the audience. Sleepiness

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter