Chapter Sixteen

Determined
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun was about to go to the music club room as usual, when his phone beeped.

From: Yesung-hyung

To: Kyuhyun

Kyuuu! Please go to the courtyard near the library, we'll be having our meeting there today ^.^ See you!

Kyuhyun immediately changed direction and headed to the said courtyard. In there, all of Yesung's friends were either seated or lying on the blankets that have been spread along the grassy grounds. More than half of the group was crowded around in a circle, playing a card game that Kyuhyun himself was addicted to. Hyukjae and Donghae were seated a bit apart from the crowd, with Hyukjae studying and Donghae watching something on his phone. Sungmin sat a bit farther apart, thrumming his guitar while Ryeowook sang along gently, eyes focused on the paper he was scribbling on. Yesung was lying, eyes closed as he hummed along with Ryeowook occassionally.

Choosing a spot next to Yesung, Kyuhyun sat down and reached for a stray flower that had fallen down from the tree. Stifling a chuckle, Kyuhyun slowly inched closer and placed the flower gently on Yesung's smooth cheek before quickly snapping a photo of his hyung.

Face scrunching up adorably, Yesung removed the flower off his face as he opened his eyes. Seeing Kyuhyun looking down at him, a mischevious smile on his lips, Yesung sat up. "Kyu! How long have you been here?"

"I've just arrived." Kyuhyun answered. "So what're we going to do today?" he asked, watching the group who was playing the card game. At any other time, he would've loved to joined in, but he much preferred Yesung's company over the game.

Yesung shrugged. "I actually don't know. We've already memorized our songs and everything else that you need to know. I thought it might nice to just relax for today. If you have anything else that you need to do, you can just skip altogether."

"Nah, I'll just stay here. It's too early for me to go home yet. Which reminds me," Kyuhyun paused. "Donghae! Are you gonna walk home with me today?"

Pausing the video that he was watching, Donghae looked at Kyuhyun. "Yeah, why did you even ask? We do that everyday."

"Well, you might walk Hyukjae home today or something." Kyuhyun shrugged, waving a quick hello at Hyukjae who had looked up as well.

"Yesung hyung will walk with me as always. I live too far away for us to go home together." Hyukjae explained, pouting a little at this.

"Ah, okay. I thought I've lost my commute buddy for good." Kyuhyun commented and Hyukjae chuckled.

"Don't worry, he's still yours for about an hour after school. No more after that, though! He's all mine before and after." Hyukjae declared, playfully wagging his pen at Kyuhyun.

"Then I promise to return him to you every evening scratch-free." Kyuhyun promised, playfully winking at Hyukjae.

"You better make sure of that, Kyu!" Laughing, Hyukjae squished Donghae's cheeks in his hands. "At least I don't have to worry about you then~"

When Donghae pinched his nose in retaliation, Hyukjae swatted his hand away, stll laughing as he returned to his notes.

"Aigoo, the new couple acting all cutesy." Kyuhyun commented, taking his eyes off the two and looking back at his hyung. He was about to start a conversation about a random topic when Sungmin started playing another song.

Kyuhyun frowned, sure that he knew that song somehow. It sounded really familiar...

"I like that song!" Ryeowook gasped. "Hyung, sing with me!" he turned to Yesung, who nodded immediately.

"Kyu, sing with us!"

"Ryeowook, I'm not sure if I know this song - "

"It's okay, I'm sure you know this one." Yesung assured him. "Come on, it'll be fun!"

"Uhm, yeah, sure." Kyuhyun answered, and quieted down as Ryeowook started singing gently, and Kyuhyun watched him in surprise.

He had known for a long time now that Ryeowook was a gifted pianist, but he had assumed that that was where most of his talent lay. He had heard some people say that Ryeowook could sing well, but he didn't imagine that he was this good - his voice was really sweet and seemed very stable.

Just then, Kyuhyun realized with a jolt that the music club member who was playing the piano and singing with Yesung that fateful day when he finally found his hyung was Ryeowook.

Ryeowook finished off his part and thrummed his fingers with the beat as Yesung continued with the song, his husky voice in direct contrast to Ryeowook's sweet tones.

As the chorus of the song neared, Yesung shot Kyuhyun a questioning glance, to which Kyuhyun replied with a smile. The first verse was enough to jog Kyuhyun's memory of the song.

As Yesung let out the last notse of the first verse, Kyuhyun took a deep breath and started to sing along with the other two, managing to blend his voice in perfectly.

At the first line, three shocked eyes met each other - even they didn't expect their voices to harmonize that well. Laughing a little in amazement, they continued on with the chorus flawlessly.

The second verse started, and at the silent urging of the other two, Kyuhyun sang the words from his memory, Yesung humming along with him. They took turns with the lines, another voice blending in when needed.

The second chorus started up and there it was again - the flawless harmonization. Shaking his head slightly in disbelief, Kyuhyun watched the other two intently.

Ryeowook started off the bridge, high notes spilling from him effortlessly. Yesung soon followed him, and Kyuhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter