Halloween Special

Forbidden Ways

After a long day of studying at her campus library, Piyoon decided to head home. She didn’t realize it was so late until she stepped out of the campus building. It was pitch black and the children had already gone home. Then she realized she missed her family’s haunted house! Every year her family would create a haunted house in their own living room. It was a good thing the campus was only a ten minute walk away so she was able to quickly head home. You never know the crazy antics university students pull at this time of night.

Disappointed to see the house pitch black, she unlocked the door and kicked her shoes off. Suddenly, the lights . She twirled around to see Jimin sitting on the couch with Suga standing right behind him. Suga slowly covered the other’s eyes and at the same time, a blindfold covered her eyes. 

She quickly tensed but when a pair of hands held her shoulders, she relaxed. “It’s just me,” Jungkook whispered. “Since you didn’t participate in the event, you’ll just experience the horror yourself.”

Her heart rate quickened hearing his soft, velvety voice and also due to the anticipation. Jungkook intertwined their hands together and that made her heart swell with happiness. She didn’t know when the last time they held hands was. Her happiness didn’t last long when he let go of her hand and removed her blindfold. She expected to be at the entrance of their haunted house but instead, all she saw was a mess. He had led her to the kitchen, where all the cupboards and counters were splattered in glow in the dark paint. On top of that, there were raw eggs that were thrown everywhere on the wall. She turned around, seeing Jungkook with the same expression.

“What’s this?” she asked.

“Uh…”

She sighed and called in Jimin and Suga. By the sound of her voice, Suga knew it wasn’t because she was scared. He nudged Jimin and they headed to the kitchen. They approached them but then noticed the condition of their kitchen.

“What the fu-“ Suga nudged Jimin before he could get the word out.

“I’m guessing none of you bothered to watch the surveillance cameras?” she asked and the others looked elsewhere.

“Suga and Jungkook wanted to participate and I had to supervise them. It’s usually Riley’s job to watch the video but he’s away so…” Piyoon sighed, not able to angry at the three of them. It was her Sapphires’ first Halloween after all. Plus, the haunted house was difficult for the five of them in previous years due to the popularity. She could imagine how difficult it was only the three of them. If it wasn’t for her parents’ emergency meeting out of the country, it would have gone a lot smoother and nobody would have egged her house. “My parents are coming home in the morning so I would suggest we clean up.” The three Sapphires nodded and immediately got on it.

First, they had to remove all the curtains that separated the room so they could clearly see what other damage there was. She was helping Jimin while the other two were helping each other. He grabbed a step ladder and untied the drapes that were hung on the railing they set up. He undid the first one and then tried to untie the other, but it was too far for his reach without moving the stepladder. She was about to warn him but it was too late when he tipped over. By reflex, he grabbed on to the drapes and the railing fell over also. Piyoon braced for the impact of the heavy drapes and fell down with it.

“Piyoon!” Suga yelled.

“Are you alright?” Jungkook asked with immense worry after hearing the railing fall down.

She pushed the heavy black drapes off her and replied, “I’m fine! Don’t be like Jimin and be careful!” She looked over to the Sapphire beside her who was already sitting up, holding his forehead. She sighed and moved closer to him, removing his hand. She grimaced when she saw the red mark in the center of his forehead. “Great going,” she commented, pushing his hair out of the way so she could take a closer look.

When he opened his eyes, all he could see was the blur of her hand but when she pushed his hair out of the way, he had the most perfect view of her face. How long has it been since they were this close? Ever since Jungkook and Suga appeared, she only concentrated on them and less with him. He was jealous and so he tried his hardest to get her attention which included trashing his own kitchen and maybe some other parts of the house. For the whole night, Suga and Jungkook were escorts, leading the strangers to the haunted areas and watching the surveillance cameras, the girls didn’t hesitate to grab on to the Sapphires during a jumpscare. If Piyoon were to do the same thing, when would he be able to hold her?

“Jimin?” she called, snapping him out of his trance. “Are you okay?” He nodded before removing her hands from his face. He was tingling at her touch and thought he was going crazy. “Can we get to the couch? I landed on my tailbone.” She nodded and helped him to the couch.

“Are you really okay?” she asked. “It seems you’re going to get a bruise.” She was about to push his hair back again but he grabbed her hand, stopping her. “If you touch my head again…I’m going to kiss you.” She flushed red and pulled her hand back. It hasn’t been long since Jimin confessed his forbidden feelings towards her. She wasn’t used to it at all. It was quite an emotional confession. He was crying when he told her he liked her more than his human’s child and more than a little sister. He was like an older brother to her but deep inside she knew that along the way, she was feeling the same. They haven’t told anyone about it and promised that his feelings wouldn’t get in the way of their friendship. But now that he just bluntly stated that, she couldn’t help but feel awkward. She just hoped that her Sapphires wouldn’t hear her heart beating.

“Nice hair,” she commented after a couple minutes of awkward silence. “Who dyed it?”

“Jin,” he answered. “Do you like it?”

She turned to look at his silver hair and then noticed his blue contact lenses. “It suits you.” “Better than the black?” She hesitated on that one and he laughed. “I’m thinking you really like guys with black hair.”

“Suga does look really good in black. It’s like he’s a whole different person.”

He nudged her, his jealous side coming out. “Hey, I was talking about guys in general – not Suga.”

She sheepishly smiled before touching the collar of his shirt, accidently brushing his neck. “The ruffles suit you as well. Oh! And Suga’s costume is very-“ Her sentence cut short when he suddenly leaned in towards her, their noses almost touching. “Why do you always talk about other males when I’m right in front of you?” he asked in a whisper.

Piyoon opened but she wasn’t able to say a word. He trailed his fingers up her neck, to her cheek and then cupped it in his palm. “Piyoon?” Jungkook called from somewhere in the house. “Are you okay?” She closed her eyes and cursed him. The Sapphire’s concerned question made Jimin smile, knowing he had this effect on her. “Are you nervous?” he asked, making her eyes open. “Does your heart beat wildly and does it make you uncomfortable? This is how you make me feel every day.” He pulled away but before he knew it, he was pulled back and a soft pair of lips was pushed against his.

At first, he wasn’t able to process it. He knew those lips were the ones he stared whenever he had the chance but he couldn’t believe those lips were touching his. By the time he understood what was going on, he quickly pulled away. The look in his eyes would probably be the look she would never forget. It was the look of horror and it broke her heart. He stood up and quickly left her alone in the empty room.

Soon, Jungkook and Suga appeared, clearly alarmed by the sadness that hung heavily in the air. Suga knelt down in front of her and wiped the tears that she didn’t realize that were falling. She stared at the Sapphire in front of her. He was asking her questions, trying to calm her down. On the other side, Jungkook was holding her hand, rubbing the back of her hand with his other hand on her shoulder. How come her heart didn’t beat wildly with these two? How come it was only Jimin that affected her in that way? Realizing that her feelings weren’t far away from his, she closed her eyes as her heart continued to break.

Piyoon was able to calm down after concentrating herself with the cleaning. The Trick-or-Treaters didn’t really egg much of the house, which was a good sign but it was taking down all the props and decorations that took the most time. She didn’t mind because that didn’t allow her to think much about what had happened. After they were done, the three retreated to their rooms, not seeing Jimin anywhere during their cleaning.

There was no way the Sandman was ever going to visit Piyoon that night. She headed downstairs after three hours of restlessness. She paused halfway down when she noticed someone in the living room. He turned around and she relaxed, knowing it was only Jimin and not a stranger that might have hid in their house after the haunted house. She walked into the kitchen without speaking and grabbed herself a glass of milk before warming it up. “Piyoon,” Jimin called from behind her. “…I’m sorry. I didn’t know how to react. It’s my first time and I got caught by surprise.”

“And you think it isn’t my first time?” She turned around, noticing he hadn’t changed out of his costume yet. His eyes widened. “I didn’t mean it like that…”

“Then what do you mean Jimin? Do you think I only did it out of nowhere? I’m not like those girls you watch on TV. I’m not stupid.” She tried to leave but he pulled her back. “Y-you like me?” he asked, clearly surprised.

She blushed. “Do you think I kissed you on the lips because you’re my brother?” She tried to leave once more but this time, he turned her around so they were fully facing each other. “Piyoon…” he called.

“I don’t know when it started. Maybe it happened after you said you liked me. Maybe it happened before. I’m not so sure myself but I didn’t do it to get your hopes up, so I’m sorry if I did. This is forbidden love. We can’t love each other as long as you are Mom’s Sapphire and I am her child.” She turned to leave but not before Jimin wrapped his arms around her shoulders. Her heart beat faster when she felt his chin on the crook of her neck.

“I know what this is. It must’ve taken you a lot of courage to tell me you like me. I’m sorry that I ever confessed. You wouldn’t have been so confused and so hurt. I’m sorry. But for tonight…can’t we just be forbidden lovers? Before the clock strikes twelve, can I hold you tight and never let you go?” Piyoon closed her eyes as her heart clenched. How was it that her life became a Romeo and Juilet story? Slowly, she nodded and he hugged her tighter, a tear escaping their eyes.

---

Ugh, guise. 

This was originally supposed to be a fun Happy Halloween special but it got nothing to do with Happy. It was in the beginning of my draft but then it ended like this so I decided to just post this part. Believe it or not, it took me like 4 hours to get this part done. Why? Because I'm on my keyboard. I don't like typing on this nasty keyboard and with so many distractions on my computer, I can't get it done. (Too lazy to find my iPod) 

Anyway, to all those Jiyoon shippers, there's your bit of fun lol.

OH! And I wanted to make a one shot of Jimin based on those above GIFs but seriously...who can think of one that's not R rated?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! (it's currently 11:50PM OCT.31 [oops])