Their Connection

Forbidden Ways

Piyoon woke up in a black room. She didn't know if her eyes were really open or not because she could not see a single thing. Then, a light behind her and she turned around. There was nothing there.

Then, she heard footsteps echoing in front of her. She smiled when she saw Jungkook under the light. She was going to approach him but another light beside him. Someone else stepped into the light but she could only make out the person's shadow. For sure the person was male and as tall as Jungkook but she couldn't see his face.

"Why?" the shadow asked in a deep voice. "Why him? He's dangerous." She looked over to Jungkook whose eyes weren't normal. They were glowing red and his expression wasn't at the least kind.

"Jungkook?" He approached her and stopped when his toes touched hers. His hands travelled to her neck and gripped it. He gripped it tighter and tighter, making it hard for her to breathe. She squeaked out and tried to pull his hands away from her, which was no use. The shadow man appeared beside him. "Why him?" A gun shot rang and hit Jungkook on the shoulder.

Piyoon jolted awake in the middle of the night, all sweaty and tense. She sat up, her legs hanging over the bed. Her elbows rested on her thighs as she held her head. It was such a strange dream. She thought she wouldn't be able to sleep after that but once she hit the pillow she drifted off to sleep. She must have been exhausted.

It was noon when she decided to wake up. She sat up when she noticed how late it was. She usually never slept until noon. Another thing was, she was late to meet Jungkook! Piyoon rushed to get ready and ran down the stairs to see the Sapphire in the kitchen. Her eyes widened and approached him.

"What are you doing here?" she asked much panicked. If her parents saw him, she would be dead!

"I let him in." She turned around to see Jimin approaching her.

"Why?" she asked. She would have never imagined him ever letting Jungkook in. She must have been dreaming.

"He was loitering around the porch. It seemed like he had something very important to say considering that he appeared in front of our house at 10."

She looked at Jungkook who was staring at the table. She agreed to meet him in the alley at 11 so why was he here? Piyoon was about to ask about her parents when they heard a door opening on the top floor. Their eyes widened in panic. She pulled Jungkook up from his seat while Jimin led them to the pantry closet. "Don't say a word," he warned before he shut the door.

Once he did, the room was pitch black. The only light that entered was from the cracks on the door. "Jungkook?" she called.

"I'm here," he answered, reaching out to find her hand and held it.

The door suddenly opened and they jumped in surprise. Jimin's eyes trailed down to their hands and as if they were caught the two quickly let go. "False alarm," he said. "Let's talk quietly."

The two left the closet and sat down at the dining table. Riley had left to do some errands, the reason he wasn't present at the moment. Piyoon was still confused as to why Jungkook was in her house and why Jimin even let him in.

"Explain to her," Jimin instructed.

The other looked at him nervously and nodded. "I had a vision of your dream," he told Piyoon.

Her eyes widened. "What? Wait, how do you know it was mine?"

"Sapphires don't have dreams. The only time we 'dream' is when our human has a disturbing dream. That alerts us that our human is distressed and we should be there to comfort them. But the thing is..."

"The thing is, he isn't your Sapphire," Jimin continued for him. "There's something obviously between you two. So we're heading out."

"Where?" she asked.

"To meet someone who knows what's going on."

When Riley came back, Jimin took the car and drove the two to their destination. Riley is an acquaintance of a Sapphire that is known to know more than the books itself. Many humans tried to find this Sapphire but no one was able to. That Sapphire was always on the move from one area to the other with its human so it was almost impossible to find them. It's surprising that Riley personally knew the Sapphire and still kept in contact with him. Since he wasn't able to go with them, he informed the wise Sapphire of the three guests.

After an awkward car ride, they arrived at their destination on the other side of the city in a small neighbourhood. Jimin pressed the doorbell. Without an answer, the door unlocked itself and it slightly open. "Come on," he told the other two, heading in first. When they stepped in, they met an old man sitting in his wheelchair in front of them with a parrot on the handle of his chair.

"We're friends of Riley," Jimin informed. Without a word, the man pushed himself to another room and the others took that as a sign to follow him. They were in the living room when the parrot flew on the edge of a shelf and squawked. "Sit down," it said.

Piyoon slightly jumped when she heard the parrot speak. The two Sapphires were perfectly calm as they knew who the parrot is. Perry is the parrot.

"What brings you here?" Perry asked with another squawk at the end of his sentence.

"It's regarding these two," Jimin said, getting right to the point. "Riley must have already informed you what their situation is."

"Yes, that's correct. You must want them to be separated quickly since you skipped the introductions." If he had eyebrows, he would have raised one.

Piyoon nudged the impatient Sapphire. "My name is Piyoon. This is Jimin and Jungkook. Sorry for his behaviour."

"Yes. I'm Perry, as you all know, and this is Henry. Since I already know the basics of your situation, would you mind telling me the first time you two met?"

"Jungkook was in an alley when I met him," she answered. "I was just heading home."

Perry nodded his head. "And Jungkook, who was your previous human?"

He took a quick look at Piyoon before looking at Perry. "...he's a Hunter."

Piyoon's and Jimin's eyes widened in surprise. "Your human is a Hunter and you approached her?! You could have put her in danger!" Jimin yelled. 

"My human isn't dangerous!" he defended.

"That's what a Hunter's Sapphire would say!"

Perry squawked loudly. "Be quiet!" Piyoon grabbed Jimin's hand to calm him down. He pulled his hand away in anger and leaned back on the couch.

Perry continued the questions. "Now, why did he Deregister you instead of sell you in the black market?"

"I don't think he hunts. He told me I didn't belong with him, so he Deregistered me."

The parrot cocked his head forward. "I see. And Piyoon, have you found your Sapphire yet?"

She hesitated. "I know where it is..." Jungkook looked at her. "But I didn't meet it yet. I didn't think I was ready. I wanted to know what my connection with Jungkook is first. At first, the feeling was faint but now, we can apparently communicate through my dreams."

According to their answers, he couldn't find a real reason why the two, who were so different from each other, were connected. "Hmm. Considering the fact that Jungkook doesn't have a particularly special human, and the fact that you don't come from a particularly special family, there isn't a reason why you two should be attracted to each other. Unless..."

Perry flew to the bookshelf. "Help me with this carrot top."

"Carrot top?" Jimin scoffed in disbelief. The other squawked and told him to hurry up. He did what he was told unwillingly and grabbed the book he wanted. He even flipped to a certain page by demand.

It looked just like a regular book about Sapphires. There are thousands published all over the world as it's the most common nonfiction book many authors write about. There are so many information and new information about Sapphires. Sure, they're made in Facilities all over the world but none of the employees disclose any information to the outside world as to how they're made and programmed. There are books about the first-ever Sapphire (which many argue about), many on the anatomy of Sapphires, the rules and regulations all Sapphires and humans need to know, myths and facts, and even the rare topic of destiny.

There aren't many books and journals on that topic because it's so complicated and vague. How are Sapphires assigned to us? How do we know that Sapphire fits our personality? How is it that Sapphires are like our soul mates? Not many can go through such depths as to research and experiment it. The book that Jimin was holding is one of those rare books or journals rather, that was published in the topic of destiny and fate. It was written by a friend of Perry's human and therefore there are less than five copies out there.

"Switched fates?" Jimin read the title.

Perry's human spoke for the first time, making everyone look at him. "The article is about Sapphires who are paired up with the wrong human." Perry flew over and landed on the handle of his wheelchair. "You know about this?" he squawked.

Henry nodded. "I remember him telling me about this. He had interviewed many randomly selected people but there was one person in particular who did not get along with her Sapphire at all. It seemed like there was no connection, apart from the fact that they sensed each other. Their personalities didn't match and always clashed."

"Do you think that's the same situation as me?" Piyoon asked.

"I don't know," he answered. "You haven't met your Sapphire yet."

The three left the house with a copy of the article in hand. Although they had many thoughts in their head, they kept it to themselves. The information they got was too overwhelming and asking questions out loud would just make it worse.

After a short car ride, Jimin stopped in front of a tall building. It looked like an apartment building almost. "I'll wait in the car," he said before the two got out. They stared at the building in front of them and then looked at each other. They smiled slightly and headed in with his hand tightly wrapped around hers. When they entered, it looked exactly like a hotel lobby.

"How can I help you?" the lady at the front desk asked.

"Uhh...my name is Jungkook. I was introduced here..." he introduced awkwardly, not knowing what to say at a place like that. The lady looked at Piyoon. "She's just a friend," he informed.

The receptionist nodded and began typing in the computer. "You'll have to follow me so I can get papers done."

Piyoon tugged on Jungkook's shirt. "I'll come back tomorrow at this exact time. When you get settled in, you can show me around tomorrow. I can't keep Jimin waiting." He nodded and let go of her hand. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Promising to see him the next day, she waved and left the building. She got into the car and Jimin drove away. Her head leaned against the door, in deep thoughts. But first thing's first. "Are we good?" she asked.

"What?"

"You yelled at Jungkook earlier because you said I could have been in danger." She turned her head a bit to see his expression but he had a good poker face on. "You didn't say anything about my mom. I'm just wondering if we're friends again, since friends care for each other and all," she said quickly before he could make an excuse to include her mom.

Jimin sighed through his nose. "Yeah. We're good."

"Okay..." She looked back outside. She was waiting for him to explain himself for acting the way he did or at least apologize. She completely understood the fact that her mom is his first priority but that didn't mean his words didn't hurt her.

"I'm sorry for yesterday," he spoke. "I didn't think you'd be glad to see me. Since we were fighting and all." She looked at him. She didn't expect him to apologize for not showing up. "I should have been there earlier but because I was selfish, I didn't want you to feel disappointed that I came instead of Riley."

"I was disappointed that you didn't," she mumbled but he heard her loud and clear, making him feel guiltier.

"Oh, and just so you know, the news about the Sapphire killing its human was false. The guy who killed the both of them was actually the one who held the hostage."

"Really?"

"He's crazy," he put it simply. They were quiet for a few more minutes before Piyoon requested that he dropped her off at the road leading to the tree on top of the hill. He did ask her why but she didn't answer, only informing him she'd bring back a guest.

---

Hello! How have you been? Hope this fic is to your liking.

Also, I've made a small character change. I've been contemplating this a lot and decided to go with it. I decided to replace Jooheon with Shownu. He doesn't really have much involvement as of yet so it prob wouldn't affect you readers since there's no complete character development. (unless you like Jooheon then my apologies!) I decided to do so because he has such a bigger role in the future chapters and I can't really imagine smooth skin, baby-faced Jooheon to be the character for that. He's too innocent and cute! *-*