Her Sapphire

Forbidden Ways

It was only two hours after noon. The hot sun was blazing down at her but that wasn't the reason Piyoon was sweating. She was sweating because she was nervous. Her hands were clammy and sweat ran along her hairline. There is no description on how nervous she felt. There were so many thoughts and so many hesitations. It was basically a tornado of 'what if's in her head.

The cave was coming into view and she couldn't avoid it any longer. The presence was stronger than she thought it would feel like. It was twice as much as she felt with Jungkook the first time they met.

Then, she stopped – she couldn't go any further but she felt the Sapphire coming towards her.

Her hands tightened into fists and she got in a defensive stance, ready to run away if it was some kind of bear or tiger. Her Sapphire could have been anything and if it was a big animal, she would have ran and come back another time or maybe not come back at all.

The reason why she decided to meet her Sapphire was because she wanted to know if that article was true. What if she was matched with the wrong Sapphire? What if her fate took the wrong turn? The only way to find out was to find the Sapphire and test out their compatibility. If the Sapphire was too different from her, she would have to conclude that Jungkook was made for her and some arrangements would have to be made. If that isn't the case then...

With bent knees and one leg behind the other, she waited for the Sapphire to come out. To her relief, it wasn't a typical animal found in a cave. It was a boy around her age just like Jimin and Jungkook. He was as tall as the other two; he had slightly slanted eyes, thin lips and a skinny build. They stared at each other for what seemed like forever. Then, he smirked and that took her by surprise. She didn't know what to make of that smirk. It wasn't a 'you finally found me' smirk, that's for sure. It was between, 'you found me,' and 'I knew you would come back, ha, in your face' kind of smirk.

He approached her and held out his hand. "My name is Suga."

"Suga...?" she repeated in confusion. Now that he was up close, she could tell he's a handsome one. Were male Sapphires always so handsome? "Yes, my name's Suga. Unless you would like to change my name?"

She shook her head and grabbed his hand. "My name is Piyoon. Nice to meet you." He smirked again. She didn't understand. She thought that Sapphires were supposed to be super happy to meet their human but this one…he wasn't as excited as she thought he would be, especially when he knew she ran away from him on purpose in the past.

He wasn't a talkative one, that's for sure. He didn't say a word on their way to her house. She thought her Sapphire would be more talkative but she was wrong. She thought he would be someone who would complement her quiet personality. When they reached her house, she was hesitant to enter. She was afraid of what the others would think. Jungkook was with her not too long ago and after she sent him off, she went to meet another Sapphire. Wasn't this considered as 'cheating'? It definitely felt like it because she was not planning to let them ever meet. But she was doing this for science. She was trying to prove a theory.

Taking a deep breath, she entered the house with Suga right behind her. "I'm home," she announced. Riley wheeled his chair to the front. He stared at the Sapphire and then back to Piyoon. "Who...?"

"He's...my Sapphire."

Riley's eyes grew like saucers as he looked between the two of them. "Seriously?" he asked. "He's your Sapphire? What about-" he stopped short. "You wanted to test the theory?" She nodded, believing Jimin had filled him in with the details of the house visit.

Before she could ask where Jimin was, he came through the front door with her parents. Her parents were home earlier than expected. "Hi..." her mom greeted Suga, "and you are...?"

"Mom, dad, Jimin..." She watched his reaction but he didn't give her one. He wasn't surprised like Riley was and if he was, he didn't show it. "This is Suga...my Sapphire."

Her parent's reactions were expected. Their eyes widened and a smile stretched on their face. It was the first smile she saw after their argument and it was sad, really. He looked at her and before she could even catch that, her parents pulled him into a hug, taking him by surprise.  "It's finally nice to meet you!" her mom exclaimed. "I thought my daughter would never find you!" Yongil nudged her. "Anyway, my name is Taerin this is Jimin, my Sapphire."

"My name is Yongil and over there is Riley, my Sapphire. I hope we all get along."

The new Sapphire smiled awkwardly and nodded. It was weird having humans treat him so nicely. He had never met humans before and from rumors he heard, they were nice as long as you are well behaved. The thing is, he didn't even do anything or even say a word and this family was treating him so well. He actually braced himself for the worse when the three of them appeared by the door but there was nothing to worry about.

"Your name is Suga?" Taerin asked and he nodded. "Well, we can't really call you by that name in public, so how about we change your name?" "Uh..." he was unsure but Piyoon's parents had none of it. "We'll call you Yoongi! That would have been our child's name if we had a boy. How about it? Piyoon?" She nodded awkwardly, not really having a choice. Although the name didn’t really suit him, she couldn't say no when her parents were this excited. In fact, they were more excited than when she brought Jungkook in.

After her parents left, Suga said, “Piyoon and Yoongi…it really sounds like we’re siblings.”

She smiled awkwardly. “You don’t have to use that name. My parents are just excited.”

"Why's that?" he questioned.

"Uh...well whose parents aren't?" she replied. "I’ll tour you around the house and then I'll get you another set of clothes if you want." They started in the living room and ended the tour in her room. Then, she left him to go to the Sapphires’ room to grab a new set of clothes for him to sleep in. She froze when she opened the door to see Jimin reading a book on his bed. Usually he'd be in the living room.

Although they kind of made up back in the car, there was still some awkwardness. She wanted to see a reaction from him when she brought her Sapphire home. She expected a question, a twitch, anything! But he kept his poker face on and it frustrated her. "Can I grab your clothes to give to Suga?" she asked and he nodded, going back to his book.

Piyoon opened his drawer and took out the clothes she needed. She was about to leave the room but she turned around to face him. "Aren't you going to ask?" she spoke, frustrated at his lack of interest.

He looked up from his book and gave her a questioning look. "About what?"

"About Suga. About Jungkook. Aren't you going to ask why I brought him back when I just sent him off? Aren't you going to say anything about what I did?"

"You can do whatever you want. It's your decision. I don't have to pry into your choices."

"...fine." With that, she left the room. Of course it frustrated her when he was all up in her business and then suddenly he has no interest. She knew he was in those mood swings again so she didn't ask any further. She wished he could have said that to her when she first brought in Jungkook.

All was well in the house as it seemed a bit brighter now that Suga was there. That was the case for everyone but Piyoon. By bringing him in, she had this nauseous feeling in her gut. She felt like she was doing him wrong by using him to test a theory that may not even be true. It would probably take years to really know if they actually match her each other in terms of personality. Piyoon slowly started to regret her decision.

"Are you alright?" Piyoon looked up from her lap to Riley. They were in the living room watching TV while her parents and Jimin were at the dining table talking to the new Sapphire. "Are you thinking about what happened today?" Riley always seemed to read her like a book.

She shrugged. "I don't know if bringing him here was a good decision. In the end, I'll end up hurting both of them and I don't want that."

He smiled and patted her shoulder. "Sometimes, you are too nice. Sapphires are made to satisfy you. I know whatever decision you make, they will love you no matter what."

"I know. But still, they'll be hurt. I'm bringing my Sapphire in without Jungkook knowing and I'm seeing him without Suga knowing. Do people who cheat feel this way? If they do, I don't know how they manage. If they do, they're monsters." Riley laughed.

"Is there something fun on TV?" Jimin asked, sitting on the space beside Piyoon. She hugged her knees close to her chest. "Nothing you need to know."

"Come on, don't keep your jokes to yourself!" He playfully nudged her arm with his elbow. She looked at him with the best 'who are you and what have you done to Jimin' expression she had.

"Are you in your mood changes?" Riley asked with his brow raised. "You've been quite nasty the past few weeks. Going from that to smiling no matter what, still gives me the chills."

 

The next morning, Shownu arrived at Piyoon's house and hung out on her porch. The reason why he was sitting outside her door was because he was pretty worried about her. On the day of the incident, he left her abruptly due to personal reasons. He could feel her shaking in his arms but she told him to go and that made him worry. The emergency he had to attend to took longer than expected, hence he couldn't check up on her any earlier. He wanted to make sure she was alright even though he did tell her to call him if anything happened.

He was so deep into his own thoughts that he didn't hear the door unlock. When Piyoon threw the door open, he jumped in surprise, falling over the edge of her porch. He yelled in surprise and tried to grab on to something but there was nothing until she quickly grabbed his arm and tugged him back. Unfortunately, she pulled a lot harder than she needed to and she fell back, landing on her bottom with him falling right after. He was able to catch himself and land on all fours so he wouldn't fall on top of her. His arms and knees were planted on both sides of her body and their faces just inches away from each other, enough to feel each other's ragged breaths. Before they could even react, the Sapphires ran out of the house to see him on top of Piyoon. Their reflexes were fast but only one of them was faster. Jimin was about to pick Shownu up by the collar but Suga ducked by and got to him first. That took Jimin by surprise. He wasn't used to anyone reacting faster than him.

He pulled him up by the collar and a bit off the ground and asked with a growl, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Shownu was basically on his toes and panicking, looking down at him. He was surprised that someone shorter and thinner than him had the strength to lift him up on his toes. "It was an accident!" he cried, trying to pull his hands off him.

"It was an accident!" Piyoon repeated, standing up. "Put him down!" Suga looked at her before letting go. Shownu rubbed his throat where the fabric of his shirt chocked him and coughed violently. "Are you alright?" she asked in concern. He nodded but he kept coughing. "Jimin, can you get him a glass of water?"

"...yeah." He came back with a cold glass of water and Shownu gratefully chugged it down.

"Thank you," he said, finally able to speak. Then his eyes nervously looked at the three males that stood around him. "Sorry, for what I did." He looked at Piyoon. "Sorry."

She shook her head. "Shownu and I are going to school. We're eating dinner together, too so don't wait up." At her words his eyes widened a bit, surprised that she even said that. She should have been avoiding him like she usually did. Piyoon grabbed his arm and pulled him along before any of the Sapphires could say a word. After rounding the corner and away from sight, she slowed her pace down and so did he. Looking back she let out a breath of relief. "You're alright?" she asked and he nodded. Then, he asked the same to her. "Yeah. What were you doing in front of my house?"

"I was worried about you. I left so suddenly that day and I didn't hear a call from you so..."

Her attention went back to the road as she replied, "It's really odd to hear you say that."

"...huh?"

"I mean, you're always cracking jokes and annoying the heck out of me. To hear you awkwardly ask me if I got home safely is funny." She lightly smiled.

He rolled his eyes but then smirked. "If hearing me say that is funny, then you're funnier." She stopped smiling and looked at him. He smiled and tightened the hold of her arm around his and held her hand. "Because you haven't let go of my arm yet. I didn't know you were so sly."

Piyoon blushed and tried to tug her arm out his hold. "Let me go!"

"You're the one who started it," he sung. "I'm not going to let go until we reach the school. Also, are we really going out to eat?" "No!" They really walked all the way to school with their arms looped around each other's.

That evening, Piyoon took a taxi and arrived at the organization Jungkook was residing at. She approached the front desk and asked for him. Since she wasn't allowed to enter the facility, the receptionist called Jungkook down instead.

"Piyoon!" he called when he entered the lobby. She looked up from where she was standing and smiled. He approached her and took her by surprised when he hugged her like he hadn't seen her in a while. He let go and apologized. "It that this place doesn't allow humans to enter. Let's go outside."

Like a gentleman, he carried her backpack for her as they walked down the street hand in hand. "How was your night?" she asked.

"I actually don't remember. I think I was pretty tired and fell right asleep."

"It sure was information overload yesterday," she agreed. Then, she thought about her Sapphire. She should tell him but what if he feels betrayed? No, considering his personality, he would tell her to stop seeing him and concentrate on her own life. He would actually be sincerely happy that she decided to find her Sapphire.

"About yesterday...you said you found your Sapphire." Her eyes widened as she looked at him. Did he just read her mind? "Or you know where it is. Why don't you just meet it? You don't have to stop yourself because of me. Actually, I will feel very relieved if you meet your Sapphire. You will have someone who will understand your feelings." He finally looked at her and she softened. Her prediction was right.

"I'm going to wait," she said, looking back at the road. "It's exam month." And he smiled.

It was truly a hectic month for Piyoon. She had so many assignments, quizzes and exams right before the semester ended. She barely saw Jungkook and she barely had any interaction with her family. Her Sapphire wasn't even around when she was in her room studying. If it wasn't for her walks to school, she would barely even see sunlight.

Finally, exams were completed and the semester was done! She could finally have her long awaited summer break that she deserved. Her sleeping hours from then on would be more than the five hours. When she arrived home, the first thing she did was kick her shoes off, throw her bag somewhere and lied down on the couch, taking half of it. Her legs were hanging off the arm rest and her arms were spread across the couch. She smiled and closed her eyes, wanting to take an immediate nap.

Then, she felt the couch dip and something touch the top of her head. She opened her eyes and tilted her head up to see who that was. It was hard seeing by the way she was angled but since she didn't see any orange, she automatically assumed it was Suga. She relaxed again and closed her eyes.

"You're done?" he asked.

"I'm done," she confirmed. "No more school. No more tests. And more sleep." She was about to drift into sleep but her eyes shot open when he asked, "When will you register me?"

With the sudden question that woke her up, she lifted herself up with her elbow and looked down at him. Some of her hair landed on his face so he gently brushed it away and was able to secure it behind her ear. Her heart thumped and she sat up in surprise. Why was she even reacting like that? She really needs to get her head straight.

"Piyoon?" he called. "Are you okay? Did you hear what I asked?"

"I did," she replied. "Where is it?"

He sat up and answered, "Not far from here. Maybe a couple miles away?" Her eyes blinked nervously. She expected it to be much further away so she could make up some excuse but seeing that he was made in the same facility as Jimin was, there was no avoiding it. Now, all she needed to do was come up with exaggerated excuses. There was no way her 'fear of heights' would work, nor would 'sea sickness'.

"…Yeah. Let's go when the weather is nice. It's going to be a long walk once we get off the bus. Let's go another day." That will be her excuse for more days to come.

---

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well! Sorry I haven't been updating. Reason? Just like Piyoon, it had been a hectic month from when I last updated a month ago. I really wish I could update more from now on but nope! I have a summer semester full time. Amazing, right?

Also, I hope you don't mind another main character. :) I was having a really hard time finding the right character as her Sapphire and sorry there wasn't a lot of content on Suga. There are more chapters to come!

Be sure to be fed! (my new goodbye)