Chapter 2

Look At Me

 

Chapter 2

 

 

“Seo Hyun and Yong Hwa. My super diligent student is featuring my amazing new student,” Kang Songsaengnim smiled widely from ear to ear, patted Yong Hwa’s shoulder. He seemed very attracted.

                The music class just started, and the first thing to do was making a pairing. Every student should be on partner to work for any music class duties for a year ahead. It determined randomly, now using somelike lottery.                 

                “This is unfair, Songsaengnim! The best is pairing with the best, so the rest will be all the worst!” some students protested.

                Kang Songsaengnim said calmly, “You yourself have decided the method, so what else can I do? You must believe in yourself. Everyone can make the best.”

                No one could give any response. The teacher exactly had a point.

                “So, my pleasure to see your pairing duet stage, then? I want to make you and your partner closer. Meet up at music practical room next week!” Then he went out. Class suddenly became noisy. Still thirty minutes left.

                “What will we do? Let’s talk out.” Seo Hyun came to a boy that now was leaning little bit lazily in the wall.

                Yong Hwa shrugged, “I’m following you.”

                “Ne?”

                “Do whatever you want. I am busy enough to do something like this.”

                Seo Hyun’s mouth opened, couldn’t stand for his words. “What do you mean? We must discuss at least, and practice together for some times.”

                “I think I am not in the mood of practicing, Seo Hyun-ssi.”

                “Ne?” Seo Hyun’s voice came out higher.

                “Listen,” Yong Hwa went into Seo Hyun’s confused eyes, “Do what you think the best, then tell me what should I do, and I bet next week we will do great. Believe me.”

                “You don’t have any plan to practice together?” Seo Hyun now was really taken aback.

                He raised his eyebrow, “I don’t think it is good idea. Choose one, tell me. Very easy, right?”

                “Yah!” Seo Hyun yelled out, “What the hell is coming in your mind? Do you think being a very great singer and composer can pass all of this?”

                “Exactly that the way I’m thinking of.”

                “WHAT?!”

                Yong Hwa made any ‘just take it easy’ gesture, “You’re good in music. So, we’re enough to just make a concept.”

                “No, we’re partner. This is the purpose of the task! Besides, you can’t be that overproud of yourself!”

                Yong Hwa stood erectly. Seohyun was burning of emotions.

“I’m sorry, Seo Hyun-ssi. I always have schedule after school is over,”

                Seo Hyun became hard. She couldn’t believe Yong Hwa was this worst. Angrily face drawn down of her. Then she went out. No words left.

               

*&^%$#@

               

                “Your playing was awesome, Hyunnie! You can be a pianist in the future, I bet!” A boy, two years old headed of hers, was standing in front of her and her black piano, clapping around in impressed gesture after Seo Hyun pressed the last tuts.

                Seo Hyun chuckled very happily, smiles went up through her lips. “I want to be a doctor, Oppa. But, thankyou. You always come to support me.”

                “I’m here for you.” That boy threw a smile back, then continued in very smooth-serious voice, “Hyunnie. You can be those both. You’re too perfect.”

                “Ah, Oppa…”

                “No one can reject you. I will wait until the moment when our young Hyun became a lady.”

                Seo Hyun blushed. Rose in the bright autumn resembled her.  

 

                Three days had passed by, and no progress had made even a bit. Yong Hwa seemed like did not take in mind about their pairing stage. He even never initially asked out or talked to Seo Hyun first. She could do nothing, except practicing alone everyday in the music room after school. She was not in the mood to just make a concept of performance. I will do it by myself. So watch out you jerk, Jung Yong Hwa!

                But this is not the way, Seo Hyun. You must do in pairing. Go search Yong Hwa! Confront him if it needs. Another side of her mind screamed like crazy.

                So this was she now. Standing in front of Yong Hwa who sat calmly holding his guitar, still in the empty class. School was over.

                “You can’t do this! You are a singer, but you really not the singer, Jung Yong Hwa.” She tried to spill everything pushed in her mind out.

                Yong Hwa, who feel surprised with sudden event, looked up in silent. He was still hooked up some awareness.

                “If you really a singer, who can do anything even a very little-unprecious thingy like just performing at class, then you must prove it. Come to go duet with me. Let me see your true talent.”

                “Ne?”

                “Honestly, rather than feed up through your arrogance, I look down on you now.”

                “What? Look down?” Yong Hwa was amused. He never imagined words like this would come facing him in easy, through girl mouth. “Don’t push yourself too much, Seo Hyun..”

                “I’m serious! You’re irritating. Your behavior was not getting along with your talent. You’re trouble.”

                Yong Hwa blinked, then laughed around instead of getting hurt. Seo Hyun gradually felt uneasy. Dangerous face she made now plastered of confusing.

“You’re funny, Seo Hyun-ssi.” After controlling himself, he continued, “Ahrasseo. Come to this place tomorrow evening, around 8 P.M.” He wrote down an address on the piece of paper, then gave to Seo Hyun.

“W-what is this?”

“CN Blue studio.”

Seo Hyun’s eyes widened. “Ne?”

Yong Hwa played his guitar for two seconds, ignoring Seo Hyun’s reaction. “Hmm. I’m hungry, anyway. Do you have some food to share with?”

Still holding her forehead frowned, she opened up her school bag, and took out a lunch box. All in silent, without any protest. “I.. still have some sandwich.”

“Thank you.”Yong Hwa cut off, and put the sandwich Seo Hyun offered to his mouth. A moment later, he muttered, “Not bad.”

Seo Hyun’s mind was full of questions. This was so sudden, random, and unexpected. What kind of people is Jung Yong Hwa? He can be arrogance, but quite nice in the same time.

*&^%$#@

 

                Seo Hyun always came as usual, wearing comfort sweater and jeans combined with her pair of boots. She was now standing in front of huge building, somewhat like apartment. She cheked the address written in the peace of paper she hold, and this was the right one. So she came in, looking for the lift to reach the right level of floor.

 

*&^%$#@

                Yong Hwa was plucked the guitar in harmony, singing around the song he very liked. Bon Jovi always became his idol, so the songs always filled in his mind. It had been fifteen minutes, he reached the studio earlier.

                “Anneyong. No see for a long time, Oppa.” A very familiar voice came out in sudden, filled the air that make Yong Hwa looked up in flustering heart. This voice never surpassed him that easy.

                A woman with a long little fluffy wavy hair stood in front of the door, smiled. Her skin was bright as her perfect shape body, wearing up a casual blue dress and equal colour boots. She walked to reach Yong Hwa which now sat down still, holding up his breath.

                “How are you, Oppa?” She still threw out a smile. “It has been a while.”

                Yong Hwa stood up. “What are you doing here?” His voice sounded a little bit scattered.

                “I just dropped by.”

                “Tell me.”

                “Ahrasseo,” She faced Yong Hwa, “I called your dongsaengs and they told me to come here.”

                Yong Hwa’s eyes was not even gone a second from that girl. The time right now, Park Shin Ye always made him sick and insane. Everyday, everynight, every single minute.

                “You’re so popular recently, Oppa. I’m so glad to see your success.”

                “When did you exactly come back to Korea?” Yong Hwa ignored whatever the mannered Shin Ye did.

                Shin Ye rolled her eyes, thinking, “Ah, emm. Around a month ago. I’m back here, Oppa. I entered acting school.”

                Yong Hwa’s eyes widened. You said you will be at Korea forever and ever?

                “Two years in New York for studying acting was kind of boring. I miss Korea, and beside, I will debuted soon in my first drama. Next month, the filming will begin. So, from now on, I’m back living here!”

                Now Yong Hwa stood blankly. Two years ago, he did the same, stood up like stupid. Letting this girl reach her dreams to New York, all in silent without any rejection and honesty came through his mouth. Without any single word he could mutter, he couldn’t express to show how deadly hard it was to be left out.

                “I want to visit you soon, Oppa, but sorry, I only just have time. I think you’re busy, too.” She smiled with a little of guilty, “You seemed good, and healthy, Oppa. Handsome!” She put her palm on Yong Hwa’s cheek, caressed smoothily.

                Yong Hwa still did nothing. He just stare at Shin Ye, sadly and miserably. He wanted this girl so much.

                She suddenly looked up her watch, “Ah, I shall go, Oppa.”

                It was a minute when she turned back, then Yong Hwa reached her hand. He gently put his arms around her neck, and came to hug her from the back. No one moved. Park Shin Ye’s eyes come wide, but she did nothing.

                “Don’t.. go.” Yong Hwa whispered. Don’t even disappear from my sight! I beg you! Put, none came through his mouth.

Shin Ye could feel his breath through his right ears. “Oppa..”

                “Just a moment. Let me do this, a moment.” Then he closed her eyes, enjoying the warm of Shin Ye’s existence. Feeling the fragrant of his hair, and let the emotions flew away through his blood.

                At the same time, Seo Hyun was exactly standing back in the door, leaning on the wall. She watched everything, every moment. Then, without muttering any single word, she left away.