Chapter 1

Look At Me

 

Chapter 1

 

 

The very first day of new academical semester spreaded over hopes and joy, full of energy and shining of spirit. Everything felt fresh, as we’re starting a new fairytale book.

               

Seohyun ran out like a horse running at runch, trying to control her breath that gradually lost of rhytm. Drops of sweat flew through their cheek, keeping down until her white silky neck. Her hair tighted up in ponytail, letting the sun went in her skin pores. That was nine o’clock, and she was still having sport class that seemed everlasting. It was already five times since she started running around the school yard, hardly pushing her last energy. One more around, she thought, before this running session really ended.          

CKIIIIITTTT!

A ran-rouver which came from somewhere took a sharp maneuver, making very sudden movement. Seohyun got splashed out of stop-flowing water nearby because of that very moment accident. Unluckily, her sport uniform was almost full of dirty brown spots.

She stood surprisely.

“Sorry, jinjja.” A bass voide came out.

“Ne, jinjja. Mianhamnida.” Another voice added.

Seo Hyun tilted her head up, founded four boys who got off the ran-rouver talked to her, standing across. They looked a little bit familiar, Seo Hyun’s mind just searching some hidden clues.

“Ah, It’s okay.” Seo Hyun said, altough she hated the fact that she had to wash this outfit out.

“But your outfit… jinjja. We are really sorry.” The first boy was still feeling guilty.

Seohyun smiled, “Anniyo. I can handle it myself.”

The three boys then looked like passing some relieve. Before time could handle its power, Seo Hyun got a right moment to catch last guy’s eyes, boy without some worries about her, the cold one that was just standing behind the others and did nothing.

“See you around!” said the highest boy again, back to Seo Hyun, waving his hand. They went into the school building.

*&^%$#@

 

                “My name is Jung Yong Hwa. I am from CN Blue.”

                Seo Hyun sat down in her class with eyes widened. This is! Guy who rode the damn ran-rouver together with his dongsaengs. CN Blue member, CN Blue’s leader, Jung Yong Hwa. But he was really different from Seo Hyun thought of, beside his performance as a talented lead vocal. Jung Yong Hwa in her point of view now was a guy with that kind of ice-eyes and cold look, precisely the same with the one she met this morning.

                “Yong Hwa-ssi, your desk is exactly behind Seo Hyun-ssi’s.” Kang Songsaengnim said to Yong Hwa, pointed the desk behind a girl with a ponytail tighted up of her hair. Yong Hwa’s eyes met Seo Hyun’s for a second, then he walked straightly to his chair, immediately sat down.

                Seo Hyun turned back, and took a smile, “Anneyong.”

                Yong Hwa just nodded.

*&^%$#@

               

                “So, he is in your class. The Leader-ssi. And his desk is behind yours.” Hyeo Yeon emphasize her sentence.

                “Ne.” Seo Hyun answered. They were in the music practice room, having some student extra activities after school hours. Both joined music club.

                Seo Hyun opened up her partitur book, examining the violin notes. Hye Yeon actually warmed up, was going to practice some new dance moves. “Are you no interested, Hyun-ah? A very famous singer.” She started teasing Seo Hyun.

                “Ne? Anniyo. He is damn cold, not friendly at all.” She chuckled, “But I must take a look of his works, he’s very talented. It can burn my motivation.”   

                Hye Yeon stopped her move, then eyed straight to Seo Hyun, “That’s you. Flat. Straight. You come in that kind of thought. Not a common girls thought.”

“What kind of common girls thought? I am still normal, Yeon-ah.”

“Jinjja! I’ve known you for a long time.”

“Yeon-ah, jeonmal.” Seo Hyun replied Hye Yeon’s little sharp sight, “I must use my productive time wisely. Don’t worry, I’m not yet elderly. There’s still so much time to think about having boyfriend.”

Hye Yeon shook her head. Sometimes, she thought that Seo Hyun was somewhat abnormal if it came for guy. But, she knew the reason. The one, the only possibly reason over all of Seo Hyun’s act. “It’s him?”

Seo Hyun did not make a response.

“You must forget him. It has been two years, already. Don’t make a fool of yourself.” Hyeo Yeon’s voice suddenly sounded harsh, slightly abhorrence.

Seo Hyun pretended not to hear that. I can’t, Yeon. She hissed for herself. I hate to admit it, but I am still waiting for him.

“Ah! Hyeon-ah! I must go to Kang Songsaengnim to get some music sheets! Would you mind to take my bag from class? My desk is in the left side.”

Hye Yeon sighed. Seo Hyun was turning the topic, as usual, to hide his feeling. “Ne, okay.” Nothing can do for Hye Yeon except agreeing.

 

*&^%$#@

                Hye Yeon reached out Seo Hyun’s class, seeing over the room, then she come out to the left side. The desk line was beside the window. It was so Seo Hyun, watching out life picture through window, enjoying the whatever view out there.

She founded out Seo Hyun’s bag very quickly, since there was no other bags around.

*&^%$#@

 

                Yong Hwa got back into his dorm, finding out Jung Shin and Min Hyuk having some meals while watching TV. Jong Hyun followed him behind.

                “Ah, Hyung. How was your day? Me and Min Hyuk had a class done early, so we’re back first.” Jung Shin explained without being asked, looked very excited in his first high school day. They both took two grades before Yong Hwa, then Jong Hyun was in exactly just one grade below. Yong Hwa was the oldest, he went in the last year of high school.

                Jong Hyun, the last who came, knocked the door, “Kang Songsaengnim asked Hyung to help him teach music club.”

                “But I rejected. I have no time. We are all tighted in strictly crazy schedule. I do not want any burden anymore.” Yong Hwa added solemnly.

                Min Hyuk and Jung Shin were already amazed in seconds before their leader Hyung scattered all around. “Ah, Hyung. It was good, tough. Time to have some relax.” Jung Shin felt a little disappointed. Their goodbye stage was made two weeks ago, so they would have more time for theirself.

                Yong Hwa did not respond. He took a seat and opened up his bag, wanted to see her schedule book. He actually planned to have a little spare time to compose some songs. This was the right time to explore his hobbies.

                Suddenly, his eyes came to wide. He couldn’t find what he looked for, even anything of his. He stired out the bag, and freezed a second.

                “YAH! LEE JONG HYUN! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING? I TOLD YOU TO BRING MY BAG!” he suddenly yelled.

                Jong Hyun frowned, “Ne?”

                “You’ve taken a wrong bag.” Yong Hwa threw out a dead eyes towards his dongsaeng.

 Jonghyun flipped up when he examined the contain of that school bag. Catching up a cute Keroro pencil case, a pink note, and some music books covered up tidily with plastic sheets, Jong Hyun was sure that it was 70% girl’s school bag!

                “I’m sorry, Hyung! Jinjja!” Jong Hyun didn’t know what so say, except throwing out back a guilty sight to his Hyung. “Ah, Jinjja! Actually there were two school bags, and I guessed one because… I don’t know, Hyung. I am just sorry.”

Since all of the students in their high school must use the same model school bag, it was natural if sometime the bag was taken by wrong owner. Yong Hwa tried hard to calm his down. Min Hyun and Jung Shin watched this out in silence. Yong Hwa could boomed out like grenade, sometime.   

There was no need to blame the dongsaeng, his mind told him. As a leader, he had to handle himself in the wise track. Moreover, he was still able to find his bag out tomorrow. He got off of the seat, and went to his room, “Ahrasseo, Jong Hyun-ah. Just be careful next time.”

*&^%$#@

  

                Seo Hyun came in panic, grumpling, cursing around. Her phone, her stuff, her dirty sport uniform! She sat her body down upon her bed, with no energy. The unknown-owner bag was beside her. Not a minute later, she felt something vibrated. She was sure it came from the bag. Like never ending vibration, someone called in urgency.

                Hesitately, she picked up the phone. The call had ended. But there was a message, from numbers. She came in surprise, it was her number!

                Anneyong, I’m Yong Hwa. I thought that our school bags were taken wrong accidentally. Sorry. Let’s bring out the bag before school begin, tomorrow at 6.30 a.m. Your things are safe with me anyway.

                Seo Hyun felt such a relief. At least, her bag was in the people she knew. She hoped Yong Hwa was not that kind of sneaky boy, digged out everything from her bag, then laughed of her every notes written. Seo Hyun soon erased that worse mind.

                But this was herself who had a problem. She was curious after her eyes caught something, a blue notebook, the one and only notebook in Yong Hwa’s bag. Besides many papers about school schedule and registration, this kind of stuff was shining, teasingly to be opened up. So, she began to desirely badly take it. At least, just to see a public figure write in mind, she told to herself. This is not unpolite, you’re just curious.

                There was nothing special beside a list of date and to-do-list activities. Yong Hwa was such a well-organized guy. Seo Hyun amazed inwardly. Seo Hyun’s eyes suddenly got into a photo inside. She grabbed it, and found that this might be very precious and memorable picture for whoever the owner. Even just seeing, she could feel the aura.

                Yong Hwa’s picture taken from back, next to a long-hair girl. Sitting down together in kind of meadow, somelike enjoying the nature. In the back of that, she saw a smile emoticon “:)”.

*&^%$#@

 

                “Gomawo.” Seo Hyun grabbed her school bag from Yong Hwa’s hand. Morning just came out, greeted the world through its smooth light. School was not started yet, they both met up in the still empty class.

                “Jong Hyun was taken your bag, and it was not on purpose at all.”

                Seo Hyun nodded, understanding. “Ne.”

                “We should bring our phone around.” Yong Hwa took her cellphone, shighed, and hang on a little to emphasize his sentence that this was really important thing.

                “I think so. That’s crucial. Phone.” She agreed, smiled. “You didn’t take any from my bag, right?” I’m sorry, but I took a look for something inside your bag.

                Yong Hwa did not answer any seconds, then he continued, “Anniyo.”

                Seo Hyun chuckled, “I know. Thankyou.”

                Then Yong Hwa nodded and went away from class, Seo Hyun didn’t know where he would go. Maybe he would catch his dongsaengs, or took fresh air outside. She zippered out his school bag, and founded a black plastic she wanted to grab. But, in a moment later, she just founded herself in astonished. Her sport uniform inside was already shining of clean. It’s washed out. Seo Hyun hold and clinged it to her noise. Fragrant.