Chapter 5

Look At Me

 

Chapter 5

 

 

Yong Hwa clutched Seo Hyun’s hands, dragging her to another room, avoiding the commotion at the birthday spot. The flash light from cameras, many pair of eyes that ran all over their moving, bringing his to hurriedly disguised theirself from everything. Firmly grabbing the small-silky hands that was now tangled to his, they reached out the corridor that seemed available for privation.

                What were I doing? Yong Hwa cursed himself. Declared Seo Joo Hyun as my girlfriend? What was exactly settled inside my mind? He was startled, blaming his mouth, damning his extremely-randomly insanity.

There was a moment, when he couldn’t stand for her crying. He just couldn’t help himself, to stay straightly, watching her in uncertainity. Two times, he counted, he ever saw her crying almost in misery, lifeless eyes. He meant it when he suddenly approached her, cupping her face then brushing her tears trace with his lips. He completely realized, he wanted to cover her tears in front of all the amazed guests that were clapping around enjoying their performance. He wanted to protect her and her sadness behind his back.

                But the sentence blurted out from his mouth? Even himself didn’t know how to explain what exactly flashed inside his brain, in that very moment. Maybe it was the affect from his protection desire towards her, or… he got no idea.

                Unconsciously, he dragged Seo Hyun to his madness. Now he felt like everything would be getting worse.

And that was the main point, the first thing to be clarified. His declaration.

                “You’re using me.” Seo Hyun’s voice scattered.

                The folding hands got loose, both stopped to step out.

                Yong Hwa turned to her, blinking. “What?”

                “I know everything, Jung Yong Hwa. You, and Shin Ye-ssi. Don’t play with me.” Seo Hyun muttered sullenly, eyeing Yong Hwa straightly in disappointed and disbelief eyes, “I should go.” Then she turned away.

                Yong Hwa jerked, “Seo Joo Hyun! Stop!”

                He called her and tried to reach her out, but Seo Hyun was closing her sense of hearing. What I really need now is getting out of here, Jung Yong Hwa. Her heart was going to burst out, the feeling was unbearable. She was too brittle to be tough in every single time.

“Let’s have a talk, Seo Joo Hyun. Just, please.” Yong Hwa paralleled Seo Hyun’s steps after reaching her.

“Leave me alone.” He uttered in sullen, eyes went straight forwards, fastening her long steps.

“Seo Joo Hyun!”

They approached the outside of building, and it was a second after Seo Hyun successfully catched the taxi, and then went away, leaving Yong Hwa behind, without any utters, any talked-eyes, any single words.

Shoot! Then Yong Hwa abruptly stepped into the building, unmindful to care everything.

“Hyung!” Jung Shin called him, seemed like finding him out after sometime time for seeking.

Instead of answering, Yong Hwa was asking him back in rashly tone, “Where’s my key car?”

Jung Shin’s face plastered of confusing.

“Jung Yong Hwa!” Another bass voice came out. Yong Hwa turned around, and found his manager stood straight. Eyes sent off him was implied of questions, eager to hear his expalanation. “Go talk to me now.”

Yong Hwa went to him in the pace, stepping quickly, handing off after approaching him, “Would you give my key car? Emergency, Hyung, please.”

Several seconds, the Manager stared him, and then took out a shimmering small-steel key with CN Blue key ring adjusting. Tentatively, he gave it to Yong Hwa.

“I’ll talk to you tomorrow. I promise. Thankyou, Hyung.” Then he turned away.

Yong Hwa ran out, trying to find an exit door. It was a coincidental moment, when Park Shin Ye saw him in his hurry, then lighted up a smile, trying to call his name. And she hurriedly pulled it in, because Yong Hwa even didn’t take a glance to her. Shin Ye stood in a slight-disappointed feeling, and was just be able to see Yong Hwa stepping out of the building, going to the car parking lot, ignoring her.

The car he was groaning, cracking up the silent-chilly night. After swerving the car for about two times, he went away.

 

*&^%$#@

 

                Seo Hyun got off from the taxi, going on foot to the park. The location of her home was two blocks ahead, but she decided to be alone before catching it out. She wanted to calm her head, managing everything messed up to be settled well in his mind.

                After reaching the bench nearby, she put her body sat down.

                She took a deep breath, then let it out afterwards. It’s tiring. Crying, sobbing, bearing the sadness, all stuff, drove her to the very weakness point. She was trying to build her strength since she believed that time would run for her, vanishing her nerves, brushing off her feeling to Kyu Hyun, and finding her as a brand new Seo Hyun.

It was progressing though, exactly before Yong Hwa scattered it out.

Seo Hyun couldn’t find the answer although she was seeking all over her head, examining among the things around. All she could find was Jung Yong Hwa’s insanity. I’m the one who cramped to his craziness, being dragged in, and Oh God I will be an instant famous person soon as the news portal spread over CN Blue’s Yong Hwa’s girlfriend in their headline. And absolutely that will be the worst, ever.

“So you’re here.”

Seo Hyun turned around, and find a very familiar guy staring at her. She blinked, “What are you doing here? How can you find me?”

Yong Hwa reached her in breathless. He seemed like running all over the way here to find her out. He took a seat beside her, letting the time reigned for a moment, and then uttered after controlling his panted, “Mianhe, Seo Joo Hyun. Jinjja mianhe…”

Seo Hyun turned her head forwards.

“Ten minutes. Please hear my explanation.”

Seo hyun shut her eyes in moment, collecting every readiness, then muttered, “Go ahead.”

Yong Hwa followed her, throwing his sight in front of him. Together they were catching the night and looking at the bushes park. His guilty gradually creeped in his heart. “Maybe you’re now thinking I’m crazy, losing mind, anything. Really, I’m sorry.” He took a glare to Seo Hyun, talking in serious-heavy tone, “I’ll take the responsibility.”

Seo Hyun raised her eyebrows.

“Believe me, I will clarify this thing, I will say the truth to the public. I will protect you.”

Seo Hyun had her eyes widened, glancing Yong Hwa then, “Ne?”

Yong Hwa sighed, eyes went far away. “In that moment, I couldn’t think even a bit, and flashly declared that you’re my girlfriend. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I know everything, about your feeling, and all. I’m really sorry, Seo Joo Hyun.”

Seo Hyun let out a deep sigh.

“Let me go protect you. I guarantee your safe days ahead.”

Silence took the time for some moments.

It was Seo Hyun who cracked it up. “Can I ask you a question?” Her voice sounded incredulous, but steady. Yong Hwa nodded as she continued, “Are you not playing with me? Why suddenly you grab my face.. I mean..”

“No.” A stern answer grabbed it out, “Never. I never played with you. It might hurt you.”

Seo Hyun kept the answer to her mind, “But, why did you suddenly declare that?”

Yong Hwa sighed, “I alredy said, Seo Joo Hyun, I didn’t know either.”

“I guess you’re insane.”

“I am.”

 Seo Hyun shook her head, wanting to erase every craziness going around. “I just need a time to clear my head.”

“Take your time, I will fix this up.” Yong Hwa convinced all along, trying to get Seo Hyun’s trusty. “You can blame me for the rest of your life. That’s my fault. But, let me protect you.”

“It sounds that I really need your security.”

“You do. I bet.”

Seo Hyun let the silence crawled to fulfil the atmosphere, then she decided to get off of her seat. “It’s more than ten minutes. I should go home.”

Yong Hwa stood up, “Let me take you.”

Seo Hyun turned her head, “I can go home by myself.”

“Yah! Seo Joo Hyun! It’s pass midnight, and you still have thought that I will leave you alone? I’m not idiot. Get on of my car.”

Seo Hyun gasped. He has the point. What will she suppose to do if strangers just approach?

In doubt, she followed Yong Hwa to get on the red car that was parked approximately ten steps from the bench. No one uttered any single words until they reach Seo Hyun’s home, a warm small house with brown wood fence and a little yard outside.

Yong Hwa opened up the car door lock.

 “Gomawo.” Seo Hyun flipped the door handle.

 “Don’t cry again.” Yong Hwa bursted the words out, making Seo Hyun halted for a second .  He took out a slight thin box, CD of Nat King Cole, handing off over Seo Hyun, “Have it.”

Seo Hyun flipped the box, looking up the song list and she discovered the bes one. Smile. She lifted her head at Yong Hwa, and muttered in very weak voice, “Thankyou…”

Yong Hwa nodded then threw a stare at the landscape through her car glass forward. “I meant it, Seo Joo Hyun.”

Seo Hyun frowned, “Ne?”

“That I did for you when you’re crying on the stage, I meant it.”

Her eyes widened. “A-ah.. n-ne..” She took the last bow, then getting off of the car.

Did he say, he do that kissing-her-cheek in purpose?

 

*&^%$#@

CN Blue’s Jung Yong Hwa declared his girlfriend at CN Blue’s Jong Hyun Birthday Party. He told that he was dating the girl, named Seo Joo Hyun, officially after the duet stage piano-guitar performance tonight. The couple even showed off their affection through a brief peck on the cheek from Yong Hwa to his girl, Seo Hyun. It’s confirmed that they are going to the same class at senior high school, and often takes a duet performance on music class.

 

“I can’t, Hyung.” Yong Hwa sat straightly, talking face to face to his Manager. Both now were sitting in Yong Hwa’s room. His eyes went to a pair of eyes forwards, exactly to the place where his Hyung was staring him back.

Myungsoo sighed, “The FNC management theirself, even our President, let you have a girlfriend. They were not that angry, yeah, a little angry, yes.” He cleared his throat, “They just felt disappointed, because you did it in sudden, the declaration you went.”

“I can’t accept their decision.”

“Yong Hwa-yah…”

“Really, Hyung. I can’t. I’m gonna meet our PD soon.”

Myungsoo hold the time in seconds, seriously talking to him, “I know you since before you debuted. Precisely, what’s going on?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“Yah! Jung Yong Hwa! You can’t lie to me that easy, just tell me what is happened then I will shut my mouth down. Don’t get me mad. Tell me. Palli!”

Yong Hwa tightened his lips.

                “Ah, jinjja!” Then in a minute after controlling the emotion, Myungsoo attempted to tear the fact behind his dongsaeng, “Are you done with Shin Ye-ssi?”

                Yong Hwa smirked, “She’s out of my life now.”

                “Then why?” Myungsoo raised her hands in air, irritating expression. “Actually many celebrities find difficulties to date someone. But, you came this easy, Jung Yong Hwa. Even your punishment is just too simple, not attending reality shows for two months. What the hell does the company do for you? You’re fortunate!”

                “You don’t understand, Hyung…”

                “Then make me understand, Jung Yong Hwa.” He cut off, “Just tell me. We’re brother, right?”

                “I want to clarify that this is not true, me and Seo Hyun.”

                Myungsoo threw a cynical laugh, “The things you’ve been declared is definitely declaration, it isn’t rumour at all.”

                “I will get back it off.”

                “Are you crazy?” Myungsoo’s tone got higher, “The management is trying to tolerate you! They even did not mention anything about your dongsaengs. If you go against them, who gave you the very wise, best decision, you just took a step to let them kick you out. Every worst is possible if you mess up.”

                Yong Hwa stayed a moment, then got off from his seat, “I can’t. That’s unfair to Joo Hyun. I’ve made an appointment to meet PD this evening.” Then he went outside.

                In the moment, CN Blue members were eavesdropping outside the door. Three of them hold their breath together towards serious chatters went inside, bringing them in very shocked condition afterwards. Jung Shin was the first to discover the things-must-do at that time, he suddenly dialed numbers. His voice was a little scattered.

“Seo Hyun-ssi?”

 

*&^%$#@

               

Yong Hwa stepped slowly but sternly to PD room. He convinced himself that all he would do would be the best way to clear everything up. He got ready for every consequence. It’s okay, Jung Yong Hwa.

“Yong Hwa-ssi? Have you made appointment?” PD Secretary asked him in moment.

“Ne.”

“Ah, wait for minutes. Our PD still have a meeting inside.”

Yong Hwa nodded, “Fine.”

Instead of sitting down, he chose to stand up, precisely in uneasy feeling. He moved from one side, then shift in different side. Trying to figure out something in posters hang on the wall, he made himself gather every strength he could have. Let’s make a good remark, careful sentence..

“Jung.. Yong.. Hwa…”

A girl voice dropped breathlessly inside his ears, making him to turn around. His eyes widened in sudden, seeing unexpected girl in front him in exhausted, weary condition. Seo Hyun hold her panted, attempt to breath normally.

“What are you doing here?” Yong Hwa couldn’t hide his surprise feeling. He blanked.

“You…” Seo Hyun controlled her breath in seconds, “Have you met your PD?”

Yong Hwa shook his head.

Seo Hyun suddenly looked free of wory, she smiled in relieve, “Ah, jinjja…”

Yong Hwa gripped her hands, and pulled her in steps, avoiding PD Secretary curious eyes. “Tell me. What are you doing here, Seo Joo Hyun?”

Seo Hyun shut her eyes, controlling every breath and emotion she hold. She opened to tell her answer, but suddenly clapped it close when she saw a figure reaching them out.

“Yong Hwa-ssi, do you have something in mind to tell me?”

Yong Hwa turned around and finded his PD standing towards them. FNC President Director was a man with friendly eyes and patient look. He raised his eyebrows, waiting for response.

“Ah, yes, Sajangnim…”

“Sajangnim!” Seo Hyun made a high tone, cut off Yong Hwa, then took a deep bow exactly 90 degrees, “Please, don’t kick Yong Hwa out from his band! Jaebal, Sajangnim.”

Time stopped for seconds. Yong Hwa stared Seo Hyun in shocked, undrawn expression. The PD digested her sentence for a while, then bursted out of laughter.

“We don’t have that kind of mind, Seo Hyun-ssi. Ah, wait, you’re Seo Hyun-ssi, aren’t you?”

Seo Hyun’s face got brighter hearing the fact, “Ah, really?” Then she took a next bow, “Ne, Sajangnim. Seo Hyun imnida.”

“Ah, so that.” He seemed undertand, then took a glance to Yong Hwa, “So, you bring here today and make an appointment, to introduce her to me, Yong Hwa-ssi?”

Yong Hwa blinked, “Ne?”

                The PD hit Yong Hwa’s arms lightly, then eyes went to them in replacement, “Is that all? Is there anything more?”

                “Can I make sure, Sajangnim? You’re not going to kick him out from CN Blue, right? He can stay as a lead vocal and leader, right?” Seo Hyun blurted out sentence worriedly.

                FNC PD breaked a smile, then nodded, “Unless Yong Hwa mess this up, we’re going to look another consequence. ” He landed his eyes to Yong Hwa, “You know what will you do, don’t you?”

                Yong Hwa, speechlessly, gave another ‘yes’ nod.

                “So, because my meeting inside is still running, may I leave first?”

                Seo Hyun bowed for the last firmly, “Ne, Sajangnim. Gamsahamnida.”

                The PD halted for a second, whispering Yong Hwa before taking another step, “Since I let you to have girlfriend, take care of her. I hope you can bring another brilliant song with more deep feeling inside, Yong Hwa-ssi.”

                Yong Hwa nodded blankly, “Ne.”

                After the PD’s leaving, Yong Hwa grabbed Seo Hyun’s hands to corridor that looked a little bit empty. He faced her, craving to hear her explanation after doing all. The one and only chance to clarify his declaration was ended. But the person who stirred up the thing around was the one, a girl whom he protected, Seo Hyun herself.

                “Tell me, Seo Joo Hyun. Explain anything.”

                Seo Hyun lifted her head, “Are you safe? They’re not going to kick you out, right?”

                “Of course no! Jinjja, Seo Joo Hyun. Why do you have that kind of mind?”

                “Ah, what a relief… I just thought that I might scattered up you, your band, and your carrier… I though, I would mess this up… Ah what should I do?” Then her eyes going to Yong Hwa’s, “I… I can be your girlfriend.”

                Yong Hwa hold her voice, almost screamed, “What? What are you talking about?”

                Seo Hyun stuttered, “I was shocked, the news about us, and… before I can handle it myself, someone told me that the management may kick you out if you try to clarify the false between us. I just… I can’t… I mean, it’s okay I’ll be your girlfriend, I’ll help you, I can.. Being your girlfriend is much easier than finding you be kicked out, I think… I, ah jinjja, what I’m talking about…”

                Seo Hyun wiped the tears that now was touching down her cheek. She tried to handle her feeling.

                Yong Hwa grabbed her arms, bringing her to look at him, “You run all over your way here, just to say this? You worry about me, and my band?”

                Seo Hyun nodded in the middle of brushing off her tears. “I think so…”

                Yong Hwa eyes running all over Seo Hyun face. Is there any reason to not protect you? You’re too brittle, Seo Joo Hyun. Sometime you thought about someone else over yourself.And it makes me, for some reasons, more and more to be your guardian.

                “Why are you crying so easily?” Yong Hwa’s voice lowered. He found his hand reach Seo Hyun’s head, then pull it in towards him. He brushed her hair in smooth, tender touch, wanting to give any comfort to her. “It’s okay. Gwaenchana.”

                Yong Hwa could feel her nod inside his hug. Her tears drenched up his shirt slowly, leading him to calm her further. “Don’t cry, it’s okay…”

                It was the right moment, when Shin Ye and Kyu Hyun walked together, seeing that kind of event. They stopped their steps in seconds, digesting the situation forwards. Kyu Hyun turned back, and briskly patted in different direction, looked like avoiding the moment. Shin Ye sighed, she could read something.     

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

please comment :)