Look At Me Chapter 7

Look At Me

 

Yong Hwa strided big steps on his running ways, out of breath combined with full of restlessness. Too much running today. He blamed everything he could point out, he damn whatever folly he had. He hated the way he broke his promise, and now he run together with his only hope.
 
She would still be there. 

Finally he catched it up, the place he should be. He spotted Seo Joo Hyun under the bus shelter nearby, looking so worried and alone. She had to kill the time for three hours waiting for me in unclear condition. Mianhe, Seo Joo Hyun. He felt relieve in sudden, breaking a smile and slowing up her stepped into a steady walk. And his act surprisingly halted since he saw another scene brought up onto his eyes. His smile dispersed.
 
Kyu Hyun paced towards her in both handful cup of coffee, then put his body down beside her, handing off one for her. They changed smile, then started having a chatter. Yong Hwa threw an unbelieving glare, crossing a peevish smirk on his face.
 
What is he doing here? 
 
He tried to digest whatever things flashed on his mind. He knew by his own thought and assumption, Kyu Hyun was something for her. And the thing appeared the next was, he tore her up in unstoppable crying, lifeless, recently. He could read everything upon her.

Shoot! Yong Hwa hated an unknown burned things creeping inside his heart.
 
 
*&^%$#@

“Your number doesn’t change.” Kyu Hyun broke up the awkwardness between them, “How are you, Hyunnie?”
 
Seo Hyun felt a bit strange, talking in just two people with him again, remembering her about the past. “Ah, Ne. I’m fine, Oppa. Startling enough to receive your sudden call.”
 
Kyu Hyun’s laugh cracked up, “Honestly, I’m not in the good condition, then suddenly I want to meet you. Hye Yeon will be mad of me right after I bet, if she finally acknowledged our meeting.” Then he chuckled.
 
The warm familiar feeling brought up on her heart, “What's happened?”
 
Kyu Hyun threw a gaze on the road forwards that was starting to empty as the night crawling up, “I felt like, I’m the , the most idiot person in this whole world. The cruel though the goofy one at the same time.”
 
She was surprised, “What? Why?”
 
He sighed, “I’m hurting someone, making her crying and bearing the sadness all alone. And now I’m loosing another one.”
 
She frowned, then shrugging, “Just, apologizing and consoling the one you hurt up, then catch another one to be grabbed again.”
 
Kyu Hyun giggled. Being grabbed again? You? “Is that okay?”
 
She started to digest everything. For a long time, Kyu Hyun was a prince style on her eyes. Perfect, no defects, un-problemed. “Oppa, what's going on?”
 
Instead of answering, he shook his head then let out a deep breath, inhaling the night air into his lungs. Then he turned her head towards her, “Hyunnie, would you mind to help me?”
 
“Seo Joo Hyun.”
 
Yong Hwa approached them in uncontrolled breath, glaring Kyu Hyun in suspicious-disliked eyes. Without letting the time taking the space, he grabbed her wrist, then pulled her out of there. “Let’s go.”
 
“W-wait!” Seo Hyun disengaged the hands tangled between them, “Where are you from? I’ve been waiting for you for almost four hours!” She bursted out in yell.
 
“I’ll explain you later.”
 
Kyu Hyun got off his seat, then taking a bow in his ulterior cursing eyes, “Anneyong, Yong Hwa-ssi.”
 
He replied the bow in formality, “Thankyou for accompanying her, tough I don’t know your motivation being here all of in sudden.” Stabbed sentence was airing.
 
Kyu Hyun’ eyebrows raised as response, “Ah, me and Hyunnie was an old friend, just like you and Shin Ye-ah. Don’t mind anything, Yong Hwa-ssi.”
 
“I’m glad you acknowledge your position as well.” Then he bowed for the last time, “See you later.” He clutched Seo Hyun’s wrist, now without any rejection from her. Seo Hyun followed him behind, bowing Kyu Hyun once in the middle of walking away.
 
Kyu Hyun watched them, throwing a shallow smirk, then gulping down his coffee in one go.
 
 
*&^%$#@

They were in his car without words come out in twenty minutes, other than a brief ‘I’m sorry’ before they got on. Seo Hyun stayed silent all the way, no desire to be the first to begin the chatter. Yong Hwa was stirred around his own feeling, calming down his sudden disliked explosion before towards Kyu Hyun, and felt a bit uneasy about Shin Ye condition.
 
He sighed, guiltiness attacked him, “Mianhe, Seo Joo Hyun.” His eyes went forwards as his lips trying to arrange whatever apologize to be sent, “I don’t know what to say, I just, I was bad. Forgive me. I’ll treat you better, I promise.”
 
No answer.
 
He decided to turn his head, and saw an angelic sleep expression brought up on his eyes. She fell asleep on her seat. Unconciously, a smile broke up on his face. Glancing to the digital clock on his car daskboard, he seemed to understand. Almost midnight, she had to be tired after standing up for about three hours. He let her sinking under her sleep until his car reached out the road in front of her home.
 
He opened up the car door for her, smoothly shaking her shoulder, waking her up. Her sparkle eyes went redder, bearing the sleepiness. She followed Yong Hwa to get off, then walking wobbly, half-conscious. Yong Hwa catched her as she almost fell on her way, then finally decided to help her getting inside.
 
Seo Hyun d inside the hole of her bag, trying to search the door key, and didn’t find any. Her head nodded multiple times, as her eyes kept shutting, sleepiness taking over. He crossed a brief ticklish smile about her action, then helping her searching the key, opened up the door after discovering one.
 
“Anneyong haseyo.” Yong Hwa greeted the home, and no one answered. He remembered a thing she said days ago, about her parents in countryside, working together as a dentist. They offered her to follow them, but she rejected as she wanted to stay in Seoul until she entered university.
 
She sat down, throwing her boots away abruptly, like a drunken girl catching the home. Yong Hwa was surprised seeing this extreme sleepy condition. He took off his shoes, and reached hear out, guiding her to her room. Although in under unconscious condition, Seo Hyun could find her own room.

It was a medium girl room in pink and blue combination on its colour wall and furniture, mixing up with many dolls aside the bed, and extremely tidy studying table desk, totally her style. He felt a bit nervous in sudden, while helping her putting off her coat after reaching her bed out. He wondered that they came all the way here but Seo Joo Hyun showed up no sign about being aware. He was sure, she didn’t realize about his presence right here, however.
 
“It’s hot..” She whispered as she lied down on her bed, seemed like talking to herself.
 
Yong Hwa searched for air conditioner remote around, then suddenly startled as he saw she was ing her shirt, showing up her black tank top instead, still in half-closed eyes. Yong Hwa’s eyes widened in very shocked glare, seeing the milk silky skin of hers being exposed. She stayed calm briskly right after, together with the time he pressed the ON button of AC remote.
 
“You’re surprising me, Seo Joo Hyun.. Are you crazy?” He hissed for himself.
 
He handled up his emotion, then went out for a while. Yong Hwa came back with a big box on his hands, bringing up a kind of gift in beautiful packaged. He almost threw it up after seeing her in short cotton pants, looked like changing it up just seconds ago. If he stayed a moment earlier, he swore he would see a big guilty pleasure-miracle ever during his life.
 
His heart beat faster as he placed the box on the small table beside her bed. He swallowed when he stole glance to her lying on the bed in minimal clothes, showing up her body. A bit nervous, he raised her hands, pulling her blanket up, then covered her until her top of shoulder.
 
Yong Hwa stepped out, turning off the light before muttering, “Good night, Seo Joo Hyun...”
 
 
*&^%$#@

Seo Hyun woke up in the morning in heavy eyes. Finding herself in her usual way of sleeping: under the minimal pants and tanktop, she felt unsupicious after all. Her eyes suddenly landed at the box beside her bed as she got up, and finally grabbed it. She frowned as she opened up the wrapper, and suddenly her eyes dilated in surprise.
 
Full chapters of Detective Conan, from the first edition, until the last one.
 
She catched the white letter placed on the pack, read it inwardly.
 
I’m sorry, Seo Joo Hyun, for coming late, for breaking up my own promise. These editions aren’t new, because, yeah, these are mine. I will give you the new ones, please wait. I’m sorry. Hope you will forgive me. YH.

Seo Hyun felt a lot of surprised. He surely broke up his promise, but he did his best to fulfil and paying it back. Her smile hang up for seconds. It’s funny. I can see your cute side, Jung Yong Hwa. And a moment later, after realizing something was missing, her smile dispersed in one flip.
 
Wait up, did he go into my bedroom? Did he see me in this kind of clothes?

She gawked.