Chapter 3

Look At Me

 

Chapter 3

 

 

Seo Hyun tried to dissolve into this song. Cruisin’. She played the piano while she was melodiously singing out, mingling to the notes through her soul. It was  the time for school break, and as usual, she began to have a practice by herself in the music room.

Without realizing, a guy came to her in very fast steps. His face plastered a little bit reddish, signaling unpleasant expression, could boom every second it initially got burned.

                “Seo Joo Hyun. WHERE WERE YOU YESTERDAY?” Yong Hwa reached Seo Hyun, yelled out in higher tone, made her jumped. He stood up beside her, eyes broadened. Wrathful.

                “Yah! Don’t scream out!”

                “TOLD ME WHERE YOU WERE.” Yong Hwa didn’t listen  a bit to her protest, “You made me waiting for you like a pitiful starvation puppy wanted to be fed up, for around three hours! You’re insane! You thought I was totally free guy who did nothing?”

                Seo Hyun gasped.

She remembered very clearly, yesterday she just left out immediately after seeing that scene. She just stepped away, thinking that her existence were not in the right place, the very good time. The idea that Yong Hwa was waiting for her around three hours, exactly never came out even a bit.

                “A-aaah.. that..” Seo Hyun twisted her mind, seriously thinking about lies, “My.. my mother called me in urgency. She needed a help. I.. I couldn’t resist since it was very important things I supposed to do.”

                “What was it?”

                Seo Hyun tried to hide whatever she created fake stories, “It’s no need for you to know.”

                The angry leader sighed, controling his emotion by every single strength. He thought becoming a leader of one group unconsciously made him growning up into more patient person, at least he was trying it out.

“You’re daebak, Seo Joo Hyun.. No one dares to do this to me. I even let you visit my studio, but, jinjja. You lost your mind, I bet.” Yong Hwa sternly spilled out the words.

Seo Hyun bowed her head down, the guilty filled her heart in. She just defininetly did not want to destroy his moment. The minute she saw Yong Hwa with a girl he actually loved, her mind quickly said that she had to leave soon. Just that it.

“Sorry.. Really, sorry..” Seo Hyun’s voice weakened.

“Bring your phone around, if you still want to have a practice with me. You waste my time, seriously.” Yong Hwa said in obvious-clear fierce tone.

“Sorry…” Seo Hyun felt wrong even further. She unwillingly looked into Yong Hwa’s eyes. This came worse, Seo Joo Hyun!

Yong Hwa kept the silence for a minute, then he went away without any interrogating pressure anymore.

Seo Hyun took a deep breath, then let it out. So, after that very personal event, Yong Hwa still had a time to wait for me? Not going around to have a chat even a bit to that girl?

Definitely didn’t match with her thought.

 

*&^%$#@

               

Class was over, Fur Elise school bell rang outloud. The students gathered up her stuff, already prepared to catch their home. Seo Hyun turned back over Yong Hwa, while the leader still tidied up his books.

Hesitantly, she took out an orange lunch box from her school bag, then gave it to Yong Hwa precisely on his table.

“Some sandwich.”she said. Yonghwa stayed tidying. “I bet you’ve not yet taken some food for lunch. So… bring this up. My treat.”

Finally, Yong Hwa tilted his head up, “What’s this?”

Seo Hyun feel incredulous for several seconds, “Just.. think this is my gratitude because you’ve washed my sport uniform out and.. my apologize after making you’ve waited for me.. Yeah, I’m sorry if this is not really delicious and precious.”

Yong Hwa seemed to understand. Without any words, he continued packed his stuff up, ignoring.

Seo Hyun waited for another response but nothing happened, so she slowly decided to say goodbye. “I.. go first. See you.” And her shadow of her body gradually fade away.

Several minutes after her leaving, Yong Hwa opened the lunch box up. He found out two sandwiches, and two sweet potatoes aside. Even, a piece of paper on them. He read carefully.

Thankyou, Sorry. Please eat these up, Yong Hwa-ssi. You must at least take your lunch to maintain your very golden voice (errr what kind of thing I’ve said). Sorry! L

Yong Hwa’s lips was drawn to the right. A little smile decorated on his face. He took a bite of sweet potato, and he went on to the next.

It’s sweet.

In five minutes, the lunch box was already empty.

 

*&^%$#@

 

                Seo Hyun reached the ground floor, feel like a foreigner visiting an interesting park abroad. Wearing her long light brown boots combined with a casual sweater and pants, she was more like a fan that came all the way here to stalk her idol. The receptionist just told her certainly in the gentle way of sending her off when she explained the purpose of being here. FNC management seemed like an expert in proctecting their artists.

                “I want to visit Jung Yong Hwa, please.”

                “I’m sorry, Miss, you can’t.” The disbelief eyes straighted to hers. So Seohyun paced back, realizing that this was really difficult if Yonghwa himself did not catch her.

                I’m in the lobby

                She texted Yong Hwa while standing in the middle of the room, amidst the people that walked to and fro all the way. That boy must take a responsibility due tue sending me here, Seo Hyun thought in mind.

                It was a day before that Yong Hwa asked her to come to his agency. He had a full photo session schedule this day, which meant he could not have time to get over some music practice with Seo Hyun. So, he came up with the idea of Seo Hyun’s going to FNC, used the agency’s music practice room during his one to two hours break.

                “Seo.. Seo Hyun-nie?”

                A heavy-familiar-bass voice greeted her out in sudden. She turned her head towards him, then blinked.  

The boy who was standing in front her calling her nickname definitely made her in shock. Out of breath. Shockingly shock.

With unbelievably-widened sight throwing out to him, she just could do nothing. Feeling that her heart was fluttering a lot, rendered her mind peering out all of the well-kept memories. 

 

“I will go to college together with you, Oppa. To go for it, from now on, I promise to do the best! Altough I’m still a young girl, I declare that this one is my dream. Go for the same college as you.”

Kyu Hyun giggled, brushing of Seo Hyun’s hair in a smooth way. “You said you want to be doctor, Hyunnie. Why? Do you want to be a photographer like me, too?”

Seo Hyun complained, “We can go to the same college, but different major, Oppa.”

Kyu Hyun can’t hold his smile to not be drawn down. He ended up nodding. “As long as you want, Hyunnie.”

It had been years since they knew each other. Being the neighbor next-door, time gave a space to gather them up as a never separated pairing. They closed each other like a brush and toothpaste, resembling a bread and its jam. Their companionship went in long terms, tough Kyu Hyun was two years old headed of Seo Hyun’s.

Kyu Hyun took out an album covered with brown colour soft paper, giving to Seo Hyun, told her to have it. A well handwriting was engraved on the cover, showing up the glittered sentence that  was going well into Seo Hyun’s ears. “The story of Hyun and Hyun.”

When she opened it up, moving on page by page, she got utterly amazed. The album really spread out their long companionships memories, from Kyu’s birthday, Seo’s birthday, their traveling, their fun, and a lot of things out of the words to describe.

Seo Hyun smiled broadly, “Ah, Oppa, I really like this.. Oh My Goodness, Oppa, you’re the best! Neomu jowae. Gomawo, Oppa. Jinjja.”

Kyu Hyun hang on a second, then laughed.

That was a last moment, Seo Hyun remembered it very clearly. The really last, no more memories afterwards.

The day after photo album event, Seo Hyun found out herself panicking and felt that she was not in the ground anymore. The fact that Kyu Hyun left Seoul, just fly for studying abroad without notification, stunningly hit her too much like thousand volts electricity jolted her body and soul. Their connection ended afterwards, she didn’t know how to contact him. Kyu Hyun was lost like not in the world anymore.

 

“Hyunnie, Seo Hyun… I, aigoo, I can’t believe I meet you here.” Kyu Hyun stayed stuttering, looked very glad seeing the girl, who now was eyeing him straightly and saying nothing. “Hyunnie, w-where do you live? How are you? Oh, I must take a visit…”

Seo Hyun felt the water in her eyes, and slowly dropped her tears.

“Hyunnie…” Kyu Hyun’s face turned in worried. “A-Are you okay?”

The girl in front him sobbed, and couldn’t even let a word. She brushed her chin, want to erase the tears trace. But it was really not working, since the water still dropped in much.  

 Still, without uttering any single word, she turned back and left out. She padded in fast steps, unwilling to look back anymore. She heard Kyu Hyun called her name, even took some steps to chase her, but she closed her sense of hearing. She did not want to meet Kyu Hyun at this time after two years bore in two troubles: forgetting him or waiting for him. She jumped a lot, like ping-pong, one day she settled herself in forgetting him, but the next day she found out that she was still waiting for him. 

The point was, Kyu Hyun’s existence brought her out of control. Her feeling wanted to pop out like crazy, so she came out crying. You childish, she hissed for herself. You childish Seo Joo Hyun!

So she ended up here, crying a lot in front of mirror, in the lady room she reached out. Screamed her heart out. Told the silence.

 

*&^%$#@

 

                It took fifteen minutes before she decided to go out. After washed her face and ensured the tears trace gently disappeared, she opened the lady room’s door. Although her eyes still remained reddish, she couldn’t help it but tried to bow her neck down and hid her face.

                She was surprised and suddenly stop stepping while seeing Yong Hwa standing exactly in front of the door, leaning on the wall, crossing his arms, only looking at her. He seemed like waiting for her for some minutes.

                “W-why are you here?” She just couldn’t find a word to express, still brushed off her cheeks.

                Yong Hwa stood straightly then took a step in left direction, “Follow me.”

                “Where?”

                Yong Hwa didn’t give any answer, as usual in mystery.

                Like an obedient child, she hurriedly followed Yong Hwa behind. She still managed her looks, put a lot effort to hide the swollen eyes by not facing him. She did not want Yonghwa catched her in after-crying condition. “Why did you find me out?”

                “You texted me.”

                “But, still, I said I was in the lobby.” She was still curious but exactly no words came to her.

                It didn’t take a long time to reach the blue door when Yong Hwa opened it, “Go in.”

                She entered and found a white grand piano was settled in the corner of the room, completely beautiful and luxurious. There were a music book shelves, two guitars, a violin, and several music instruments inside. All were fabulous, and pretty.

                “Play the piano here, Seo Joo Hyun. It will make you feel better.”

                Seo Hyun blinked. Does Jung Yong Hwa know? Does he find out that I’m totally not in the good mood afterwards? It doesn’t seem that he know, but it looks like he know.

                “I have to go now. For twenty minutes, then I’ll reach you back.” He nodded, then left her out after closing the door.

                Seo Hyun took a breath. She walked towards the piano, sat down, and pressed the tuts. She heard a light piano voice fulfilled the room, and gradually, her fingers came along naturally, pressing the button in good melodies. The song that she was playing currently, Cruisin’.

                But now you turn your heart away. Get out and leave me, let it on.

                She talked, she was trying to tell her story to the melody. Her tears dropped again, but it was different. She was relieved.

               

*&^%$#@

 

                Yong Hwa leaned on the door he just closed off. He sighed, and remembered everything that passed through his days recently. It was too much for him. He felt like the fate was playing with him.

               

                “I’m sorry, don’t take it in mind. Forget it, I’m really sorry.” Yong Hwa said solemnly towards a girl that was walking beside him. The corridor seemed empty, there were nobody but them. 

                Park Shin Ye smiled, “It’s not your fault, Oppa. Just… emm, that’s family hug, eh? Can I consider it like that?”

                Yong Hwa kept the silence for a second, then nodded, agreeing. “Yes, sure.” He suddenly felt a sadness came greeting him. Family hug? What the hell is that? It’s clearly labeled on my face that I miss you, Shin Ye-ah.

                They reached the outside of the building, Yong Hwa saw Shin Ye inhaled the air while closing her eyes. “Seoul’s smell. Omo, this is great.” Then she threw out eye smiled to Yong Hwa, “Do you think the same, Oppa?”

                “I do.” He put on a smile back.

                It was a momentary calmness until they saw a figure come towards them, greeted Shin Ye in very cheerful tone. A half-thin guy with pointed noise craved on her face, looked so bright saying at Shin Ye, “Are you done?”

                “Ne, Oppa. Ah, I want you to know my bestfriend ever, I bet you know him. This is CN Blue’s Jung Yong Hwa.” Shin Ye introduced Yong Hwa that now bowed, mentioned his name.

                “Anneyong haseyo, Kyu Hyun imnida. Nice to meet you.” Kyu Hyun gave a response. Then he continued, “Your band is great, Yong Hwa-ssi, I’m a fan.”

“Thankyou.” Yong Hwa took a bow again.

“Ah, by the way,” Kyu Hyun seemed like remember something, “You have schedule to take photo session for CN Blue photobook, don’t you? I’m gonna be your photographer. My sunbaenim wants me to accompany him take this job. So, let’s get along well, Yong Hwa-ssi.”

Yong Hwa looked a little bit surprise, “Ne, of course.”

They’re changing bows for two times.

Kyu Hyun’s eyes went to Shin Ye’s, “Go now?”

The girl nodded, then turned to Yong Hwa, “Thank you, Oppa. Goodluck for your band, and please deliver my greeting to your dongsaengs.”

“Sure.” He kept throwing a brief sentence to response. He still digested Kyu Hyun’s existence, about him waiting for Shin Ye, and about they came all the way here together. All were being crowded in his mind. 

The mind rang in his head was cut off when Kyu Hyun added, “See you soon, Yong Hwa-ssi.” Then he went in to the white car parked in front of him, the machine, waited for Shin Ye inside.

“We’re already six months,” Shin Ye blurted out in sudden, not even looking at Yong Hwa. “We’re dating. Me and Kyu Oppa.”

Yong Hwa felt the time halted for him. It was paused exactly for thirty second. He felt like a great mountain just came and hit him, crashed and scattered her own, her body, and all.

Hardly controlling his feeling, threw out a sentence cynically in scattered voice, ”Why do you tell me, then?”

“I don’t know, I just feel like, you must know it, Oppa.”

A stern answer, and it was exactly cracked Yong Hwa up.

“Oh, chukae.”

“Thankyou.” Shin Ye took a steep to the car side, “See you soon, Yong Hwa Oppa.”

Then the car went away, honking for the last time as goodbye.

The night was chill, unbelievably chill.

 

Yong Hwa stepped out, his mind still talked a lot, driving him in nowhere condition.

He just several meters to reach Seo Hyun in the lobby after he accepted her message. And exactly in same time, he saw that she faced Kyu Hyun for a moment, and ended up crying after saying nothing. Gesture talked a lot. He assumed, almost sure, Kyu Hyun meant something to her. It was Park Shin Ye stopping Kyu Hyun after her arrival, and it was him reaching Seo Hyun. First reason, it was hurt meeting that couple so he better stepped away, and second reason, he just felt like Seo Hyun needed a help.

                “Be ready, Hyung.” Min Hyuk waved at him when he entered the photo room. “Two shoots more!”