Chapter 3

The Ups and Downs of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3;

 

KIM HYE IN 

I swear to God, he needs to stop coming into my room without permission. I head down to the dining room for dinner, "Hye In?" My mum called out. "Yes, mum?" I answered. "Would you be a dear and set up the table, dinner's almost ready." She said. I wordlessly went to the kitchen to get plates and bowls. 

"Oh, and once you're done, can you call your brother down for dinner?" She asked again. "Uh, okay?" I said and set up the table. Then, just like my mum requested me to, I went up to call my brother down for dinner. 

My brother and I had the second floor all to ourselves, the third floor is my mum and dad's. I gingerly knocked on his door, "What?" He said as he opened the door. "Uh, dinner's ready." I said. "Whatever." He rolled his eyes and shut the door, in my face. "Didn't have to be so cold, jeez." I sighed. 

It's always been like this. Because I could never regain that part of memory, I would never know what I did for him to be so cold towards me. But have I ever voiced it out? No. I didn't want to anger him. 

By the time Jongin came down, dad was already home. We always waited for dad to come home to eat. "I have to fly off to Japan tomorrow." My mum said. "Why?" My dad asked. "Ah, I got invited to a fashion show in Tokyo." She replied, taking a bite into her food. 

"I was thinking of bringing Hye In and Jongin to London." Mum started again. "What for?" Jongin asked. "I have a conference meeting with the team of designers I'm working with. I should be there for 'bout a week. You guys can go explore while I'm at work."

Mum was a model, a stunning one. And now, she has her own fashion business. People often say that I look like her, while no one would have guessed Jongin and I were siblings. Mum would say our smiles were an exact replica, I don't get how though, my lips are smaller. Other than that, we look different. 

"You could ask Sehun and your cousin to tag along, it's during spring break afterall." Mum said again. "Why Sehun?" I asked bitterly. "You know what they say, the more the merrier." 

_____

The next morning, I decided to not look like a total wreck and dress a bit more decent. I pulled on a plain grey sweater and some black jeans, but I left my hair in the bun i was sleeping in. 

I put on my same white slip-on Vans and a coat and head out the door. "Bye!" I shouted. "Don't forget to invite Sehun and your cousin!" My mum hollered back, I groaned in response. 

Just as I shut the door, I saw Sehun walk through my gates, onto my porch, and I groaned again. "What's up your ?" He asked. "I don't need your sass right now." I replied. "I have practice, after school." He said again. "Cool." I shrugged. Now that I think about it, do I have training today?

We were still walking towards the bus stop. You'd think just because my parents are rich, that means I have my own chaffeur. Well, you thought wrong.

Soon enough, the bus stop came into view. "Say, are you free this spring break?" I asked as I looked at him. He thought about it for a few moments before answering, "Well, I'm not particulary busy. Why do you ask?" He cocked an eyebrow. 

I know what that jerk is thinking about. "My mum wants you to go to London with my family." I shrugged. "Damn, and I thought you wanted to hang out with me." He clicked his tongue. 

I knew it. "Why would I want to hang with you? All you'll do is annoy me to the pits of hell." I rolled my eyes. "I'll ask my mum." He said. 

The bus arrived, we got on. All the seats were taken, so me and Sehun had to stand. We were standing quite close together due to the amount of people on the bus,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter