Chapter 1

The Ups and Downs of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1;

 KIM HYE IN

I could hear my alarm ringing dangerously close to my ear. I was this close to smashing it. 6:30 a.m. it read. I got out from my warm bed with much effort, then headed to the bathroom to relieve my bladder. I always brush my teeth after breakfast, because my breath would be fresher that way, and breakfast would taste better, always a plus. 

"Morning." I greeted my parents. "What's for breakfast?" I asked as the smell of deliciousness filled my nostrils. "Chocolate chip pancakes." My mum said. "Yum." I muttered. 

It wasn't like I dislike chocolate chip pancakes, I love the actually. It's just that it's too early for emotions right now. 

You'd think my dad would be reading the morning newspaper, but he isn't. He's going through some documents of this sociopath that was on the loose, murdering anyone that got in his way. My dad's a criminal profiler, or a business man, I'm not too sure.

In my family, my dad is the one who is chill. Because of his line of work, he said, and I quote, "I don't care about what you do as long as you aren't psychopathic."

"Can you be a dear and wake your brother up?" My mum asked sweetly. "Uhm, no?" I replied, mouth filled with the chocolatey goodness. 

"Don't be lazy!" She scolded lightly. "But, if I wake him up, I'll be late. It's a known fact that he won't wake up even if you pour a bucket of water over him." I retorted. 

I try to make up a lot of excuses to avoid going into his room. The last time I went in, which was seven months ago, he had yelled at me and shoved me out the door. I ended up being moody that day. 

I hurriedly wolved down my breakfast to avoid any further demands from my mother. I went back up into my room only to realise it was snowing outside. 

I wonder if school would get cancelled today. It was late January and it's always snowing, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if class got cancelled. 

I brushed my teeth and threw on my favourite burgandy hoodie and some sweats. And let me tell you, it was warm and cozy, perfect for the weather. I tied my hair into a top knot and pulled on a coat. I grabbed my school bag and headed out the door.

I certainly did not care about how I dressed, it was -4 degrees for crying out loud.

"Bye." I said quickly to my parents to avoid my brother who was munching on his breakfast. I put on my worn out white converse and headed out the door. 

"It's been 3 minutes and 46 seconds, you dimwit." 

"I don't ever recall asking you to wait for me." I said to the male. 

"But, if I don't wait for you, you'll be all alone." 

"It's too early for your , Oh Sehun." I said as we walked to the bus stop. 

"Aren't you cold?" He asked. "No." I said sharply. "But, I'm cold." He said again. "Great, you can freeze to death." I beamed. "Psh, mean." He replied. "The pleasure is mine." 

The bus arrived and we got onboard. I tried to sit as far away from Sehun as I possibly could, and I suceeded. I mentally did a happy dance. 

Upon arrival, I scurried away to avoid getting ambushed by Oh brat's fangirls. But, unfortunately, I have admirer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter