Chapter 2

The Ups and Downs of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2;

 

OH SEHUN

I watched as she sauntered off. I should head to my next class soon, world history. Well, at least I can catch up on my sleep.

I attend a private highschool that follows the American syllabus, so. Our breaks from school also follows the American system, so. 

I, unfortunately am not in the same class as Hye In, maybe I'll request a transfer next semester. Ah, I wonder what her reaction will be if I actually do that. I sound really sadistic, I should stop. 

"Vice-captain!" Someone called out. I whipped my head towards the sound of the familiar voice. I cocked my eyebrow when I saw whoever was calling for me. "I'm sorry, I won't be able to make it to practice today." He said. "Why not?" I asked nonchantly. "Family issues." He said nervously.

My friends often tell me that I'm intimidating, but honsetly, I think I'm a pretty nice guy. "Ah, it's fine then." I said, trying to sound reassuring. "T-Thank you!" He said and ran off. 

I remembered how Hye In used to always lecture me about being nicer towards others when we were in elementary school.

"Yah! You can't say that to him!" Hye In stomped towards me one day after school. "To who?" I asked curiously. "To the boy that you called an idiot!" She yelled. "But, he was blocking my way!" I said, annoyed. "I don't care! If you don't apologize to him, I won't talk to you again!"  

Hye In didn't talk to me until I apologized to him, and every time I said something mean to my schoolmates, she would make me apologize. She might have been eight and small, but she had the biggest heart. 

I reached my class 30 seconds before my teacher did. That old geezer was about to call out on me, like he always does, but realized he couldn't. For some unknown reason, he just loves picking in me. I smiled in triumph as he scoffed, I won this time. 

_____

School ended, I headed towards the locker room to change for basketball training. On the way, I bumped into Hye In wearing shorts, on a winter day. 

"But, it's snowing?" I asked. "Correction, Oh Sehun. It was snowing." She rolled her eyes. "I won't be done till six." I said while checking my watch. "Does that mean I can go home without you?" She asked excitedly. 

This girl. I swear I saw her irises light up. 

"Ouch." I feigned a hurt expression. "A competition coming up?" She asked, I nodded "Well, bye." She beamed and ran off. If you were wondering, Hye In's in track and field, she's a sprinter. 

"Sup, Kris." I greeted. Kris Wu, the captain of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter