Bittersweet......

All I want is your love
It is better to break one's heart than to do nothing with it.
Margaret Kennedy -

 

 

 

About 20 minutes later, Jessica finally came out of the shower. She threw on some pajama bottoms and a simple pink t-shirt, feeling too lazy to go and get more suitable clothing.

Her face was still bright red from the incident with James earlier. Sure they have been good friends for more than 4 years, and sure they may use to have physical contacts, such as holding hands and hugging each other for who knows how many times, but seeing each other was quite a different event.

As much as she deeply cared for James, she really didn’t want to walk in on him in that state, that would just be awkward.  Sure she found James super attractive, but because of the fact that she is dating Tyler and she finds him more like a big brother, she never acts that way.

Jessica quickly brought her attention back to herself and began brushing her hair back. After that, she smiles at herself in the mirror before leaving her bedroom and walking into the living room.

James was slouched in the burgundy couch with his eyes closed. Jessica crossed her arms and could see him smiling a bit.

“You still aren’t , right?”

Jessica rolled her eyes and softly hit James’s shoulder.

“No, and maybe you should open up your eyes right now. For all I know, you could be fantasizing about me before turning it into a fanfic and then posting all those bull crap on Asianfanfics. And the next thing I need to do is throw you out.”

James immediately opened her eyes and looked up at her. He gave her a stupid grin before moving to the other side of the crouch and allowing Jessica to sit next to him.

They both for quiet for a few moments until James broke it and began to speak. 

“I got some good news.”

Jessica looked at him, “What would that be?”

“I’m taking a one year off from music.”

“Wait, so you rejected the offer to collaborate with Justin Bieber?”

James nodded.

“Hyun-Suk in going to announce the news tomorrow. I’m going to guess that the fans won’t be happy about this, but I’m-“

Why did you turn it down? The offer was perfect for you to hit number 1 in America again!” She stayed silent for awhile, “It’s because of me, is it?”

Jessica looked down at her red carpet and sighed. She was100% sure that James turned down the offer because of her, and it made her feel like an inconvenience.

Sure, she was having a hard time trying to cope out of being kicked out of Girls Generation and being betrayed by her eight former sisters, but she could take care of herself. James looked at Jessica and pat her shoulder, making her glance at him.

“It’s not you Jessica. I gave it a lot of thought and I just don’t want to do it. I have been in the spotlight for almost my entire Idol life, and it’s time for my members and the newcomers to shine, I don’t want to have it all again. I may be the “King of K-Pop”, but it’s not something I wanted to be until I died. They are several hundred thousand people in Korea, and I’m giving them all the change.”

“I wish I was in your position. I’ll give anything to go up on stage and sing my heart out to the fans.”

“I know you can, you have a wonderful voice, it’s not a shock if you decided to go solo and released a song. But you still have your fashion line to take care off, don’t forget that. Maybe you will even forget singing and just be a successful business woman."

Jessica couldn’t help but glare at him slightly. By the time her eyes met his, James knew it was too late to take back his words. Even though Jessica is still doing her duty as the CEO of Blance and Enclaire, he knew that singing and music is still number 1 in her heart. And after what she has been though for the past couple of months, James felt that he should have chosen his words more carefully.

“Look, I’m sorry......I didn’t mean it like that.”

Jessica crossed her arms.

“Then what did you mean?”

“I want you to forget the past and move on.”

“How can I move on? Everyday, I have to wake up from my sleep reminding myself that I am not a member of Girls Generation anymore. I can’t go out and sing, have to travel all over Asia to open a new branch at a new country, and got no one else to talk to except for You, Krystal, Tyler and that stupid business partner who doesn’t even know how to count. Like seriously, 20 plus 20 equals to 400? How the hell did he even got into business.”

James gave out a chuckle as Jessica cocked an eyebrow,

 “What’s so funny” She asked.

“Nothing. It’s just that you’re so feisty all the time. I feel bad for that business partner of yours!”

Jessica grabbed a pillow from the ground and slammed it into James’s gut. He let out the gasp and laughed as she continued to assault him. After a few minutes, she finally stopped hitting him, but James laughter didn’t.
 

 “If it make you any better, I met Baekhyun back at Yongi’s restaurant just now, and he said he wanted to talk to you. You should give him a call later or else he is going to annoy me to death.”

Jessica face brighten up, “Baekhyun? Byun Baekhyun? Bacon? What did he say?”

“Oh nothing. He just said that he and the rest of EXO misses you and he wanted to talk to you about something. Probably to ask you some advice to how to woo your younger sister.”

Jessica gave him a laser piercing glare and James raises his hand.

“What? We both knew he likes Krystal right?”

“But he’s in a relationship with Taeyeon remember. And also, Krystal is off limits to everyone, including him.”

Jessica said with a sternly voice.

“Oh come on Jessica, first, they are just in a stupid fake relationship that your former CEO did to have more money, hell he’s even younger than her for god sake. Second, If you ask me, I’m pretty sure that she likes Baekhyun too, but too shy to admit it. It’s an OTP paring, you know. And stop being an overprotective sister, you’re like a Mrs.Onslaught, you know that.”

Jessica took the pillow again and began hitting James with more force, making James laugh harder and harder.

“You make it sound like I’m some psycho !!”

“Well, I do call you Mrs. Onslaught for a reason.”

James said with a smirk.

“Yah! James Park Dongchul!!”

Jessica shouted and kept on attacking him. James is desperately trying to block all of her attack, but to no avail. Eventually he got tired and fell to the floor, gasping for air while still laughting at the situation.

Jessica was giggling uncontrollaby, she hasn't had this much fun since James got back from America to receive a music award with his group. Even hanging with Tyler wasn't that fun. She founf herself lying next to him on the floor, giggling slighty.

James propped himself up and extended his hand out to Jessica. She grabbed it and then slipped over one of her sandals falling into his chest. James let out a gasp as she got her body back up, giggling slightly.

"I'm sorry about that. My place is a total wreck."

"No kidding. Hey, the next time I’m free, I'm going to help you clean up this dump."

"Nah, you don't have to trouble yourself with that. Who knows what you might find here. Snakes could even be hiding under this filth."

James smiled at her. He hadn't seen her perky in quite some time. He found his right hand brushing Jessica's hair from her face. Though he never wanted to admit it, Jessica's eyes were very beautiful. Maybe that’s how he fell in love with her; her beautiful brown eyes. He could find himself staring at them knowing full well what her emotions were.

James found himself gazing into her eyes once more. His heart pounded as did hers. They both felt awkward being in such close proximity but at the same time they didn't want it to end.

"You look a whole lot prettier when you smile."

He gently blurted out to her as she blinked. Jessica felt her stomach churn with nervousness.

"T-thanks…"

They found themselves getting closer to each other. Jessica could tell their faces were inches away from making contact as she could feel his breath on her skin. Slowly they closed their eyes and waited for their lips to contract each other.

“Ring~~~ Ring~~~~Ring~~~”

 James's cell phone rang. They both jolted back and looked at the other with concern before he answered it.

"Hello…"

He got up and circled around the room. Jessica found herself sitting on the couch again, clenching the pillow to her chest as if she were going to collapse on herself. While he was on the phone she buried her face into the softness of the cushion feeling anxious and embarrassed.

"Hyung, it’s me, Kris. Listen, can I talk to you for a moment, I really need help."

"Can't this wait until later Kris?"

"Please Hyung, I really need your help."

"Kris, it's not the time right now."

"Please James, please.”

James sighed, he could just hung up on him and left him to beg to someone else, but hearing him begging like a beggar on the street asking for some money, he knew this is urgent.

"Alright, just give me one moment."

James pulled the phone away from his ear and looked at Jessica. She stared up at him and smiled, trying to be as normal and calm as possible. James did the same and made his posture more stern hoping it would calm down the events that led up to that ordeal.

"I got to go talk to Kris and run some errands. Try to give Baekhyun a call, I know he would be delighted to her his favourite Noona’s voice again."

"Yeah, sure. I can do that."

“Alright then, I see you tomorrow. Good night Sica.”

“Good night Oppa.”

James then departed from the room and headed for his own apartment complex. Jessica let out a gasp of relief and she coiled herself into a ball. They got too close for comfort. She could feel the small beads of sweat come down her face and fall into her arms.

"That was nothing, nothing. We were both just messing around. I already have Tyler Oppa, he doesn’t like me."

She kept on mumbling.

To keep herself preoccupied she started to pick up the apartment now finding a good reason why she should: to forget what happened.