Why are you so dense Jessica? Can't you see James loves you?

All I want is your love

Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so.
David Grayson -

 

RING~ RING~ RING~

“Who the hell dares to call me when I’m sleeping?” Someone grumbled.

Jessica woke up with the sound of her phone ringing. Being the sleepyhead that she is, she couldn't help but feel annoyed. "It's early in the morning,"

She looked at the clock beside her and growled, “9 a.m..........”

She said to herself while sleepily reaching for her phone on the bedside table.

Without looking at the caller ID, she just pressed answer.

 She couldn't care less who tried to called her. She didn’t care if it was her parents who are calling her back in the states. She didn’t care if it is Tyler calling her asking for date. Heck, she didn’t even care if the president of Korea is calling her to award her godamn medal. She is really pissed about the phone call that ruined her beauty sleep.

Without looking at the caller I.D, she just pressed answer.

“WHAT!!!!”

 

 

 

- -

 

 

 

 

"WHAT!!!"

James widened his eyes when he heard her manner of answering her phone. ‘, I forgot Jessica is still sleeping.’

"Uh, I'm sorry, I'll just call later."

"Wait, Oppa, is this you?"

"Yeah, sorry for calling you. I probably ruined your sleep."

"Yeah you kind of did, but you know what, it's fine. So, why'd you call?"

"Just saying that I’m going to go check you out when I returned to the apartment. Are you going anywhere later?"

"I- I, yeah. I be going on a date with Tyler. He said he will be bringing me to eat dinner together. Is it okay?"

James frowned when he heard that. Actually, he was hoping that Jessica was free so he could bring her to see a movie he has wanted to watch. ‘Tyler again.’ He thought sadly. He clenched his fist. “Yeah, yeah, It’s okay. Make sure you eat like a shinskin. You’re getting more skinny. I’m praying to god that you don’t become a skeleton soon.” He said teasingly.

No matter how much his mind and heart is feeling jealous and sad, he didn’t want Jessica to know his love for her, in fear of their friendship breaking apart. It took almost 3 months for him to patch things up with Jessica after she left Girls Generation, and he didn’t want to lose her again. Even though he knows Jessica doesn’t feel the same way with him, he is still happy with just being friends. Well, it’s better than nothing, right? He buries all of those Jealousy and sadness deep inside his already broken heart.

“Yah! Oppa! So annoying!” Jessica yelled from the other side.

James smiled, “Aigooooo Sica. You should stop yelling or else Oppa might go deaf.” He teased.

“Pfttt....” She scoffed. Although they are talking on the phone, James could imagine Jessica showing her cold face.

He chuckles, “Alright then, I be going to Yongi's restaurant to help him with some problem. I might be coming back like 9 or 10 p.m., sometime like that. Be sure you don’t come home late or even worse, drunk. After that, I will be checking on you, so don't lock the door.”

"Okay Oppa. I'm really sorry for the way I answered earlier that was so rude of me."

He chuckled when he heard her aegyo-ish tone while apologizing. "It's perfectly fine. There's no need to say sorry. It was my fault that I ruined your sleep. I'm really sorry about that again."

"It's fine, it's totally fine."

James knew that she was smiling on the other end of the phone, he could practically hear it. "So, I guess I'll see you soon?"

"Yeah, I guess you can say that."

"Go back to sleep first. I ruined your sleep, so now you can sleep again."

Jessica's laugh used to be sweet music to his ears. Until now, it still is. He knows that it will always stay that way.

"Okay. Bye, oppa."

"Bye, Sica."

 

 

 

 

- -

 

 

 

After hanging up with James, she laid back down and closed her eyes, trying to regain her sleep. Just as she was dozing off to dreamland, her sister, Krystal entered her room and shook her continuously. "Unnie, wake up. I made breakfast."

"Just let me get some sleep. I was just going to sleep."

"It's already 9:30. I think you've gotten more than enough."

She pulled her blanket higher to cover her face. "I still want to sleep."

"You're older than me, but you whine way too much. And don't fool me. I heard you talking to someone on your phone."

She pushed the blanket to let her eyes meet her sister's and glared at her. "You eavesdropping little witch."

Krystal rolled her eyes. "I wasn't eavesdropping. I just passed by, then I heard someone talking in your room. So I was like 'who could that be? Oh, it's probably Jess because she's the only one in there.'"

Jessica nodded,then sharply turned her head and looked at her, “How did you get inside my apartment? I never gave you my passcode.”

Krystal smiled cheekily, “James Oppa.” She said. Jessica just rolled her before pulling the blanket to cover he face again.

"Just let me sleep me first. Five minutes."

The younger one no longer complained. She just laid beside her sister and browsed the internet using her phone, waiting for five minutes to go by. She was on the group chat with her members, asking them if they've eaten their breakfast and telling them that she's hungry because her sister wants to sleep for another five minutes and she's waiting for her.

 

 

 

 

- -

 

 

 

 

"Who were you talking to earlier?" Krystal asked her older sister like a mother while they were eating breakfast.

Jessica gave her a weird look and ruffled her hair. "It's just a friend, MOM." She emphasized on mom which made the younger one make a face.

"I get it." She nodded her head as chewed her food. "You talked to him?"

"Him?" Her brows met in confusion. "Who?"

Without saying a word, she looked at her sister while chewing and patted her forehead twice.

"Eh??"

"That annoying insect who always stay on the wall of your bathroom watching you shower."

Jessica finally got who her sister was talking about. "No, it wasn't that insect that always watched me shower, and please don't say him like that.”

"Who did you talk to then?" Her tone was like a mother who's asking her child if she's hiding something from her.

"James Oppa."

"So what did he say?” Krystal asked, rather quickly. Some of her food splattering out from .

"Ew!" Jessica gave her a disgusted look. "Clean that up! Yeah, I was on the phone with him. He just say he is going to come back late and check up on me later.”

Krystal laughed as she cleaned the mess she made. "Sorry for the mess.”

She then glanced at Jessica, “Unnie......Can I ask you something?”

“Ask away. What is it?” Jessica responded.

“Don’t be mad at me Unnie, I’m just asking.”

“Just ask it Krys. Why is it so hard?”

“What do you feel about James Oppa?” The younger Jung asked.

“Nothing, of course.” Jessica answered shortly.

“Nothing? Nothing at all?” Krystal asked again.

“Other than he’s a good friend, they is nothing more to say.”

“Awww~ Come on Unnie. You guys has been good friend for almost 3 years. Don’t say you don’t feel anything about him. He’s every girls dream man. The voice of an angel. The dancing skills of a machine. The handsomeness of a god.” She began to fanboy, which causes Jessica to look at her with her famous blank face,” Anyway........he’s perfect Jess. Even better than that lizard on the wall!” Krystal exclaimed.

Jessica shook her head, “Tyler might not be James Oppa, but he’s already my boyfriend. I can’t cheat on him. Besides, even if I do like him, he wouldn’t feel the same way. We are just friends Krys. Best friends.” She said as she continue to eat her breakfast. “And please, stop calling Tyler a lizard.”

Krystal took a deep breath and sighed, “You are so dense Unnie. Can’t you see James Oppa loves you?” She murmured.

 


 

 

 

Please vote! And next update ma be tomorrow or day after tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the story so far.